Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas,Really? I ponder what Texus will do next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Texas,Really? I ponder what Texus will do next?

Yes,yes.....rubbing hands together, excellent!!
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Isn't it a conservative ideology that "If you don't like it, you can Gert out of 'my' country!"
      "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
      And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
      They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
      The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
      - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Norse_Angel View Post
        Isn't it a conservative ideology that "If you don't like it, you can Gert out of 'my' country!"
        Googled that exact quote, and the first and only result is someone arguing for same sex marriage.

Also, if it is, then that's practicing what they preach.
        Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

I just really came to the thought that Mr. Burns looks a lot like a certain political figure..Oh MY!1

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by Norse_Angel View Post
            It's fanatical demagoguerous ideology, whether it's liberal or conservative. Though I generally have heard such idiocy from the Connie nutjobs, it is a banner the has lately been taken up and spat back to Conservatives by the more zealous progressive types. And, TBH, I can't blame them...one extremism breeds another. When you have systematically oppressed, harassed, suppressed, discriminated against, and take advantage of groups of people, eventually those groups learn to use your own tactics...since it's apparently the only thing they understand. Of course, then they get all whiney about because they can't handle that they ate actually being held to the same standards and rights, instead of being afforded special privileges.
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
              fanatical demagoguerous ideology
              Them thar's too many sillabulls. You mus' be one a them book lernt folks. Don't need that in 'Murica!! Guns n Bibles, yup. Freeeeeedumb!!!!!

(I have actually heard real people say these things.)
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Can you point out where the supreme court is given authority over the rights and freedoms of individuals?
                To help here is the third article that provides powers to the judicial branch:

Article III.

Sect. 1. The judicial Power of the United States shall be vested in one
                supreme Court, and in such inferior Courts as the Congress may from time
                to time ordain and establish. The Judges, both of the supreme and
                inferior Courts, shall hold their Offices during good Behavior, and shall,
                at stated Times, receive for their Services, a Compensation which shall not
                be diminished during their Continuance in Office.

Sect. 2.
                The judicial Power shall extend to all Cases, in Law and Equity, arising
                under this Constitution, the Laws of the United States, and
                Treaties made, or which shall be made, under their Authority;-to all Cases
                affecting Ambassadors, other public Ministers, and Consuls;-to all Cases
                of admiralty and maritime Jurisdiction;-to Controversies to which the
                United States shall be a Party;-to Controversies between two or more
                States, between a State and Citizens of another State;-between Citizens of
                different States, between Citizens of the same State claiming Lands under
                Grants of different States, and between a State or the Citizens thereof,
                and foreign States, Citizens, or Subjects.
                In all Cases affecting Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls,
                and those in which a State shall be Party, the supreme Court shall have
                original Jurisdiction. In all the other Cases before mentioned, the
                supreme Court shall have appellate Jurisdiction, both as to Law and Fact,
                with such Exceptions and under such Regulations as the Congress shall make.
                The Trial of all Crimes, except in Cases of Impeachment, shall be by Jury;
                and such Trial shall be held in the State where the said Crimes shall have
                been committed; but when not committed within any State, the Trial shall be
                at such Place or Places as the Congress may by Law have directed.

Sect. 3. Treason against the United States shall consist only in levying War
                against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort.
                No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two
                Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.
                The Congress shall have Power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no
                Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except
                during the Life of the Person attained.

You will notice that it is not given the power to decide the rights of people at all. The reason for this is that the rights of the people extend from deity and government has no power to affect them. That the Supreme court has overstepped its constitutional limits is clear but unconstitutional acts by the government is not law.
                The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

I do not see what your point is here,if something is NOT,that does not imply that it's absence creates something else.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                    I do not see what your point is here,if something is NOT,that does not imply that it's absence creates something else.

The Supreme Court is the ultimate judicial authority to decide what is and is not legal when a law is legislated and individuals or states take umbrage through the legal system (among other things). It says so in the very thing he posted.
                    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

It is this line that made me ask that question.

"You will notice that it is not given the power to decide the rights of people at all. The reason for this is that the rights of the people extend from deity and government has no power to affect them. That the Supreme court has overstepped its constitutional limits is clear but unconstitutional acts by the government is not law.

It seems he says the supreme court does not have power over a deity..and that confused me no end. Seems to imply this country does not have separation of church and state.

- - - Updated - - -

also the line "fanatical demagoguerous ideology" made my head rattle a little,but I liked it

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                        It is this line that made me ask that question.

"You will notice that it is not given the power to decide the rights of people at all. The reason for this is that the rights of the people extend from deity and government has no power to affect them. That the Supreme court has overstepped its constitutional limits is clear but unconstitutional acts by the government is not law.

It seems he says the supreme court does not have power over a deity..and that confused me no end. Seems to imply this country does not have separation of church and state.

- - - Updated - - -

also the line "fanatical demagoguerous ideology" made my head rattle a little,but I liked it
                        There's no such thing as "natural" rights--nothing, not nature, not God, not some other deity, has granted any "right" other than that of 1. Existence and 2. Death (probably as food). So basically, there's effectively no such thing as a natural "right".

What we have are rights we have determined as a society, via governments, struggle, consensus, disagreement, etc, are rights that are conferred upon ourselves by the virtue of being human and that are guaranteed though legislation and the enforcement of legislation and the appeal and repeal of legislation as times (and perceived "rights") change.
                        sigpic

Comment

Thalassa stated: There's no such thing as "natural" rights--nothing, not nature, not God, not some other deity, has granted any "right" other than that of 1. Existence and 2. Death (probably as food).
                          Really? Every animal and most plants on the planet have the means to defend themselves against their predators. Be it poison, chemical, tooth, claw, speed, flight or thought process. Even Oak trees have a chemical defense against the bugs that can attack and kill it. The oak tree, along with other trees can even communicate to other trees to begin to generate the chemical once the first is attacked. The right of self defense is inferred from nature. The right to property is also inferred from nature. Many animals including most primates and extending to the corals on reefs fight and kill over territory upon which to live. Animals exercise defense against animals that are to "personal" or investigate too closely to themselves which infers the freedom from search - you have undoubtedly seen dogs, bears and others become aggressive toward another sniffing too close. We exercise the same behavior over our persons and property - freedom from search and seizure.

Nature is the source of our rights because they exist throughout nature.
                          The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                          I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Being able to kill my predators with my poison tongue isn't a 'right'.
                            (I'm speaking if I were a toad).
                            Nature don't care.
                            Nature ain't got time for that.
                            Things get born and things last if they can get their shit together.
                            Nature ain't having some 'beings' council every Thursday in the senate.
                            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

That's not a right , that's an adaptation created by evolutionary processes.

Nature is distinctly amoral, which is why there is no such thing as a right in nature. Religions ascribe morality, but deities themselves are also amoral because they operate outside of human concepts of morality.

Individuals of other species might have ideas of right and wrong behaviors within their species, might have preferences for behavior, etc., but that isn't the same. What is "moral" drives "rights", no both morals and rights are purely human constructs.
                              Last edited by thalassa; 17 May 2016, 14:00.
                              sigpic

Comment

Nah,it is just Duces natural satanic power....forked tongue anyone?

- - - Updated - - -

It was just a simple story of some nut jobs down yonder in Texas,and it turns into a whole "Thing". Go argue with Mr. Trump,or Glenn Beck,or Rush Limbaugh or even that Cruz guy...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                                X