Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I started a petition, if anyone's interested.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started a petition, if anyone's interested.

I want to take back the skies from greedy corporations and the tyrannical government that unjustly usurped it from us! :shakefist:

Help me restore property rights to the Common Law standard of ad coelum.
    Last edited by Denarius; 27 Aug 2016, 01:07.
    Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Re: I started a petition, if anyone's interested.

I signed it Denarius. Hope I can help you.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

In the light of the FAA's recent decision on commercial drones, this is probably a good idea.

I don't necessarily need anything going into outer space and to the core, but a reasonable distance of a) not spying on me and b) not taking water, oil, etc out from under me even if from an adjacent property would be good.
      Last edited by thalassa; 30 Aug 2016, 03:18.
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

You have a right to the property you own but not the mineral or water rights that are shared. You have the right to the air space that you can use above your property. Beyond that the space is common - anyone can use it. What has the fifth amendment to do with property rights?
        The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
        I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Um, no. I own mineral rights on land on which I do not own surface rights. Water rights are not shared, or cities would not be able to sell it to you.
          I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and CountryTribe of my Tribe
          Clan of my Clan
          Kin of my Kin
          Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
          And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

The right to use water that flows across my land and the land of my two neighbors is limited. We can use up to a certain amount for irrigation but we cannot restrict the flow. The three of us cannot use the water completely because it is shared with people down stream too. In a town you pay for the infrastructure and maintenance of the delivery service as well as the purification process by what you use. You also pay for waste water based on your total usage.
            In some places you cannot store rain water because the town or county relies on it to replenish the ground water. (aquifer)
            The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.

Comment

Originally posted by DragonsFriend View Post
              What has the fifth amendment to do with property rights?
              The Takings Clause: "nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation."

The government has to pay us if it wants to appropriate private property for public use, SCOTUS fundamentally redefined what our property rights were so it could bypass eminent domain.
              Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

What's private property?

Comment

Any property, real or personal that I have bought, received in exchange for work, won in an honest game of chance, or been given as a gift is my private property.

Comment

It's not your private property if it was a dishonest game of chance?

Comment

My personal private property resides within my brain...Can't touch this!!!
                      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                        In the light of the FAA's recent decision on commercial drones, this is probably a good idea.

I don't necessarily need anything going into outer space and to the core, but a reasonable distance of a) not spying on me and b) not taking water, oil, etc out from under me even if from an adjacent property would be good.
                        Let me add to this that 1) I don't think I should get paid for airplanes going overhead, etc. 2) I don't own all the water flowing through a section of waterway that runs through my property, and 3) Property is not a pie slice that starts at the center of the earth and works its way out into space--that is an antiquated standard originating from a time when technology didn't allow for the use of too far up or down whose adjustment, once those things became the norm, was necessary to be redefined. Unfortunately, its not been well defined, and technology has advanced even more since then. (a bit about property rights)

A conversation and even legislation that better defines property rights needs to be had in light of things like the advent of wide-spread drone use, fracking, and increased damage to the environment from pollution, fragmentation, etc. If a business or individual generates pollution, they should be held responsible for how it impacts my property and the property of others. Someone in the media shouldn't be able to use a drone to spy on someone's property from the sky. An individual shouldn't be able to tunnel under someone's property to get to something under there or on the other side, etc, though (IMO) a subway should be able to get an easement (I was surprised that this is a thing).
                        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                        sigpic

Comment

Something came to mind. When I lived in California,a restored military jet,crashed into the mall. Now the airport originally was located a long way from the town. this was in Concord in conta costa county.
                          See this map.

The Town grew over the years,and built around the Airport. The Jet exploded because of its jet fuel. It was Christmas eve,BTW when the jet crashed. Several people,and children died. The jet hit right where the "Santa" for children was set up.

The point is,if the town had not built right up to the airport,it would have crashed in a field.

Here is a picture of the aftermath.
                          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post

The Town grew over the years,and built around the Airport. The Jet exploded because of its jet fuel. It was Christmas eve,BTW when the jet crashed. Several people,and children died. The jet hit right where the "Santa" for children was set up.

The point is,if the town had not built right up to the airport,it would have crashed in a field.
                            Oceana and Virginia Beach are the same way--every few years someone is killed when a jet crashes.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X