X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

baah.

Comment

Re: What do you get from your path?

A different way to look at life. Also I feel a deeper connection with the gods than previously. I felt when I was a Catholic that I was going through the motions. I feel that I have a deep connection with the gods and especially my personal god and goddess.
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

For starters, freedom from the looming, vengeful Christian God, and the sinking weight of knowing I won't get into heaven for reasons I can't explain.
        Not gonna lie, that's the big one; the anxiety had nearly driven me to...extremes...

Practicing magic gives me a connection to something I intuitively believed in as a child, and I have recognized that trying to push it down was the cause of most of my general numbness and restlessness. Being a part of the pagan community in general fills the sense of fellowship that is pretty much the only thing I missed about leaving the Baptist church.

It's a hard question, I don't usually think of it in terms of what I "get" from it, so much as what I'd lose without it.

Comment

I get the satisfaction of a job well done. The same thing I get out of helping a stranger. The same thing that I get casting a fly on a stream, or doing my best in competition.
          It can't be measured, weighed or even well defined but it is a part of me and I of it.
          The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
          I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Hmmm... I guess I get a sense of order? Like not as in there's a grand purpose or design, but that things will be ok, or they won't, and that's ok too.

In the past when I've been practicing more, I feel connection I think.

meh, it's too early in my return to make this stuff make sense yet haha
            ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
            Seen the desert and the birds
            You cut your hair short
            Like a shush to an insult
            The world had been yelling
            Since the day you were born
            Revolting with anger
            While it smiled like it was cute
            That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment