Doctor fired for assaulting Uber driver while drunk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doctor fired for assaulting Uber driver while drunk

So this was in the news not too long ago. This 4th year neurology resident was too drunk to figure out the Uber car wasn't for her. She didn't even order it. She was wasted and started attacking the driver and destroying his property. She was suspended from work and has now been fired.

Do you think that is too harsh or acceptable on the part of the hospital?

Oh sauce here

I personally think that the firing of her was for legal purposes that could arise down the line. She might have been having a 'bad day' or a 'great day' and decided to get sh*t faced drunk off her butt. But that's a mistake that's going to cost you. I personally feel doctors who are dealing with life and death situations (and some other career categories) should be held to a higher standard.

prays to the thread killer. don't do it!
    Satan is my spirit animal

Re: Doctor fired for assaulting Uber driver while drunk

Everywhere I've worked would fire you for pulling something sufficiently stupid enough off the clock.

Comment

I'm not entirely sure about this whole incident. If it part of the job, she should get fired for it. If it's not then she shouldn't get fired for it. Just my two cents.

Comment

As a doctor or intern,there is a public image thing that comes into play. People trust doctors for a reason. If you do something to make yourself look irresponsible,then that trust goes away and more than likely your employment.
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
        X