Leave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leave

Hey everyone. I know I pulled a disappearing act, but there's been a good reason. Following up on Hide or Leave, my mom decided that it wasn't just enough for me to put anything physical out of the house. No, the fact that I worship other gods is offensive to hers, so I had the choice to give up what I believe, or find somewhere else to live.

I tried every logical angle I could think of to try and make her realize that the choice she was forcing me to make was extremely unethical, but when it came down to it, all that mattered to her was "I understand that, but it's my house". Which it is. But that didn't make hearing "if it comes down to a choice between you or God, I'll choose god", any more hurtful or surprising to hear. I never asked her to make that kind of a choice--I never would.

So, in the last few weeks, I took the first apartment I could find, and i'm working on moving into it (I couldn't get anyone to help me with furniture until this coming weekend). I'm exhausted, betrayed, and overall bitter.
    Last edited by habbalah; 06 Jun 2016, 14:04.
    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Re: Leave

I am so sorry it had to come to this Habbs,and all the more so that it came from your own blood..But new starts and all that...It kinda seemed to be heading there from your posts..I do hope she will be happy all alone with her spiritual companion. Ya always got us Kiddo,remember that.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
      I'm exhausted, betrayed, and overall bitter.
      And you are FREE. It'll all be worth it!
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Sorry it came to that. Hope you enjoy your freedom, and that the new living arrangements lead to healing that relationship over time.

Comment

I'm so sorry you have to go through that habbs. Hugs! And I hope your mom sees reason at some point, maybe some time apart will help that. But the most important thing is you! You're much, much stronger than most people. You're gonna pull through and make something good out of a sucky situation. And we're here for you too, you know.
          You remind me of the babe
          What babe?
          The babe with the power
          What power?
          The Power of voodoo
          Who do?
          You do!
          Do what?
          Remind me of the babe!

Comment

So very sorry Habbs.
            "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Sorry Habbs, but look at it this way. You're free to do as you please with no one to object or make you feel less of a person because of what you choose to believe.
              Last edited by Kiesha'ra; 06 Jun 2016, 19:30.

Comment

Habbs I am really sorry it's come to this, but some people won't stop pushing. And as others have rightly said, now you are free. Freedom cannot be counted, (unlike money for example) but it is something extremely precious for all that. Remember to be good to yourself. Do the odd thing to celebrate your freedom (like a ritual in your new apartment). Remember that feeling tired can increase the chances of feeling depressed.

What you must NOT do, though, is ever allow your mother to now play the 'pity me' card in order to get you back under her roof. And if she tries, why not quote her beloved Bible back at her (from Luke 9:62) “No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for the kingdom of God.'
                That should shut her up.
                Big hugs and good luck!
                www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

I only just noticed this thread. I'm so sorry your mum wasn't able to see sense. I hope this move marks the start of a fabulous new chapter in your life though. Power to you for sticking to your principles. I know you're hurting but I hope you can also be proud of your amazing strength. Hugs.
                  夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Thank you so much to everyone for your support. You're right, I am free now, but i'm not in the place to full appreciate that yet. As time goes on, I get closer.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Hang in there Habbs.
                      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Just realised this thread was here.

Hang in there. You'll overcome everything you need to overcome in order to have your freedom and the comfort you desire.

Also, this is none of my business, of course, and excuses in advance for my bold, perhaps unwanted comment on the situation, but for me a mother who choses God over their children is not a mother. A mother loves their children above all else.

Be strong, get your stuff together, and you'll be thankful you chose to leave.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Working...
                        X