X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you get from your path?

(What the title says...)
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Re: What do you get from your path?

From my path I get happiness through the power, confidence and all the other benefits. It gives me all I need when I need it. And almost all I want when I want it. It does not rely on faith but on work and self-confidence.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

That's a complex answer.

I discover calmness and patience when situations suggest stress or anxiety. I find my curiosity is often triggered about things which inspires me to seek information for self fulfillment vice being pushed or directed. I find my mind and awareness is constantly being challenged and forced to view from alternate perspectives vice blindly accepting things. It gives me a sense of support and confidence when I encounter situations that tax my body and spirit. It answers my questions regarding my place upon this planet and presumptions of what shall happen once I drop my earthly garb. It forms much of the ground work for the ethical and moral compass that guides me and directs my interaction with others. So many things and / or influences upon things that it is nearly impossible to give a picture of the totality of the influences upon me.
      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
        (What the title says...)
        Honestly? I get assurance it's ok to act the way I do.
        Yeah. That's it. I can be like this and just be like yeah, Satanist (points to self) and people just leave me be. It's frigging grand!

Glibness aside? It's taught me how to deal with life straight on and not be frightened. It's taught me how to rely on myself completely (I mean I literally have no one. If I sink, I sink alone). It could be frightening and sad. But I've found a way through Satanism to be content even in the presence of brtual nature. I'm brutal. But it hasn't taken away my happy.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

An oddball perspective that (eventually) finds its way through most conundrums. It also occasionally annoys the hell out of me but it works.

Also the ability to acknowledge (albeit sometimes grudgingly) utility/value/potential/other-random-trait in surprising places.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

A calm place from which I can look at everything and see as clearly as is possible for a human.
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

For myself,the feeling that I am a part of the whole of the universe. That I am not simply an animal in the jungle,but a connected part of the whole of existence.
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Pretty much what everyone else said: peace, calm, reassurance, sense of well-being, protection, a goal to strive for.
                śivāya vishnu rūpaya śivaḥ rūpaya vishnave
                śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Comment

Acceptance for the way things are instead of stressing over them, peace of mind, enjoying and appreciating the present and the little moments that make life special instead of worrying about the future, a sense of "connection" to the natural world and the universe, etc.
                  "Well I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer,
                  The future's uncertain and the end is always near"

Comment

I get a challenge, and a community. I get the opportunity to be who I truly am without feeling bad about it. I get to explore a world of wonder that most people aren't even aware of.
                    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

I get from my path a connection to the divine that works for me.

Comment

I really can't put my finger on it, but I feel stronger and more emotionally stable when my faith is strong. When I didn't believe in any deities, or when I didn't trust them, I was an emotional train wreck.

In a non theistic sense, my path gives me a sense of order and control. Even when times are hard, I can focus on the good things in my life and I can believe in my ability to ride the storm and come out the other side intact. My path prepares me for the darker times, and gives me an outlet to celebrate the better times. It's a cliche, but my path makes me thankful, and there's a lot of comfort in being grateful.

When I stopped practicing any form of spirituality, I became lethargic and apathetic about everything. I think when you let yourself get lazy and stop engaging in life, depression and poor health find a stronger foothold. I always need to stay vigilant when it comes to my mental health. My bad times can creep up out of nowhere. My path gives me a reason to add structure and routine to my day, to engage in certain social activities and to be self-aware. This seems to give me a bit of an edge that makes it harder for the darker mental states to get a solid grip on me.
                        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Guidance, knowledge, and the greatest sense of peace I've ever gotten.
                          Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

My path provides me the incredible gift to go through life completely blanketed in a feeling of hope, and a sense if wonder. When I consciously took thr first step on my path, a switch was flipped and suddenly the world was wide open.

Comment

Reading all of your comments, I find a lot of similarities between the benefits of this sort of path to you guys with the benefits that I've personally seen. I'd say that one of the largest upsides of my path is knowing that the Gods are willing to give me the guidance and strength necessary to get through all of lifes' ups and downs. The peace and serenity that comes from that is like nothing else! It's also nice in the way that it introduced more structure into my life, and made me less apt to get really passionate about something, only to forget about it in a few weeks. Daily observances are really something that has helped me immensely.

Comment

Working...
                              X