Pagan Forum: Web Filter Violation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pagan Forum: Web Filter Violation

I utilize a lot of free wifi as I travel a lot and have T-Mobile which has the worst 4G coverage since at least Lewis and Clark times.

PaganForum, oddly, gets blocked by many services filter while no other sites I use do. Paticularly, Taco Bell's free wifi hates PF.

Edit: I can't fix the thread title via edit?
    Last edited by MaskedOne; 07 Aug 2016, 11:53.

Re: Pagan Gorum: Web Filter Violation

Must we change it? I thought it was deliberate!

Do other pagan sites work? Could it not just be that to some people 'pagan' is a dirty word so it gets added to the filter?
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Re: Pagan Gorum: Web Filter Violation

Most free WiFi I use allows PaganForum but not another pagan forum, which will remain unnamed because I'm not sure if it's OK to name other pagan forums here...

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
      Could it not just be that to some people 'pagan' is a dirty word so it gets added to the filter?
      It's all those satanses.

Some ISPs block it stating that occult etc is adult material. Sometimes it's just considered 'adult'.
      I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
      Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
      But that day you know I left my money
      And I thought of you only
      All that copper glowing fine

Comment

Re: Pagan Forum: Web Filter Violation

Title fixed, thread moved to Site Info. Past that, there are a couple issues that we're looking into but without knowing what other people are filtering for, I can't say if any of them have any impact on what you're dealing with.

Briton, as a rule, admins don't care if you referemce other sites. If you start giving us daily updates on the internal affairs of another board, start trolling another board in the name of PF till their staff come whining to me, start trolling us for thw glory of other boards, otherwise indulge in unlicensed ***hattery, we'll care. Just bringing one up in conversation though is normally fine.
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Oh, I didn't mean to bring it up as a site issue. Just a funny observation that PF hits the filters every now and then.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePaganMafia View Post
            I utilize a lot of free wifi as I travel a lot and have T-Mobile which has the worst 4G coverage since at least Lewis and Clark times.

PaganForum, oddly, gets blocked by many services filter while no other sites I use do. Paticularly, Taco Bell's free wifi hates PF.

Edit: I can't fix the thread title via edit?
            Interesting. I've never had an issue accessing PF anywhere except a hospital that blocks all non Christian natured religious website. And I travel a lot. In fact, I just got back from a trip to PA where I accessed PF from many public WiFi spots, including several airport Hotspots. I can't speak for toxic hell WiFi because I don't eat their food (and don't go near them as a result).

Curious to know if anyone else is having this issue at taco bell.
            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
            Sneak Attack
            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

So far I've had it hit at Taco Bell and Pizza Hut wifi. I usually use Mcdonalds or Pilot truck stop for internet whem not in coverage areas and have never had problems there.

Comment

I think it really depends on the place the wifi is at. As fast food places are franchises the owner "May" do the filter based on their own beliefs. Kinda if its free,you must go by their restrictions(free is a subjective term)
                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

My old employer had most religious websites blocked on the wifi. I remember there was a huge controversy when an employee shared a screenshot stating something to the affect of "Web Site blocked due to content: Pro-life."
                  Last edited by callmeclemens; 07 Aug 2016, 17:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                    a hospital that blocks all non Christian natured religious website.
                    This sounds like a fun hospital for me!

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Working...
                    X