Baby on the way...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baby on the way...

My fiance and I are expecting in just over a week and I was wondering what kind of athiest-friendly things I could do to bless our new addition. I am a practicing wiccan and my fiance is an atheist but he's very understanding towards my spiritual beliefs. I'd like to be able to do something for our son without making the gods the main focus because I'd like my future hubs to actually be involved. Any tips?
    (user formerly known as beckly_freckly)

You are a little soul carrying around a corpse.

Re: Baby on the way...

Congratulations on your pregnancy! Maybe a ritual cleansing of the room the baby's going to sleep in? That doesn't have to have a higher power involved.

I make charm bags that are filled with herbs, plants, etc that are dependent on the properties of the contents to work. I will usually include an entity while making it, but there's no reason you would have to. (In fact, I need to make a pregnancy protection charm for a friend that recently found out that she has a new resident in her womb.)
    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

A naming ceremony, kind of like a wiccaning only with more emphasis on letting the universe know the name of your child and what it means.
      The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
      I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Originally posted by DragonsFriend View Post
        A naming ceremony, kind of like a wiccaning only with more emphasis on letting the universe know the name of your child and what it means.
        This is a really good idea. A friend of mine had a Naming Ceremony instead of a christening and it was very meaningful. I felt really honoured to be there by the end of it. They hired a celebrant to facilitate and who had some encouraging words to offer to the parents. The parents explained why their daughter was so special to them (she is a rainbow baby) and why each of the guests were important to their family. There was a book where guests were to write a special message to the baby so the parents could read the pages to her as she grew. I liked that idea so much, I adopted it for my son's first birthday. I asked every guest to take a photo with EJ, choose a piece of coloured card and then to write their wishes or prayer for him for his life on it. I glued on the photos and some scrapbook decorations and then put them all in an album.

Comment

First of all, congratulations.

Second of all, as an atheist myself, I think that your fiance will simply appreciate it that you don't require him to be present for whatever rituals you're going to do involving your lil baby. If he WANTS to be there, cool, but if not he deserves a free pass without anyone blaming him for not being involved enough.
          No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Working...
          X