X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ONLY AUTHORIZED ELECTION NEWS THREAD--no debating allowed

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
    I heard (or maybe read) somewhere today that someone called him "Cheeto Jesus". LMAO and eeeew at the same time.
    Here:

Warning - strong language. This GOP dude hates Trump more than us.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

yes, yes it's terrible. almost as bad as selling political favors for donations to the Clinton foundation and using the donations to pay the salaries of political pawns.
      The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
      I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Originally posted by DragonsFriend View Post
        yes, yes it's terrible. almost as bad as selling political favors for donations to the Clinton foundation and using the donations to pay the salaries of political pawns.
        Source, please?

I mean, if you actually look at charity ratings, you find one of two things--either they do quite well, or the rating agency isn't set up to measure their organization, or they actually do pretty well at doing what they intend to do. Either way, the slanderous accusation that the organization engages in criminal activity (rather than an opinion of an individual or their specific work), should be backed up with some source. Particularly when it is a contentious and easily refuted statement.
        This is, after all, a NEWS THREAD.

A note to all: Disagree with the news all you want, comment on it at will, but if you are going to make a claim about someone outside of a personal opinion on them or about the story at hand, post news.

If you would like an example,
        see Denarius' post here.
        Last edited by thalassa; 17 Jun 2016, 10:20.
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

Leaked e-mails suggest that the DNC colluded with the media to rig the election in Hillary's favor from the beginning.
          Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
            http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-0...ection-hillary

Leaked e-mails suggest that the DNC colluded with the media to rig the election in Hillary's favor from the beginning.
            Oh, I believe that. But I also believe that the public is totally idiotic if the ever thought the primary process was a democratic one (for either party). Political parties are private organizations, the have a vested interest in choosing (what they see) as the most viable candidate that serves their long term chess board. I think Bernie has the least reprehensible views and most visible (almost rigid) consistency, with the largest share.of integrity I've ever.seem from a political standpoint...but I actually don't think those are always good things when it comes to being the President. Ideological integrity has to be tempered with pragmatism, consistency has to have show an ability to compromise, and sometimes the choices the person in the chair has to make are reprehensible (and then person has to understand the full weight the reprehensibility of them).
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

According to politico, the DNC is A: supposed to be impartial and B: has been playing fast and loose with that rule for a while now.

Also this isn't even the most flagrant allegation, actual rigging may be going on.

I don't know if this is just from this being the first election I've actually paid attention to, but this election seems especially shady and bonkers.
              Last edited by Denarius; 18 Jun 2016, 03:04.
              Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Well, this is interesting. It appears that candidate Trump's McCarthyism is not just a coincidence of "sick minds think alike"; there is a direct link, a learned method, and a strategy. Bill Moyers on the McCarthy/Trump connection:

Trump, His Virus and the Dark Age of Unreason

From the article:

Cohn was chief counsel to McCarthy’s Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations, the same one Welch went up against. Cohn was McCarthy’s henchman, a master of dark deeds and dirty tricks. When McCarthy fell, Cohn bounced back to his hometown of New York and became a prominent Manhattan wheeler-dealer, a fixer representing real estate moguls and mob bosses — anyone with the bankroll to afford him. He worked for Trump’s father, Fred, beating back federal prosecution of the property developer, and several years later would do the same for Donald. “If you need someone to get vicious toward an opponent,” Trump told a magazine reporter in 1979, “you get Roy.” To another writer he said, “Roy was brutal but he was a very loyal guy.”
                Last edited by B. de Corbin; 18 Jun 2016, 04:18.
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                  Source, please?

I mean, if you actually look at charity ratings, you find one of two things--either they do quite well, or the rating agency isn't set up to measure their organization, or they actually do pretty well at doing what they intend to do. Either way, the slanderous accusation that the organization engages in criminal activity (rather than an opinion of an individual or their specific work), should be backed up with some source. Particularly when it is a contentious and easily refuted statement.
                  This is, after all, a NEWS THREAD.

A note to all: Disagree with the news all you want, comment on it at will, but if you are going to make a claim about someone outside of a personal opinion on them or about the story at hand, post news.

If you would like an example,
                  see Denarius' post here.
                  You are asking me to provide sources that you won't agree with anyway. If I did provide sources it could be construed as a debate - which is disallowed in this thread.
                  The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                  I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

You are asking me to provide sources that you won't agree with anyway. If I did provide sources it could be construed as a debate - which is disallowed in this thread.

Uhm... Didn't the example given demonstrate how to do this in a non-debate style?

&

Humans get to disagree. Post solid evidence, though, and it becomes hard to disagree.

Comment

Nope, sources are the POINT of this thread. It's to post NEWS LINKS that others may or may not be interested in. Commentary upon them is optional. Argument, however, is not--after all, it's just debate without manners and sources.

And yeah, I probably won't agree with them (if they are questionable)...neither will a chunk of the people here, but we also have the option not to read it. Neither of which is the point. It's not about agreement or disagreement, it's about putting the information there for people to decide or not. Denarius also disagrees with the bulk of the thread...but posts news links that demonstrate the ways that he disagrees (or the ways that he agrees with other candidates or issues, etc). Because he is honoring the rules of the thread, no one cares.
                      Last edited by thalassa; 18 Jun 2016, 13:21.
                      sigpic

Comment

Trump had another rally last night, and, eager to know what new venom he was spewing, I checked the news.

No Trump.

It turns out that, due to Trump's banning news sources he doesn't like from his events, many news sources have decided they will no longer cover them.

Comment

That's how ridiculous the mainstream news media is. Give the clown billions in free coverage and then pretend to take a stand.

Comment

On CNN, earlier in the day, I saw some preparation for his rally. It was a big horse racing night, so I was watching that, but kept checking the news channels and...nothing, like you said. Very interesting.
                            sigpic
                            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Oh Donald, you are such a studmuffin:

Why The New Child Rape Case Filed Against Donald Trump Should Not Be Ignored

And this:

Comment

When Trump visited Scotland very recently he had an... interesting... reception.

www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Working...
                                X