Clear All

9/11 bill

I'm not sure if any of you have heard of this bill. In essence:
    Rest of story HERE

What do you guys think?

sorry for the short posts. my wrist is limited so typing is hard
    Satan is my spirit animal

Re: 9/11 bill

I myself think it is way past time for this to come up and SA is not a happy country about it.(too bad for them)

- - - Updated - - -

Whats the term?......Let them go pound sand,they have a lot of that...
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

My initial thought could only be posted here in the adult rant section. Basically what anunitu said.
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

So you guys are ok with victims of terrorists here in the US can sue another country? How does that even work? Who goes to court and where?

Comment

It's purely symbolic - there is no way of enforcing a decision.
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Do I approve of the bill itself? Err, I could see potentially dangerous unintended consequences of this specific bill. Congress has other, safer, equally damaging ways to screw with Saudi Arabia if we want to do that.

Am I spectacularly concerned about Saudi Arabia's blustering? I'm pretty sure we have more ways to screw with Saudi Arabia than they have to return the favor so not really. My concerns are more long term than that.
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I could never have any involvement in anything 9/11 related where I was supposed to be impartial, logical, calm, collected, or any of that happy horsepoop, because I never will be those things about it.
              sigpic

Comment

The American government will end up doing whatever the Saudis tell them to do at this point. At the same time you have to realize this would be the same as the US being OK with a Yemeni or Pakistani court putting Obama and his administration on trial for the murder of at least 100 children by his drones.
                [4:82]

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                  I could never have any involvement in anything 9/11 related where I was supposed to be impartial, logical, calm, collected, or any of that happy horsepoop, because I never will be those things about it.
                  I totally understand that. But I must add the rest of the world (there are countries where terrorism is a regular blip on the news) that have dealt with this and can still deal. We aren't special.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                    I totally understand that. But I must add the rest of the world (there are countries where terrorism is a regular blip on the news) that have dealt with this and can still deal. We aren't special.
                    Trying to view it impartially, as if it had been elsewhere but the same thing happened, I'd say it's a very delicate dance to involve other countries, esp. ones with different standards of justice, and we the public don't know, and will never know, all the facts. Sometimes there's collateral damage on a global scale, which is what Yemen seems to be. US Ambassador Tueller is still bravely trying to work things out.
                    sigpic

Comment

Cnn just did a news article saying the govt of Iran was just sued and lost their case dealing with terrorism. I guess you can do it. Who knew?
                      Victims of terrorist attacks backed by Iran can collect nearly $2 billion in Iranian money held by a New York bank, the Supreme Court ruled Wednesday.

Comment

In this case the Money might have been frozen as part of sanctions. One issue that SA is facing is the drop in the price of oil. Read that they are getting their people ready for a drop in government subsidy's. When your only(mainly) money maker is being replaced by more modern energy solutions. Other middle eastern countries have been getting away from the single source of income for a while,like Dubai that built a resort area for the very rich and famous.

- - - Updated - - -

Rich and famous playground.

- - - Updated - - -

After all the moneys gone.

- - - Updated - - -

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I think it's a terrible idea. The government can't be held responsible for the actions of a section of their society. Now, if it's government-sanctioned, that's one thing. But does that mean that countries in the Middle East get to turn around and sue the US for the killing of civilians in actions such as bombings? Or if we're going with the idea of terror, hate crimes against their citizens here in the US?
                          Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I think it has more to do with rumors about their involvement being true or not,and our(US) allies being true in their dealings with us. We(US) have been known to back nasty bad dictators that have really bad human rights records because we need them to allow us a place to have our troops,or control an area we want to use.

Deal with the devil and all that.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

If the US Congress seriously thinks Saudi Arabia has been consciously supporting terror attacks then instead of creating a precedent that can backfire on us, it should start looking at ways to hinder trade, defund any current military aid to Saudi Arabia, lock down problematic charities, push reconciliation with Iran as much as possible (as State answers to the pres, there are limits here), increase funding for renewable energy and otherwise be an ass. This strikes me as a poorly thought out feel good gesture and while the threat of selling off massive amounts of US assets doesn't particularly fill me with terror, I don't like introducing new diplomatic weapons that might be turned against me.
                              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Working...
                              X