Mass Desicration of Burial Sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mass Desicration of Burial Sites

I understand that dead people are in the ground everywhere, but I really don't like the idea of desecrating a known burial ground. It's disrespectful to the dead, and just asking for the project to be haunted as hell.
    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
      I understand that dead people are in the ground everywhere, but I really don't like the idea of desecrating a known burial ground. It's disrespectful to the dead, and just asking for the project to be haunted as hell.
      Lol. Ok someone has been watching Poltergeist!

But I have to say then the earth is spooky. When you go to the bathroom and you pee. The ground at one point probably had more than one dead body on it.
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

This was in the long standing tradition of dishonoring promises because someone wants to make a buck. It was intentionally nasty.

I agree that there are bodies everywhere, and I'm not especially sensitive to burial procedures, etc. I personally kind of hope to end up as buzzard poop. But, I think that there is an element of not caring about these bodies specifically because of who they were when they were alive. Not okay. And I think that most people would not want to see the bodies of their families intentionally disrespected.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
          But I have to say then the earth is spooky. When you go to the bathroom and you pee. The ground at one point probably had more than one dead body on it.
          Still, this is akin to deciding to run a pipeline through an old cemetery. You're still destroying a spot that you know is a resting place, instead of planning around it.
          Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

It's not my culturally relevant site to decide what should or should not be sacred. These are an extant people that have clearly and repeatedly been screwed over by the government and by industry--the cultural aspect should have been extensively addressed before the project was even started. ---when these is done properly and sensitively, there are often compromises that can be made that satisfy no one, but still allow the project to occur, albeit differently...though, receptiveness often depends on the nature of the project and, let's face it, pipelines for oil are going to likely be obsolete before the end of their lifetime and unlikely to get much sympathy.

But aside from that, we are talking about the longest tributary of one of the world's longest rivers and most expansive watersheds... When (when, not if) there is a pipeline leak here, we are talking about trying to contain an oil spill that has potential health and environmental impacts (the bad kind) over a huge area.

And the environmental impact statements done on this were terrible.
            Last edited by thalassa; 06 Sep 2016, 13:15.
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

Just to throw in where I'm coming from and our 'reverence' for the dead.
              Here in LA, you can go to movie night...at the Hollywood cemetery.

Yup.
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Reminds me of a summer school I had to do,the HS in Oakland where I had to redo a class,the room you could see right across the street a cemetery. Made the class kinda of a distracting factor....
                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

An arrest warrant has been issued against Green Party Presidential candidate Jill Stein for vandalism at the protests. But attacking people with dogs is okay.

An arrest warrant has been issued for the Green party candidate, who is accused of vandalism for spray-painting bulldozer during protest against a pipeline

Comment

That warrant is outright BS,and is the local police playing lap dog to the powers that be in the big money crowd. I approved this statement.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Journalist Amy Goodman has been issued an arrest warrant after covering the protest. http://m.democracynow.org/web_exclusives/2990Still no warrants for the individuals who attacked protesters with mace and dogs.

Comment

We may be headed out there to help with the protests. It's been getting ugly. I already know several friends of mine who have been involved, two have been arrested.
                        "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
                        And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
                        They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
                        The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
                        - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Comment

Apparently the North Dakota governor is asking the white house to pay for all of the barricades, patrols and helicopters that were sent into the area. Seems like his response to all this will really show his true colors, though I get a feeling that he might wait until after the election is over to say something, which it might be too late by then.

Comment

It seems Bernie Sanders is getting on board with this.
                            Cause Bernie.

go go mighty morphing Power Sanders..!!!!

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                            X