WICCA The Complete Craft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WICCA The Complete Craft

Has anybody used or read the book WICCA, The Complete Craft by D.J.Conway. I received a copy from my son for Christmas and I'm thinking of using it as a refresher course book for myself. This would be used as the main work book and supplemented with others from my library.
    I would appreciate any feedback anyone could provide me with.
    Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Re: WICCA The Complete Craft

I've read it. I don't care for Conways work to much so personally I wouldn't read it but that's just me. Everyone has that one author they just don't like LOL.

I would stick to Cunningham or Buckland

Comment

I've never cared for Conway. Having read two of her books (Celtic Magic and Dancing with Dragons), I can say that she likes to throw around erroneous "facts" and half-truths without bothering to cite her sources. She also has a tendency to oversimplify things and never move past the 101 level.

That said, here's one review for the book in question:

Sounds like the same old Conway to me, and it sounds very much like her brand of "Wicca" can only be considered Wicca on a superficial level.
      Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
      -Erik Erikson

Comment

[quote author=Amber link=topic=1373.msg27874#msg27874 date=1294685634]
        I've read it. I don't care for Conways work to much so personally I wouldn't read it but that's just me. Everyone has that one author they just don't like LOL.

I would stick to Cunningham or Buckland[quote author=Clive link=topic=1373.msg27883#msg27883 date=1294691845]
        I've never cared for Conway. Having read two of her books (Celtic Magic and Dancing with Dragons), I can say that she likes to throw around erroneous "facts" and half-truths without bothering to cite her sources. She also has a tendency to oversimplify things and never move past the 101 level.

That said, here's one review for the book in question:

Sounds like the same old Conway to me, and it sounds very much like her brand of "Wicca" can only be considered Wicca on a superficial level.
        [/quote]

Thanks for the input.
        I think I'll read it first them decide how and if I'll blend it in with other authors. I do have several Cunningham books in my collection. Not sure I have any by Buckland.
        Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

Working...
        X