Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTF? Has it come to this?

Breaking news:

At Least 5 Police Officers Killed By Snipers During Dallas Protest: Seven other officers and one civilian were also shot and injured.

From the article:

Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: WTF? Has it come to this?

I was very concerned something like this would happen,I am hoping cooler heads will prevail,but if history repeats itself,we may be in for a very HOT summer.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Now the news is suggesting the cops are saying it was a planned attack. Which directs light back upon the Black Lives Mater movement. Yet early reports are also suggesting the cop's were shot in the back which is really going to heat things up. The South may yet burn again this summer and we may see a lot more direct action on the part of cops and how they respond if they think it might be a trap or ambush set up.
      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Generally when you have a large, oppressive force that kills with impunity, yes it does come to this. History repeating itself and all. Years of non-violent action and still nothing changes? Someones going to pop off.

Comment

This was one of the hardest things to find out on social media last night. A series of thoughts passed through my mind and that was to check on every person I know in Dallas. My old job is in Uptown, I had friends at that protest, I know cops on the Dallas Police Force, and the fucking media is trying to say it was the protestors who shot the cops. Just once I'd like them to keep their mouths shut and get their facts straight before they start spreading lies and hate and making the divide bigger. Lots of INNOCENT people have died in the last 2 days, and it NEEDS to stop! Every police force needs to be cleaned up, and there are certain guns that do not belong in civilian hands! We are killing innocent people because we have let this fester. We ignore the racism, we push it down and pretend it doesn't exist until it explodes.

I'm angry, I'm furious that we have seen a steady stream of violence from the police force of innocent black men, and seen many of their deaths and we as a nation are doing little to stop it.I'm angry that someone used a peaceful protest in my HOMETOWN, in anyones HOMETOWN as a cover to kill 5 police officers and critically wounded 5 more. Two wrongs don't make a right. I am sad for all those families that have lost their loved one in the last 3 days.
          "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by ThePaganMafia View Post
            Generally when you have a large, oppressive force that kills with impunity, yes it does come to this. History repeating itself and all. Years of non-violent action and still nothing changes? Someones going to pop off.
            You have the revolution you've been longing for. Please enjoy it for the dead who won't.
            Last edited by B. de Corbin; 08 Jul 2016, 07:08.
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
              You have the revolution you've been longing for. Please enjoy it for the dead who won't.
              Hopefully not, maybe just maybe instead of going down in flames we, Dallas, the South, and everyone else will unite and take steps forward to stop this.
              "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

In July, 1966, there were race riots in the East New York section of Brooklyn NY, where we lived. I had just turned 9. Here we are, a half-century later, and the same things are going on. People are on tv singing "We Shall Overcome" and I'm back in time. JFK, MLK, and RFK (somehow, especially him) must be rolling in their graves.
                sigpic
                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                  It would seem that people are dying with or without revolution. Anyways, I clarified a lot of what I think about the situation by writing this morning. It's supposed to be part of a larger piece but I am busy and having to run around today. So put very, very shortly(and sorry for lack of sources on police history I am having to leave in 5 minutes):

When things happen I generally like to ask why. What is the cause of anti State violence? Why were police gunned down last night? It's helpful, generally, to put things in a historical context.
                  Historically police are a relatively new institution. They came about in the early to mid 19th century as a response to slave colonies and worker movements in the North. England followed the same path in response to worker uprsings inspired by the French Revolution. From the earliest origins of the police it was an institution set at odds against the working class.
                  And that role hasn't much changed. Police have a heavy presence in all working class neighborhoods. The drug war has been a war on working class. Most laws are kept to keep the working class in good order. In every social movement from the Labor movement to the Civil Rights movement the police are on the wrong side of history. So, we have our first ingredient: a State sponsored force set against the working class(while some may find this assesment offensive it is the common assessment against police origins and history).
                  Note that I am approaching this as a class issue and not strictly a racial issue. One of the failures of modern identity politics is that it ignores the same plights of white working class. So, while we acknowledge and stand with
                  ‪#‎BlackLivesMatter‬ against police brutality that disproportionately affects minorities we also recognize policing as a class issue. That being said, the White proletariat has never played as large a part as the minority in class struggle and has at many times been at odds against it.
                  Our second ingredient to anti-State violence would be a dissatisfied underclass. I think it is safe to say that exists in America today. Economic stagnation, police violence, rising living costs, rampant gentrification plague working class communities and black communities particularly. Despite years of protests it would seem little has changed. Black men are still shot needlessly. The working class is floundering.
                  So, are we shocked at anti-State violence by the working class? And for anyone who has studied the French Revolution why would we be? Looking at past revolutionary events is thre key to unlocking the whys of what is unfolding today. I am afraid, though, instead of introspection and discussion there will only be reactionism. Little may change.
                  These questions may not answer precisely why or the motivations of what happened last night but we do gain a better understanding of the forces at work when put against a historical background.

- - - Updated - - -

Welp I guess this is what happens when you copy and paste from Facebook. Sorry about the format. Don't mean to leave it like this but I gotta run.
                  Last edited by ThePaganMafia; 08 Jul 2016, 07:58.

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                    Hopefully not, maybe just maybe instead of going down in flames we, Dallas, the South, and everyone else will unite and take steps forward to stop this.
                    My understanding is that Dallas was already doing a great job of police/community relations. Those who were shot were, it seems, innocent of the crimes they were murdered for.

Comment

I think a sniper needs to come out and shoot all sorts of people. And then maybe they will shut up.

Like a United Beneton ad. And the sniper will be half muslim, christian mixed but also atheist. And be white and black but also an illegal immigrant and a liberal who voted last time as a Republican. And that it will be a hermaphrodite and also like the Bulls and the Lakers. Will be a vegan but sneaks organic meat in every Sunday. And someone who has never watched an episode of Game of Thrones but loves Steve Wilco.

The end.
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

From watching the news,it looks like the melting pot is still boiling,mainly because everyone keeps turning the heat back up..then down a little bit,then back up again...seems only a matter of time it boils over and gets all over,then gets cleaned up until the next time.
                        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

The whole seeing cops as murderers thing is bizarre to me. Then again, I've never been in a big city longer than a few hours and know most of our town's officers by name. The one time someone got killed by the police, which was before I was born, a lot of people called foul on it. It was never "the police," though, it was always "that guy."

We have drug raids, all the time, but they don't end badly. I think it might be because I don't know, and never even heard of, anyone who owns a pistol. Just rifles and the occasional shotgun. It could also be a race thing. I mean most people, including the cops, are native.

Just a couple days ago my grandpa was complaining about "the white cop."
                          Last edited by Denarius; 08 Jul 2016, 17:09.
                          Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Why is it that we have not learned from history? It seems that we are getting more stupid as the years go on.
                            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                              Why is it that we have not learned from history? It seems that we are getting more stupid as the years go on.
                              I'm almost certain we have always been this stupid.
                              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
                              X