Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to get Lavender?

Hello

I have a few Lavender recipes I'd like to try for Midsummer but I'm not sure exactly how to obtain edible lavender. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Re: Where to get Lavender?

These guys are my favorite herb supplier for herbs--I only use food-grade products when I buy herbs, whether it's for food or not.
    I should probably add that they are a wholesale supplier, so you may want to look for one of the many companies that gets their herbs from them. Personally, I can never have enough lavender (I can't grow enough for what I use), so 2-3 times a year I buy a pound of lavender (I have some people that I share with and we split the cost).
    Last edited by thalassa; 14 Jun 2016, 16:54.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

We grow our own Lavender. It is easy to grow and spreads so you almost always have more than you planned. If you use a pot, make it a big pot and surround it with a wall of stones with a space between the pot and the wall. That keeps the sun from baking the roots, especially if you water the stones when you water the Lavender. Honey bees love it! It brings the bees to the rest of our garden.
      The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
      I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

I'd also hit up farmer's markets if you live near a hispter locale.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I thought Lavender was only for the aroma,did not know you could ingest it..
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Deuce mentioned farmer's markets. If you have any whole food stores/natural food stores/etc, you might be able to find it there.
            Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
              I thought Lavender was only for the aroma,did not know you could ingest it..
              It was actually really popular in the Victorian era as a culinary herb. It tastes good with lemon.

Anyway, I'd also recommend farmer's markets. If you have any space to grow things, I'd also second the fact that it's easy to grow. I grow it in a pot and it still thrives (though, in that case, you have to repot it every few years).

Comment

Working...
              X