Man killed while playing 'Pokemon Go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man killed while playing 'Pokemon Go

I mainly posted this because it happened in San Francisco,at fisherman's Wharf.

In San Francisco there is ONE golden rule. NEVER Rob or mess with tourists in SF,because it is a MAIN money generator.

Because it happened at Fisherman's Wharf(heavy tourist spot) The police will begin to press the poorer neighborhoods until they turn the person over. It happened before when a tourist was just robbed. The Cops pressed the "Hood" for several weeks,and the "Perp" was given up.

its a SF thing..never mess with the people who spend a lot of money in the City.

Almost forgot the link.
    Last edited by anunitu; 07 Aug 2016, 20:47.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Re: Man killed while playing 'Pokemon Go

That's very sad. However, it shows that we are paying too much attention to our cellphones instead of our surroundings. Even when I go to my home town of Beckley, WV (I now live in Morgantown, WV), I'm not going to walk around with my cellphone out and not pay attention. You never know what's around the corner. Not to say that all cities are dangerous, but you got to be aware and keep your mind sharp when your in a new place. I would think if I was a tourist I would want to see a place and not play a stupid game like Pokemon Go. Blessings to his family though. Poor guy.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Not sure what any of that has to do with it. Dude was out taking a walk and got shot. Doubt Pokemon Go was that high of a contributing factor.

Comment

I hate seeing stories like this because the loading screen for the game is "Always pay attention to your surroundings" and with the new update (even though it's screwed a LOT of things up) they added in a revolving click button of stuff like "don't play and drive//don't trespass//don't go into dangerous areas//pay attention to life around you" because people were blaming the game for bad stuff happening to them instead of taking responsibility for how they play. Honestly, you don't even need to look at the thing to play it unless you're tracking something specific, and even then only a quick glance. Add in a headphone (big maybe on that, I don't bother) and turn on battery saver, flip your phone upside down and walk. It'll vibrate your phone when something pops up, and it's not like it will just immediately disappear half a second later. You have time to stop and move out of people's way or not be crossing a street.
        Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
        Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Yorin View Post
          It'll vibrate your phone when something pops up, and it's not like it will just immediately disappear half a second later. You have time to stop and move out of people's way or not be crossing a street.
          This requires intelligent use of technology. That is

A. Not nearly as common as it should be.
          B. Not newsworthy. Err, I'm lying, intelligent use of technology is newsworthy but it won't hold attention and is therefore not profitable to print.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I've downloaded this game and played the little mini tutorial at the beginning. I've been meaning to start walking around and really try it. It's too bad that all these bad irl things keep happening to people while playing; it seems like such a great way to get people out of the house and to get a little extra exercise. But this kind of stuff that keeps happening also sometimes just sounds like the bad stuff that can happen to anyone who leaves their house to venture out into the world; unfortunate, but not sure how this is the game's fault. With the massive amount of players the game has, this kind of thing is bound to happen eventually.

Comment

I'm not surprised. People don't pay enough attention as it is. Personally, I'm waiting for the first murder over Pokemon Go. Taking a gym or something.
              Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Last edited by Jembru; 14 Aug 2016, 15:41.
                夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

That's how the news works. "What's on people's minds right now? What's something shocking/scary/angering we can say about it?" Boom, story.
                  Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Working...
                  X