Everybody is boycotting North Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Everybody is boycotting North Carolina

I was never into Disco,being a VERY hard rock type,metal really...Bang your head!!
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
      I'd dare to say you were all adults in those clubs and such. Most of the disgruntlement I hear about this law is because of the children and young adults that might be in those bathrooms. That, to me anyway, is the part that keeps being omitted here, it's not adults in a bathroom / lavatory setting it's mostly the presumption of children / young adults being in them. Though have to admit there are some that are simply hollering because of it being male's dressing as females in a females bathroom / locker room / etc.
      The drinking age was 18 then, so most of us were at least 15. Are they worried about straight men dressing as women to fool young girls? I think the biggest problem in the schools is bullying and all they need is good old fashioned hall monitors. We were hardly ever unsupervised in the bathrooms. They were afraid we'd smoke something LOL
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I myself smoked herb across the street when in High school..it was inner city cool in the way back then....

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
          The drinking age was 18 then, so most of us were at least 15. Are they worried about straight men dressing as women to fool young girls? I think the biggest problem in the schools is bullying and all they need is good old fashioned hall monitors. We were hardly ever unsupervised in the bathrooms. They were afraid we'd smoke something LOL
          Honestly I haven't figured out all the issues they are suggesting. I know I heard one argument about bathrooms in something like a mall as an example, bathrooms at amusement parks, parks in general, etc. Haven't really heard to many discussions about schools though i'm sure they are there as well. There being discussions not people specifically.

Myself I am torn. There are times my 9 year old granddaughter wants to go to the bathroom by herself and we let her go but stand outside the door. But then we know she is alone in the bathroom / restroom. So the idea of giving them a little freedom seem's endangered by having to have someone present with them, sort of standing outside the actual stall. To be honest I tend to look at this whole situation the same i'd look at a drunk driver. I might pass 9 of them on a given night and have no issue, but the 10th one might crash into me and kill me. So I prefer that even the single chance of being killed be ruled out by preventing it as a whole vice saying well the other 9 times nothing happened. I see the transgender thing in the same light, 9 times it might be a person who is simply in the wrong body, but that 10th person has the potential to truly harm and mess someone up. Doesn't mater if it's male on male, male on female, female on female or adult on child, it's not worth the chance or the potential enabling of it to occur. Yet most of the hype is about male in drag as it were while ignoring the other side of that coin I think when it comes to molesters, flashers, abusers, etc. they can be male or female.

I realize the times are changing but really do not think the odds are changing as much as people want to make believe.
          I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Ironically, more GOP politicians have been arrested for bathroom shenanigans than Trans people.

I don't want Republicans to be in the same bathroom with my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
              That, to me anyway, is the part that keeps being omitted here, it's not adults in a bathroom / lavatory setting it's mostly the presumption of children / young adults being in them.

My husband has been taking our daughter and I've been taking our son into the bathroom with us when the other parent wasn't there since they were born until just a few years ago for my daughter and last year for my son. Stalls are a thing. Please, what the heck are they realistically going to see because a woman that was born a man is washing her hands in the same sink that my kids are?

Even lots of locker rooms have changing stalls now, and if they don't, they should--some people have issues with their body image or with the public. And smart establishments that have kids patrons and visitors also have "family" changing rooms and bathrooms.

Here's the thing (and I absolutely do not think you are doing this Monsno, just that I've now seen some variation of it at least a dozen times now from my mouth breathing relatives)--anyone that thinks this through knows that this:

"boys will pretend they are girls to get in their locker room and take advantage of them" (paraphrased from the idiotic social media posts that I have personally encountered)

...is complete and utter BS.

No boy (or girl) is going to voluntarily go through the traumatizingly shitty experience of identifying as transexual* to get a lookey-loo at some tatas (or wang) outside of a terrible 80s movie, and if a boy (or girl) were going to use a restroom as a place to pick out a target for rape, it would be because they were a budding sexual predator, not because they were trans, and they'd do it regardless of some law significantly less punitive.

I'd hazard to guess that a boy child is statistically speaking more likely at risk in a mens bathroom (or a confessional, a classroom, etc) from a pedophile than they are from a genetic female using the mens room (or vice versa).

*ETA this should have said transgendered...I was, unfortunately, multitasking while writing this thread and didn't even notice that my Tim Curry conversation with the hubby slipped in to my typing til I reread...
              Last edited by thalassa; 19 Apr 2016, 16:05.
              “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
              ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
              ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

Interestingly I remember being in Taiwan Kaohsiung city,and a bathroom near the docks. Went in and an old lady was taking a dump over what is known as a benjo ditch in the Philippines.

Basically a trench with water running in it. And no gender thing,come as you are..unisex.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                  My husband has been taking our daughter and I've been taking our son into the bathroom with us when the other parent wasn't there since they were born until just a few years ago for my daughter and last year for my son. Stalls are a thing. Please, what the heck are they realistically going to see because a woman that was born a man is washing her hands in the same sink that my kids are?
                  We did the same with the wife taking the boys into the women's bathroom though have to admit I can't think of a time I took our granddaughter into the men's room. But then again there is hardly any time we're out that it's not both of us with them.

