Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At what age should kids* be allowed to go out and about** on their own?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: At what age should kids* be allowed to go out and about** on their own?

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
    And what became of the "Worm"?
    The early bird got it, of course!
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

My fave was Tequila Sunrise..looked as good as it went down...

- - - Updated - - -

MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

That was my signature drink in the 70's! That, and White Russians. Funny, these days I drink neither o.j. nor milk.

Anyway, trying to segue back to topic.....I guess part of when kids can be left home/let out alone is trusting them not to get into the liquor cabinet, or have an older kid buy them some.
        sigpic

Comment

Youse peeked at my childhood Memoirs...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
            That was my signature drink in the 70's! That, and White Russians. Funny, these days I drink neither o.j. nor milk.

Anyway, trying to segue back to topic.....I guess part of when kids can be left home/let out alone is trusting them not to get into the liquor cabinet, or have an older kid buy them some.
            So, kids are okay to go out alone from 6-12/13, and then we should lock them in a box...
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

Really does depend on each kid..but a thing,at 7 I was cooking my own breakfast,and lighting the stove(Before pilot lights) and relighting the floor heater. My older sister taught us how to do stuff,and everyone helped keep up with stuff. These days what with helicopter parents,I am surprised kids know how to tie their own shoes. I guess I was a free range kid growing up.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                So, kids are okay to go out alone from 6-12/13, and then we should lock them in a box...
                Sounds about right...
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                  Not all of 'em. Like I said, I didn't do anything really crazy until I was an adult.
                  sigpic

Comment

I was allowed to walk to school, but then again it was about a mile away from school. Not too far for us to walk. This was junior high of course. We were about 13 and 14 (me being the older sister and I stayed back a grade). When we were younger, we were allowed to play outside as long as we were in the yard. Of course it was a close knit neighborhood. A lot of my friends were around and the neighbors watched over us. We lived on a dead end street during our teens and our parents had to parallel park their cars so the others could get by. We knew our neighbors and had friends. My sister had a job and started to drive. This was of course before the internet craze and social media craze.

I would think that parents should wait till the children understand the dangers of going out on their own. They should teach their children early on about strangers not just in person, but on the internet. They should let them know that being on their own doesn't mean they can be out of their parents reach. They still have a responsibility to stay in touch with their parents. I can't say what age, but probably at least 12. This is my opinion though. I only have fur babies and a nephew.
                    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Working...
                    X