Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas,Really? I ponder what Texus will do next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Texas,Really? I ponder what Texus will do next?

Sort of a moot point when it's only the crazy ones that want to secede.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

When my Texan family members come to visit, they always make jokes about how backward Kentucky is. I never get it, and this is why.

Comment

Have fun seceding with the two of the largest cavalry and artillery installations in your borders. I know the Amarillo Good ol' Boy Patriot Militia just got sponsered by the local bar and are ready to rise again.

Good luck Texas!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
        And Texas has potential nuclear capabilities and military installations comparable to any other world power. Plus, if the US wanted to bomb anything there's not a whole lot they can do to stop us. We could bomb a moon base if we wanted to. We could bomb ourselves if we wanted to.

Why would we want to? You seem to be assuming secession as something violent.
        Oh, are those Texas military installations? Pretty sure when I was stationed in Texas we worked on Federal installations, got paid by the Federal government and had a Commander and Chief from Hawaii.

Sorry, the military capabilities you speak of are not Texas military capabilities but United States military capabilities.

Comment

Well they have the State Guard which appears to be distinctly theirs and not as easy to federalize as national guard units are but if Texas wants to turn its State Guard into a defensive organization that can operate without the US military standing right behind it ready to eradicate anyone who looks cross-eyed at Texas than someone is gonna have to foot the bill for a rather large expansion and I see no reason for the US to do so.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

So. Texas is out! We agree. Let's start now. Someone go get some Mexicans and wall Texas up.
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

And you wonder why all those world people are pointing and laughing at us,they think our country is now a Monty python bit....
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                And you wonder why all those world people are pointing and laughing at us,they think our country is now a Monty python bit....
                Just like the whole world laughed at Scotland for democratically deciding to remain in the UK, or how the world will be laughing at the UK for democratically deciding whether they should remain in the EU?

HAHA, people actually thinking that they are the ones who define what their nation is or is not.
                Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Not always about Texas...think complete meltdown of our two political parties...if we start throwing blows at conventions we may have become a third world country.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                    Not always about Texas...think complete meltdown of our two political parties
                    More and more people are realizing the two party system is absurd, somehow managing to be both restricting and nebulous so we may be in the process of transitioning to a multi-party system like the rest of the world. Those silly Americans.
                    Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

it all breaks down to this...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                        Sort of a moot point when it's only the crazy ones that want to secede.
                        Only loonies would want to secede. The kind of issues people get pissy about are not worth:

A. A civil war - not like hundreds of thousands of human beings being held in chattel slavery vs. a massive economic system run by a small number of feudal lords that couldn't survive without chattel slavery

Or

B. The economic loss, the trade loss, the sactions, the frozen assets, the loss of support, the loss of a defensive military, and the general thousand foot deep sludge pile that would result if nobody wanted to bother with a civil war...

The loonies can hook their thumbs in their belts and thrust out their bellies all they want, everybody knows their just blowing smoke out their arse.
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Why is it that only comedians make any sense in an election year??

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I wonder how Texas would govern itself. I assume something like the US system, as in an elected president. How would Texas/American immigration work? Would people have dual citizenship, if so then who? Would existing Texas representatives, such as my personal hero Robert Morrow, retain their office?

It's really interesting to think about how all thia stuff would work, which probably means that it'd be steaming mess sorting it all out.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                              Are those resources the sole property of Texas or The United States of America?
                              Those resources are in Texas and if they decided to secede, WHICH WE WONT, they would be theirs, cause I'd like to see you get all of that out of Texas. Alright now I'm going to mosey on out of this thread because we all know I get super defensive over my state and there really is no need for that.
                              "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

See the video for the reality check in all this.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                                X