Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Five million (star)bucks for too much ice in a drink.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Five million (star)bucks for too much ice in a drink.

Well, there goes whatever little faith I had left in humanity LOL Someone's suing Starbucks for putting too much ice in their iced coffee.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...ion=weird-news
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Re: Five million (star)bucks for too much ice in a drink.

#whitepeopleproblems

Comment

It's like the long-ago dingbat who sued McDonalds because the coffee was too hot.
      sigpic

Comment

Simple solution..do not pay 15 bucks for an iced coffee,just brew a pot of your own,and do your own ice coffee.
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I know, right? I remember my first cup of Starbucks coffee - I was at a rest stop somewhere between NJ and Saratoga early one Saturday morning, and that's what was there. I stood out like a sore thumb getting my plain old black coffee LOL I don't even know what all those half-caf-mocha-frappa-supercalifragilisticexpialidocious thingamajigs are.
          sigpic

Comment

The coffe case was weird. Also, silly as it was, there were actual injuries and medical bills involved. Sizeable ones if

Test your knowledge with amazing and interesting facts, trivia, quizzes, and brain teaser games on MentalFloss.com.

Is an accurate source. Doesn't make the actual case less silly but there was harm.

This sets a new bar for stupid.
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

It's amazing what people will look for to create a lawsuit. I'm waiting for some idiot to choke from stuffing toilet tissue in their mouth so there can be a warning on every roll that it shouldn't be taken orally. This is what we're coming to!
              sigpic

Comment

I remember reading about a farmer suing a ladder company because they did not warn him about putting his ladder in pig crap in the summer that resulted in him falling when the ladder slipped and he fell into said pig crap...George...watch out for that tree...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                  It's like the long-ago dingbat who sued McDonalds because the coffee was too hot.
                  The case was pretty legit. The lady was in her eighties and the coffee gave her extensive third degree burns. I saw documentary on it. One of the doctors remarked that it was surprising that a woman at her age even survived or recovered.

They had orginally just called and asked for the medical bills to be covered but Mcdonalds kept giving them the finger. So, they sued.

Edit: Or you can just read MaskedOne's link and ignore my unsourced recollections.

Comment

And if it had less ice, it would be a problem too. I hope Starbucks's lawyers crush her in court.
                    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Anybody can sue anybody for anything, and ask any amount.

The real question is "will she win"?
                      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Well speaking, sueing and pushing for compensation is based on the principle of putting the victim in the situation they would have been in (financially, physically etc.) had the harm caused by the defendant not been administered.
                        The McDonalds one makes sense mostly, because they made coffee too hot and gave it to an elderly lady which was then spilled and caused harm (700+ complaints). The question to ask is in most situations like this is 'is it reasonable to assume the actions of the defendant would cause harm to the victim' (Note, circumstances of the victim such as age/frailty/etc. must be included in this question), if yes then the D is liable.
                        Imo just paying for the medical bill is justified and tbf it wouldn't even dent the company. Problem with that is once the media get a whiff of McDonalds caving for something like that they're going to get a lot more compensatory requests very quickly, big business really can't win on that front.
                        The Starbucks thing is just bs, claimant is just not gonna get any money out of it.
                        Plus come on, everyone knows you don't get ice in soft drinks. (But you do have ice in iced drinks?)
                        Work hard Play hard.
                        What is history?

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                          Google mcdonald's coffee burn. Her burns were extremely horrible. I mean I won't even post the pic here. It's pretty effed up.
                          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I'm not saying the person wasn't legitimately hurt. But some of these lawsuits are just nuts. If someone chokes on a chicken bone from a piece of chicken that's supposed to have bones in it, it's different than if it was labeled boneless.
                            sigpic

Comment

If you remember that one case where they tried to sue because they found a human finger tip in the chili,and the tip was tested for DNA,and it was from one of their own family members.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes,it really happened. see here.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                              X