What seems a war on pain killers,and the concern about O.D.'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What seems a war on pain killers,and the concern about O.D.'s

Gonna mention one thing,from my personal interactions with heavy drug users. I really think what drove them to drugs was religion,and their fear of that kept them coming back to drugs. a lot of religious fire and brimstone so hard at kids,they get afraid of everything...so drugs calms that fear down a little..Myself not being really religious only did drugs cause they were fun..and when they stopped being fun,I just quit. I saw even people that went through 6 months of rehab..go straight back after they finished the rehab.
    One guy even talked about shooting speed just before graduation from the program..he was dead less than 2 months later. While there was the saying "Speed kills",the real saying should be "Stupid kills"

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting B. De. and even of more interest it seems "China White" is back,or they just like the name.
    See here in NC.

This is what they are calling "China White"

"China White" is a new drug, which consists of heroin mixed with Fentanyl. Fentanyl is a strong prescription narcotic. Experts say "China White" can be 5 times more potent than heroin alone.

- - - Updated - - -

Not implying that religion drives a lot to drugs,BUT listening to them doing their "Kinda absolution's in groups" religion came up a LOT with recovering addicts for some reason.
    I only heard them from being near,not being in recovery,just in for depression. I also kind of became a "Confessor" for many because I did not go all "your a bad person" on them.
    What I usually told them was "NEVER forget how bad it was before getting straight" if you forget,you going to go back..that is a fact jack.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
      I don't know if you remember, but back in the 70s or 80s there was a heroin analogue called "China White" - there were some cases of complete paralysis that resulted (as well as overdoses).
      I remember China White, and also the big Paraquat marijuana scare.
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I have a vague memory of that Hawk..but most of the 70's is kinda foggy to be honest.
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
          I have a vague memory of that Hawk..but most of the 70's is kinda foggy to be honest.
          Paraquot was in the 80's. My ex was a smoker and I remember him talking about it. Meth used to be called "crank", & people still said if you tried it once, you were hooked forever.

More stuff was prescribed (or at least it seems so), there was just as much on the streets, yet it seems there are more problems with addictions today. Or maybe people just knew when Monday morning was coming and it was time to stop partying until the next weekend. I dunno!
          sigpic
          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
            but most of the 70's is kinda foggy to be honest.
            If you can remember the 60s or 70s, you weren't really there.
            śivāya vishnu rūpaya śivaḥ rūpaya vishnave
            śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Comment

Where I live you can't even buy more than two small packs of laxatives at a time...

No sh*t. (Sorry, couldn't resist that!)
              www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Working...
              X