This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ONLY AUTHORIZED ELECTION NEWS THREAD--no debating allowed

Trump vs Clinton, I would guess - things are already ugly, and apt to get worse:

Trump Supporters Are Peddling Disgustingly Sexist Anti-Hillary Clinton Swag

ChfuTCPU8AEeuhs.jpg
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Bad in that as a not-American I don't want Trump to have access to the nuclear codes (regardless of whether he's politically capable of using them).
      Lesser of two evils sounds like most British politics stuff, welcome to the world where everyone hates the dude who actually got elected ;P

^
      Wow, that's well, incredibly un-political.
      Work hard Play hard.
      What is history?

Comment

The really big question is: If Trump loses the main event,the general election,will he scream "I was cheated" as he has done a few times in the primaries.

Also,what happens if he wins...Not to mention will he stop the name calling?...like fat a** Kraut lady in addressing Angela Merkel,or another world leader...will we have to apologize every time he opens his mouth?

- - - Updated - - -

What World leaders think of Donald Trump.

Story from Fortune Magazine

- - - Updated - - -

Just for the record,Trump stands alone now...
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Re: Cruz dropped out...

Respectfully, is there any good reason to vote for Donald Trump to be president? Also, how much autonomy does the President have? In Australia we've had so many party leader changes in recent history because the party didn't support their leader. If trump was elected, who would be Vice-President?

Comment

Re: Cruz dropped out...

Originally posted by Azvanna View Post
            Respectfully, is there any good reason to vote for Donald Trump to be president? Also, how much autonomy does the President have? In Australia we've had so many party leader changes in recent history because the party didn't support their leader. If trump was elected, who would be Vice-President?
            It's funny you would ask about the VP: One Of These Tremendous People Could Be Donald Trump’s Running Mate

The truth is - anybody who decides to run with him, should he NOT win, will have committed total political suicide, from which no return will be possible.

As far as presidential autonomy... really... not that much.

For a president to accomplish anything requires a lot of support from the senate and congress, and their particular party. Despite Trump's claim to be a master at dealing, his "success" in that are has been based on his ability to bully people into doing what he wanted them to do, backed by the purchasing power of his wealth.

Washington politics doesn't work that way, though, which is why I suggested that he is more of an embarrassment than a danger.

Oh - PS... a good reason to vote for Trump? Not that I can see, unless he will pay me to do it...
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

To get back to news..he has mentioned Christy...and a few he mentioned said a flat NO!

- - - Updated - - -

Here there be NO's.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by Azvanna View Post
                Also, how much autonomy does the President have?
                They can do quite a lot, among other things they are the Commander in Chief of our armed forces, but are limited by the judicial branch (Through the Supreme Court and [their interpretation of] the Constitution, such as by the process of impeachment) as well as congress which is what actually holds the majority of political power.

Congress can veto the president and the president can veto the senate (and especially refuse to sign bills into law) so nothing gets done, or they can work together so that they do.

Basically congress can stop him from doing pretty much anything for any reason if they want to, and the Supreme Court can kick him out of office but they have to justify it through the constitution.

If trump was elected, who would be Vice-President?
                Anyone eligible to be president that he chooses, which is traditionally done at the Republican National Convention which is in July. I've seen a lot of speculation that it'll be Chris Christie, but Trump hasn't said anything that I'm aware of.
                Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Denarius, double check impeachment proceedings. You're affording them to the entirely wrong branch of government. That said, courts do have significant ability to lol-nope the President or Congress on Constitutional grounds. At least, they have the ability provided that the President can't pull off an Andy Jackson successfully. The power of the court to compel relies on agencies from other branches to do their jobs.
                  life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Christie isn't exactly loved in NJ. I'm sure he's making every effort to salvage his career by buddying up to Donald. If the Rep. convention is contested, we'll see some of these "suspended" candidates try to come back, I'm guessing.
                    sigpic
                    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                      Denarius, double check impeachment proceedings. You're affording them to the entirely wrong branch of government.
                      So I am, that's what I get for going off what I remember from middle school and Schoolhouse Rock without double checking. I also just noticed I said "especially" when I meant "essentially." Similar sounding words get me sometimes. Derp.
                      Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

All in all,it most likely will be a Bumpy ride...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Wow I can't believe that Bernie Sanders win Indiana.

Comment

Maybe a little off topic,or perhaps not.
                            Wondering if this is what we can expect in this election,
                            See story here.

Short about the story.

Why a Trump-backing tow truck driver says he refused service to a Sanders supporter.

Next they will not serve you if you wear a Hillary Pantsuit. or your name is Bill....or Bernie..or you are intelligent...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I keep watching this race like I can turn it off and it's just a bad 80s tv movie.
                              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Or the 70's - an Irwin Allen production like The Poseidon Adventure - you know the ship is sinking, you just don't know which of the two groups is going in the right direction. There's got to be a morning after......

Now Ryan won't endorse Trump, and Trump won't endorse Ryan's agenda. The last time I remember things being this kind of whirlwind-crazy was the late 60's.
                                sigpic
                                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Working...
                                X