Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insanity workouts?

Hey all,

Has anyone ever tried any of the Insanity workouts? I'm intrigued. Is anyone interested in being my long-distance Insanity buddy?

I realistically can't start working on it until probably the end of next week (because moving), but that gives us time to look into it, research it, extra.

I'm turning into a fat bum, and I need someone else to help with motivation.

(read: Bjoooooooorn, I'm looking at you!)

Mostly art.

Re: Insanity workouts?

I know this was directed at Bjorn but I have been trying to motivate myself to get back in shape as my body metabolism has revolted since I turned 25. I would be interested in trying out Insanity with people. I wouldn't be able to get started for a week or two as I am going out of town. But, I need to lose this gut.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePaganMafia View Post
      I know this was directed at Bjorn but I have been trying to motivate myself to get back in shape as my body metabolism has revolted since I turned 25. I would be interested in trying out Insanity with people. I wouldn't be able to get started for a week or two as I am going out of town. But, I need to lose this gut.
      I only nudged Bjorn because I remember a few years ago, she was doing it (it's how I ever learned what it was).

I need a week or two also to get enough space in my new place to do the workout (aka I gotta move and unpack). I've gotten squishy with this office job and shitty eating, and it's gotta stop.

Let's get a whole PF insanity group going!

Mostly art.

Comment

It looks a bit pricey. Too bad they don't got it on Netflix.

Comment

It looks a bit pricey. Too bad they don't got it on Netflix.
          I was just gonna download it...

I'll email you the files after if you shoot me your email address by PM.

Mostly art.

Comment

Alright, cool. I'll shoot you a PM. Thanks.

Comment

I've never done Insanity, but I have done 'HIIT' (High Intensity Interval Training) on my own. It is very hard on the body and mind. You should begin basic exercise now, like push ups, squats, leg raises/knee tucks, bar dips, pull ups (or variations if you cannot do a full range pull up), jumping jacks, burpies, mountain climbers, and drink lots and lots of water and eat nutritious food. I've done the gamut of fitness on my own and with friends and instructors, from dumbbells to body weight and you have to prepare yourself, especially for something like Insanity. After my first day of CrossFit I could barely walk for almost 3 days, and on the fourth, I went back to class!

I'm just saying prepare yourself now with basic strength and endurance training, because when you start something like Insanity, you just might want to kill yourself. I can't stress this enough - drink LOTS of water, eat GOOD protein with a very balanced diet and be WELL RESTED. Meditation after a soft stretch post workout is one of my favorite cool downs. I'm just looking out for you, because I love exercising and have been through the ups and downs.

Comment

Originally posted by THANK... View Post
                I've never done Insanity, but I have done 'HIIT' (High Intensity Interval Training) on my own. It is very hard on the body and mind. You should begin basic exercise now, like push ups, squats, leg raises/knee tucks, bar dips, pull ups (or variations if you cannot do a full range pull up), jumping jacks, burpies, mountain climbers, and drink lots and lots of water and eat nutritious food. I've done the gamut of fitness on my own and with friends and instructors, from dumbbells to body weight and you have to prepare yourself, especially for something like Insanity. After my first day of CrossFit I could barely walk for almost 3 days, and on the fourth, I went back to class!

I'm just saying prepare yourself now with basic strength and endurance training, because when you start something like Insanity, you just might want to kill yourself. I can't stress this enough - drink LOTS of water, eat GOOD protein with a very balanced diet and be WELL RESTED. Meditation after a soft stretch post workout is one of my favorite cool downs. I'm just looking out for you, because I love exercising and have been through the ups and downs.
                That's cute.

Thanks for the unsolicited advice, but it's not as though I've been sedentary my entire life. I have spent the last 10 years of my life working outside, I have hiked thousands of kilometres. I used to body build. I used to do yoga 7 days a week. I used to run marathons, and I still am a long distance cyclist.

I injured myself last year, went through a divorce (in a manner of speaking), and lost a job. I got a bit chubby.

I'm no stranger to pain.

Mostly art.

Comment

Wait, I gotta eat right too?

Ugggghhhhh

Comment

Wait, I gotta eat right too?

Ugggghhhhh
                    My thoughts, exactly. I rather stay sexy chubby.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Years of not having to give a damn about what I'm eating has really come back to bite me no that I'm older. I' have no idea how to eat right.

Comment

I had that problem,as I tended to have a VERY fast metabolism. I would eat a LOT of high calorie things so as to not lose weight. Now as I am older,I have a hard time eating the good stuff because of younger habits,and my metabolism has slowed so I gain if not careful.
                        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Years of not having to give a damn about what I'm eating has really come back to bite me no that I'm older. I' have no idea how to eat right.
                          The general rule is: as many veggies as you want, a good source of protein, and a serving of grains (if you are into that grain-thing), and watch how much fat you add to your food (fats are good, deep frying all your meals is not). Once or twice a week, eat what you want - chips, fries, cake, whatever, just don't eat an entire cake. Still hungry? Eat more vegetables. Try to avoid processed foods, and otherwise just enjoy your food. If you gotta drink, hard-bar is lower in calories than beer and wine.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and I downloaded the Insanity videos. Even compressed, they're too large for email, so I'm going to send them to you as a few emails, probably later tonight.

Mostly art.

Comment

Okay, thanks. I'm going to try and make a budget healthy menu. I need to drop this extra fat before I hit the Trail this Summer. Mays going to be a tough month to get this going. Im spending the first half in Mississippi and then I'm coming back and having surgery. I should be able to make it work though.

Comment

My husband did insanity for several months before he got injured. Once we finish moving he's going to get back into it. Make sure you have plenty of water easily accessible during the work out (they only break for like 30-60 seconds at a time if I remember correctly), and that you are doing it somewhere suitable for high impact moves (I remember a lot of jumping and high knees lol). He did it in the living room, but he talked about getting a cushioned mat for it because of all the moves.
                              ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Working...
                              X