This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Measles outbreak linked to detention camp

What's really sad to me is so many simply say give them a vaccine shot. Yet the vaccine doesn't always work and they seldom tell you just who the subjects were that got the test vaccines. I still recall the Swine Flu one the military had to take regardless of if it killed us or not. That not counting the "Shots" we got that they never would tell us what they were but had to take anyway.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

When I hit boot camp,it was a major shock with the "Gun" for inoculating and I had a really bad thing about needles. The "guns" seemed much easier in my eyes(The needle phobia was bad enough to make me pass out) Even today I can not look if having blood taken or getting a shot.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

In boot camp they gave me a shot in my ass that left me unable to walk for two hours. And then the endless Anthrax boosters...

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
          When I hit boot camp,it was a major shock with the "Gun" for inoculating and I had a really bad thing about needles. The "guns" seemed much easier in my eyes(The needle phobia was bad enough to make me pass out) Even today I can not look if having blood taken or getting a shot.
          I recall more than a few guys having their arms open up with the gun. Some pretty bad ones with scarring, others just lots of blood running down the arm. Don't know how long it lasted but they eventually went back to needles only.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by ThePaganMafia View Post
          In boot camp they gave me a shot in my ass that left me unable to walk for two hours. And then the endless Anthrax boosters...
          The Peanut Butter shot in the left cheek if I recall correctly. Never had to take that one as I am allergic to Penicillian. Yet felt sorry for the guys the next morning as they jumped out of their racks to drop to the floor.

Comment

I forgot my shot card(was in the bottom of my duffle) when I was boarding a flight to Taiwan to pick up a ship. It was out of Seattle,and I had to get ALL the shots including the plague one before getting on that 25 hour flight,landing in Taipei,and then catching a ride with a Chinese driver in a truck at night through the mountains to get to keelung where my "Can" was home ported at. We did weekly Taiwan straights runs,going in very close to the mainland until they cranked up their radar,and we mapped the locations,we were a radar picket. I always thought about that thing with the Pueblo getting taken by the North Koreans. We did get to do target practice with our 3 inch gun on an uninhabited small island though. I was at a duty station in the medical area,and I made the mistake of not dogging down the hatch,and the blow back popped that door and knocked my on my ass,before I jumped up and dogged that puppy for all my worth.

Ahh the thrill of adventure....
            Last edited by anunitu; 02 Jun 2016, 13:26.
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

In elementary school (early 1960's) we were given polio vaccine on sugar cubes. Maybe it was really acid and I've been tripping all this time.
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                I forgot my shot card(was in the bottom of my duffle) when I was boarding a flight to Taiwan to pick up a ship. It was out of Seattle,and I had to get ALL the shots including the plague one before getting on that 25 hour flight,landing in Taipei,and then catching a ride with a Chinese driver in a truck at night through the mountains to get to keelung where my "Can" was home ported at. We did weekly Taiwan straights runs,going in very close to the mainland until they cranked up their radar,and we mapped the locations,we were a radar picket. I always thought about that thing with the Pueblo getting taken by the North Koreans. We did get to do target practice with our 3 inch gun on an uninhabited small island though. I was at a duty station in the medical area,and I made the mistake of not dogging down the hatch,and the blow back popped that door and knocked my on my ass,before I jumped up and dogged that puppy for all my worth.

Ahh the thrill of adventure....
                I was on a CGN (USS South Carolina) when they opened up with the 5 inch 54 and seawiz both of which were just outside our spaces. Even inside the hull you could feel the percussion from the 5 inch and the high buzz noise of the wiz going off. Didn't really have any guns on the LHA or LPD but seawiz sure rocked on them. Lots of chain guns on them though as we had 60's 50's and I want to say 3mm which sort of looked like an AA gun. Of course on the boats all we had was the deep and torps or sub launched cruse.

Pueblo was a bad situation for sure. Ranks right up there with the Liberty and maybe the Miaguez (sp). Being a Spook very familiar with Pueblo and Liberty.

Comment

Working...
                X