Violence and bigotry in Sacramento

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Violence and bigotry in Sacramento

Seven people were sent to the hospital with stab wounds as Black Bloc anarchists attacked and fought with white supremacist groups.

Members of “anti-fascist” groups like the ones who attacked protestors have also been been responsible for a number of attacks around the country, including attacks on Donald Trump supporters at recent rallies. Some of these attacks follow hyperbolic allegations by some on the left (and even some on the right, such as Glenn Beck) that Donald Trump is “Hitler.”

Anti-fa groups were also behind the attack on journalist Lauren Southern from the Canadian news site The Rebel
    Once again, you don't fight an ideology (such as White Nationalism in this case) with violence you do it with reason. The only thing this has done is prove them right, at least in their minds. The fact that this is all over the media, especially the social media, means that they've made martyrs out of them.

The only thing they accomplished was radicalizing their opposition.
    Last edited by Denarius; 26 Jun 2016, 18:11.
    Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Re: Violence and bigotry in Sacramento

Eh. Like Fascists were ever peaceful? If you live a fascist life, you die a fascist life.
    Anyways according to them violence isn't exactly bad.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

They aren't fascists though. Though one of the groups there were White Nationalists, which is a dumb and unamerican as far as I'm concerned. It seems like the first group I linked were Cultural Nationalists, with some family values thrown in.
      Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
        They aren't fascists though. Though one of the groups there were White Nationalists, which is a dumb and unamerican as far as I'm concerned. It seems like the first group I linked were Cultural Nationalists, with some family values thrown in.
        I've looked at both the Traditionalist Worker Party and the Golden state skinhead websites.

also from the Golden State Skinheads own gallery:

You know. THE eternal sign of peaceful non hating people. Natch.

Comment

I'm really only familiar with 4chan codewords. Like (((echoes))), dildo, fash, dindu, merchant... etc.

Besides, I pointed out that the second group were White Nationalists. That doesn't change the fact that they were there legally and peacefully.

Comment

Last edited by ThePaganMafia; 26 Jun 2016, 19:47.

Comment

Reminder: The actual Nazis used violence committed against them to solidify their power. I say it again, you do not fight ideology with violence.

Comment

I have a feeling it's going to get much worse as the actual election date draws near for voting. Not to imply it's not bad enough in general now.
                I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I guess the nazis don't like intolerance.

Seriously. Come on now. Stahp.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                    http://www.breitbart.com/california/...anti-fascists/

Once again, you don't fight an ideology (such as White Nationalism in this case) with violence you do it with reason.
                    Violence works fine...

You just need something on the level of a nation-state and a willingness to spill rivers of blood.

Of course, the US government frowns on private citizens spilling rivers of blood and getting tossed in a cell while fascists attempt to claim the moral high ground is extremely embarrassing so reason is the preferred answer.
                    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Violence often works. If you look at history, violence is an extremely effective method of achieving political change, even when the perpetrators of violence end up losing. We may not *like* it that way, but pragmatically speaking, it works.

Analysis: President Obama says violence doesn't spur progress, but history shows a more complex and troubling picture

Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

Violence can work. Reason can work. Debating the obvious is pointless.

The real question that should be asked is "What course of action will produce lasting positive change, while creating the fewest (and most manageable) negative effects, in THIS PARTICULAR case?"
                        Last edited by B. de Corbin; 27 Jun 2016, 04:51.
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                          Violence can work. Reason can work. Debating the obvious is pointless.

The real question that should be asked is "What course of action will produce lasting positive change, while creating the fewest (and most manageable) negative effects, in THIS PARTICULAR case?"
                          Well,

was a funny answer.

I have doubts about its long term efficiency but mockery + donations to an opposed cause = entertainment.
                          Last edited by MaskedOne; 27 Jun 2016, 05:07.
                          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                            Well,

was a funny answer.

I have doubts about its long term efficiency but mockery + donations to an opposed cause = entertainment.
                            Oh the beautiful and sensual irony of well placed devious humor!

I can get behind that .
                            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                              Oh the beautiful and sensual irony of well placed devious humor!

I can get behind that .
                              I'm a little curious if the neo-nazis went back for round 2 the next year but yeah this was fun. There are also some interesting ideas one could pull from responses to Westboro. I thought the zombie march someone pulled was a good way to steal attention.

Comment

Working...
                              X