Just a guess but some of what I keep hearing and have seen in many school type settings is the fact a lot of bathrooms do not have stall doors. Some are pressing just to have stall walls. Don't know how many fair grounds, park grounds, etc that do not have doors on the stalls. But then again that tends to be in more rural areas than the cities or even urban areas. Still find the trough urinals in some areas, but again that seems more rural than city or urban in usage.

Even lots of locker rooms have changing stalls now, and if they don't, they should--some people have issues with their body image or with the public. And smart establishments that have kids patrons and visitors also have "family" changing rooms and bathrooms.
                  They should but again I think your also dealing with the idea of rural / country and urban / city in how things are done. Been years since I've been to some areas of the South but still recall open changing areas at public pools, lakes and large ponds with swimming areas. It's almost a culture of its own in how things were done and that sense of expectations of privacy or lack there of. Sort of like the old stories where you peeked into the girls locker room and the idea of privacy was nearly non-existent as you had lockers back to back and benches between them.

It seems, to me anyway, that a lot of the South in that regard still has that eroticism / tabooism going on regarding changing areas. That aspect is more the argument than actual bathroom facilities for washing or using a toilet. Yet it also touches upon that "Princess' concept though I couldn't explain it to save my life as it seem's to change from person to person and area to area when it comes to their daughters / grand-daughter's / wives.

Here's the thing (and I absolutely do not think you are doing this Monsno, just that I've now seen some variation of it at least a dozen times now from my mouth breathing relatives)--anyone that thinks this through knows that this:

"boys will pretend they are girls to get in their locker room and take advantage of them" (paraphrased from the idiotic social media posts that I have personally encountered)

...is complete and utter BS.
                  Thank you. Like you i've heard so many aspects and the presumption of what will happen.

No boy (or girl) is going to voluntarily go through the traumatizingly shitty experience of identifying as transexual to get a lookey-loo at some tatas (or wang) outside of a terrible 80s movie, and if a boy (or girl) were going to use a restroom as a place to pick out a target for rape, it would be because they were a budding sexual predator, not because they were trans, and they'd do it regardless of some law significantly less punitive.
                  I think the idea of them doing it to be transexual is the mistake though. It's not that they would do it to experience being transgender'd but to exploit it. I do agree though it's more likely to be a budding sexual predator or seasoned one that will exploit it.

I'd hazard to guess that a boy child is statistically speaking more likely at risk in a mens bathroom (or a confessional, a classroom, etc) from a pedophile than they are from a genetic female using the mens room (or vice versa).
                  Oh I don't disagree at all. But I think part of that goes back to the notion of males being the main predator which ignores the fact there are women predators as well. From a sexual predator aspect it's just as likely as man would act the role to get a young girl as a woman acting the role to get a boy. Consider just how many times we see articles of the 20 something male / female trying to pass themselves off as teenagers. They seek to have sexual experiences with them but also re-experience those teenage years. Which it seems that is one aspect that it appears we see more women involved in than men.

In many ways though it goes back to the idea that is you give them an opportunity and means then there will be those who will exploit it. Doesn't matter if they are male or female if it gives them access to children or young adults in the early to mid teen range.
                  I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

http://prairiehome.publicradio.org/l...ate=2016/04/02

Start about 4:00 in.
                    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

ahhh,Garrison Keillor...a friend introduced me to him and A Prairie home companion...very nice voice and soothing as well.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Um. Oopsie. I somehow have administrative authority. i moved this thread just to see if I could. And I can. I don't know what to do now.

*waves at admins.

Um. Something is wrong.

*at the top of the thread I get this:
                        Administrative
                        Search Thread
                        Rate This Thread
                        Display

Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

On the up side...

At the staff meeting yesterday, the "out" lesbian teacher (no, she doesn't teach gym) gave a long, impassioned plea for treating LGBTQ students with courtesy and respect, regardless of one's personal beliefs.

It was fully sactioned by the school, and I really hope that people in teaching (who need to) wise up a bit. It's not our job hurt or humiliate. It IS our job to make sure ALL students feel comfortable and respected in our classrooms.
                          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

And, at least for schools, the courts have spoken (if you are in the 4th circuit*):

*4th circuit includes Maryland, Virginia and W Virginia, and both N and S Carolina
                            “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
                            ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
                            ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                              And, at least for schools, the courts have spoken (if you are in the 4th circuit*):

*4th circuit includes Maryland, Virginia and W Virginia, and both N and S Carolina
                              I'd be interested to see the boys start showing up in dresses in order to get a peak at girls going potty...

...and are people really so out of control that the mere glimpse of a female body causes them to go on a rape spree? There are some serious issues here, and it's not the trans people demonstrating a brain problem...

(Who comes up with this kind of stuff? Do they know they're loony?)

Comment

can someone moves this back to debates?
                                i have broken my pf authority.
                                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
                                X