Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I confess, I just ate some sushi because I was starving and angry... Didn't eat all the rice so it's not terribly awful of a diet violation but it was the quickest option for food right now.
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Re: Confessions

I should be doing critiques, but instead I'm hanging out with you guys :-p
      She is like a cat in the dark and then she is the darkness. ~~(=^._.^)

I got my war paint on and I'm off to go passive-aggressive all over these socially awkward man-witches. :XD:

Comment

I'm all domestic right now. I never thought that would happen to me, but I've spent the past few days doing laundry, working on recipes, cleaning like a maniac, and overall making the house look like a home where we can be comfortable and and really LIVE.

THIS IS NEW, AM I MALFUNCTIONING?!
        No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

My church's Worship Pastor was asked to step out of ministry this week. I know I should feel a little bit sorry for him, but I am so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol. He has been way too busy for a long time now and has been a huge insensitive jerk to many people on our team. His wife is a really nasty lady and I'm so glad they're not our leaders anymore.

Also, I'm pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by October View Post
          I should be doing critiques, but instead I'm hanging out with you guys :-p
          We are way more fun. Who could blame you? You can critique the PF portfolio if you feel unproductive.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
          I'm all domestic right now. I never thought that would happen to me, but I've spent the past few days doing laundry, working on recipes, cleaning like a maniac, and overall making the house look like a home where we can be comfortable and and really LIVE.

THIS IS NEW, AM I MALFUNCTIONING?!
          lol ^.^ Did you recently move into a new house? Be proud! I didn't reach this stage until after my baby was born.

Comment

I'm at work right now.

Comment

I spent most of my gaming session earlier posting on message boards :\
              She is like a cat in the dark and then she is the darkness. ~~(=^._.^)

I got my war paint on and I'm off to go passive-aggressive all over these socially awkward man-witches. :XD:

Comment

Originally posted by Azvanna View Post
                My church's Worship Pastor was asked to step out of ministry this week. I know I should feel a little bit sorry for him, but I am so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol. He has been way too busy for a long time now and has been a huge insensitive jerk to many people on our team. His wife is a really nasty lady and I'm so glad they're not our leaders anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

We are way more fun. Who could blame you? You can critique the PF portfolio if you feel unproductive.

- - - Updated - - -

lol ^.^ Did you recently move into a new house? Be proud! I didn't reach this stage until after my baby was born.
                Hey! Don't just slip that in as an aside!

Congrats! How far along are you? Is it a boy? A girl? A cat?
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Azvanna View Post

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Congratulations Lovely!!!
                  "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Congrats Azvanna for the human seedling!!
                    baah.

Comment

Thank you!!! It's only very recent news, (only 5 weeks gone) but I'm so stoked as we were really hoping to get the timing right. We should be moved into our new house and still have access to government paid parental leave when baby no 2. comes around. I hope it's a Koala.

Comment

Whooohoooo! Congrats, Az!
                        "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I shouldn't be admitting this, but...

You know how friendship groups will do that thing where they decide who's which character from Friends, or Sex in the City, or Community or whatever sitcom/popular drama they're into? Well, erm... so.. I recently watched a Japanese drama from 10 years ago, that a friend recommended I watch, called 'Densha Otoko' (Train Man). It's about a nerdy guy who falls in love with a beautiful woman way out of his league. He uses an online forum, basically a rip-off of 4chan that they call Aladin's Channel or 'Achan', and the community there helps him to overcome his fears and weaknesses in an attempt to get the girl (which in turn helps them to overcome their own problems). It's very silly humour, but at times really moving, especially some of the scenes with the online community (not least because of the great directing).

Aaanyway, now whenever I read messages here, the music from that drama starts playing and I start seeing you guys as versions of the Achan posters. That's as far as I dare go though... I couldn't possibly tell you who's who.

(there isn't a good montage video of the characters, so those who are curious will have to settle for this carefully selected clip from a full episode; https://youtu.be/y-5aTWk3_SQ?t=49m53s
                          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

^lol. So there's an actual drama about a discussion board? I'm impressed.

I tend to just turn forum people into archetypes. Then I'm always surprised when my careful predictions about someone's behaviour don't match the reality.
                            baah.

Comment

About 3 weeks ago we went to the shelter and picked out the most beautiful, sweet, awesome black kitty. His name was Pudge. We did everything right, we brought Cthulhu to the shelter to meet him before adopting him we introduced the baby, we slowly introduced him into our home. But cthulhu kept getting worse to the point she would attack him on sight, she'd lose, but it didn't stop her. Se we took him back to the shelter. I'm so sad and I'm so sorry we had to take him back, he was the perfect kitty but Cthulhu was too stressed by his being here. I know taking him back was the right thing to do but I feel super guilty for doing it.
                              http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                              ~Jim Butcher

Comment

I've spent most of the last week playing a stupid game online instead of getting useful stuff done. I feel terrible.
                                Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Working...
                                X