Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good news, I suppose...

Maybe this is good news, I dunno...

For the first time ever, we atheists are no longer the most despised "religious" group in America.

The most hated group is now (surprise revelation ahead) Muslims.

Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: Good news, I suppose...

I guess we need to start putting some work in to reclaim our spot.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePaganMafia View Post
      I guess we need to start putting some work in to reclaim our spot.
      I'ma get right on that!
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Makes sense, Muslims are almost Atheists anyways. Muslims, just like Atheists, believe there is no god

except Allah.
        Do they not, then, ponder about the Qur‘an? Had it been from someone other than Allah, they would have found in it much discrepancy. [4:82]

Comment

Yeh,yeh D,I Saw that little bottom note. Is Allah the same as Jehovah(sp) is a name for the Hebrews? Lot of god names out there....Kali,and Shiva,and what ever the name is for whatever the Scientology people might use for a god name.

- - - Updated - - -

Found this for an answer.

From Columbia U.

It seems the answer for some is yes,for others NO...so............
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Allah is the Arabic word for God. Arab speaking Christians and Jews use it. For example, Christians say Jesus the son of Allah, in Arabic. If you open an Arabic Old Testament, the very first verse reads, In the beginning Allah created the heavens and the earth.

I'm no science man nor historian, but as far as I know I don't think Jesus spoke English, he probably used a word very similar to Allah when speaking about God in his native tongue, as far as I know he referred to God as Eloh.
            Do they not, then, ponder about the Qur‘an? Had it been from someone other than Allah, they would have found in it much discrepancy. [4:82]

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
              I'm no science man nor historian, but as far as I know I don't think Jesus spoke English, he probably used a word very similar to Allah when speaking about God in his native tongue, as far as I know he referred to God as Eloh.
              I thought this was interesting so I looked up the Aramaic word for "God." It's close to Eloh, but more like Alaha, or Al-Ilah. I'm not a philologist, but those pretty close to Allah to me. In Hebrew, it becomes Elohin.

My Christian daughter has a Allah tatoo (the word "Allah," that is).
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
              X