Habbalah Vlogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Habbalah Vlogs

Hey everyone, I've been discussing this for a while, but it's finally happening! The Youtube channel is up, and more videos will follow soon! Here is my intro, filmed on my laptop so it doesn't have the weird passing shadows issue that my tablet did:

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Re: Habbalah Vlogs

It sounds really promising. As I've said, I've been watching loads of pagan vlogs lately. I haven't come by anyone yet who specifically does pagan/spiritual book reviews so I'm very excited for those videos. I'm a slow reader so I prefer to know what I'm getting into before I start a new book. In fact, the last 4 pagan books I've ordered have been because of recommendations from PF now I think of it!

Also, paganism on a budget is a nice idea. The book I'm currently reading opens with a long description of the author's day, where she describes her large sheltered garden where she can do private ritual and describes the horse paddocks and woodlands that surround her home. Most authors I read seem to have the luxury of living where they choose, and that's great, but I can't help feeling like paganism is predominately for white middle-class people. No wonder they are so thankful for nature's bounty when they live such bountiful lives.

What about the rest of us though? What about those who seek a deeper connection to nature in more humble circumstances? It's not just ritual supplies though. I find that I have more than enough good ritual plants growing wild around here (and I'm lucky to have access to the medieval herb garden in the local park because I help to take care of it). Over the last 6 years I've let commercial brand cosmetics and cleaning products dominate my shelves, largely because they're just available more affordably in my area, but also because that's just what JP buys and my heart and focus were elsewhere. At the moment I'm going through the process of looking for affordable environment and animal friendly alternatives, because I really can't justify using products that cause excessive harm to the planet or animals. I think this is something other budget pagans may struggle with, so maybe you could experiment with low-cost natural alternatives and review them in your vlog?

Good luck with the channel! I hope it leads to great things for you. You deserve it!
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Well done! I shall be keeping my fingers crossed for you - I'm sure you'll do brilliantly!
      www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
        It sounds really promising. As I've said, I've been watching loads of pagan vlogs lately. I haven't come by anyone yet who specifically does pagan/spiritual book reviews so I'm very excited for those videos. I'm a slow reader so I prefer to know what I'm getting into before I start a new book. In fact, the last 4 pagan books I've ordered have been because of recommendations from PF now I think of it!

Also, paganism on a budget is a nice idea. The book I'm currently reading opens with a long description of the author's day, where she describes her large sheltered garden where she can do private ritual and describes the horse paddocks and woodlands that surround her home. Most authors I read seem to have the luxury of living where they choose, and that's great, but I can't help feeling like paganism is predominately for white middle-class people. No wonder they are so thankful for nature's bounty when they live such bountiful lives.

What about the rest of us though? What about those who seek a deeper connection to nature in more humble circumstances? It's not just ritual supplies though. I find that I have more than enough good ritual plants growing wild around here (and I'm lucky to have access to the medieval herb garden in the local park because I help to take care of it). Over the last 6 years I've let commercial brand cosmetics and cleaning products dominate my shelves, largely because they're just available more affordably in my area, but also because that's just what JP buys and my heart and focus were elsewhere. At the moment I'm going through the process of looking for affordable environment and animal friendly alternatives, because I really can't justify using products that cause excessive harm to the planet or animals. I think this is something other budget pagans may struggle with, so maybe you could experiment with low-cost natural alternatives and review them in your vlog?

Good luck with the channel! I hope it leads to great things for you. You deserve it!
        That's a really good idea. I'm trying to not buy anything with animal testing, but it's both hard to find an afford. I'll see what I can find for natural stuff that isn't so ungodly expensive that broke people like me could never buy.

Thank you!

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
        Well done! I shall be keeping my fingers crossed for you - I'm sure you'll do brilliantly!
        Thank you very much!

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I'm looking forward to more vlogs. Can you give me the link to your channel?
          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Hab, give us a link so we can follow you! =)
            ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

If you do decide to to do homemade cosmetics reviews, I'm currently loving some of the ideas from this lady on Bustle. Her recipes don't all use cheap or free ingredients but they are simple and at least use things you might have bought in for the kitchen anyway. Before you click though, I should warn you that it's advert central.

I'm planning on trying some of these face masks so I can tell you how it goes if you like. I have a real problem with giant pores and not really holding out too much hope, but those are some pretty big promises she's making there.

Originally posted by faye_cat View Post
              Hab, give us a link so we can follow you! =)
              I couldn't copy the address from my mobile but now that I'm at my desktop I hope I'm crossing any lines by giving you the link;

Habbalah Vlogs
              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                If you do decide to to do homemade cosmetics reviews, I'm currently loving some of the ideas from this lady on Bustle. Her recipes don't all use cheap or free ingredients but they are simple and at least use things you might have bought in for the kitchen anyway. Before you click though, I should warn you that it's advert central.

I'm planning on trying some of these face masks so I can tell you how it goes if you like. I have a real problem with giant pores and not really holding out too much hope, but those are some pretty big promises she's making there.

I couldn't copy the address from my mobile but now that I'm at my desktop I hope I'm crossing any lines by giving you the link;

Habbalah Vlogs
                Thanks Jembru!
                Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Sorry for the long delay. I love pagan haul videos, so I did one for my scores from a library book sale:

ETA: The link to my channel in general is here.
                  Last edited by habbalah; 30 Jul 2016, 14:28.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Left you a comment Habs. I look forward to seeing your reviews. I also love library sales. They have them every Tuesday down here and every other Saturday.
                    Anubisa

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                      Left you a comment Habs. I look forward to seeing your reviews. I also love library sales. They have them every Tuesday down here and every other Saturday.
                      I saw it! Thanks for commenting! There are usually big library sales like once a season around here.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
                        I saw it! Thanks for commenting! There are usually big library sales like once a season around here.
                        You're welcome. No problem.
                        Anubisa

Comment

New video is up! "What's a Habbalah?"

(Link to the channel itself here.)

I have ten subscribers now! I know that's not a lot, but I think it's awesome!

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Just thought I would let you know that I posted on your youtube channel Habs.
                            Anubisa

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                              Just thought I would let you know that I posted on your youtube channel Habs.
                              I saw your comment! Sorry I haven't responded yet, but thank you so much for watching!

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Working...
                              X