Unusual Divination Tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unusual Divination Tools

I was listening to a story on the radio about a group that didn't have an ouija board, so they used Scrabble, a crystal glass, and papers that had "yes" and "no" written on them. That made me think about Thal saying some time ago that she's used an Alphabet Dice game for divination, and it made me wonder:

What unusual things have you used for divination? I know there are hundreds of different types, and you can use almost anything, so I'm especially curious about a method that isn't traditionally used at all. I can't remember if it was here or somewhere else that someone talked about using a box of gummy candies for it, based on the color of the ones they drew, so that's a good example.
    Last edited by MaskedOne; 25 Oct 2016, 14:43.
    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Re: Usual Divination Tools

When I first began it was tarot, then I found that a candle flame would open my mind, then is was my breath, and finally I learned to just listen.
    The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
    I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

I use dice sometimes.

Comment

I don't remember my exact method, but I have a vague childhood memory of using feathers...somehow..
        I would take the feathers and...
        Feathers were involved.

Anymore, my method is just a vague "paying attention". I remember a snake making a point to interrupt my friend and I talking about something, and we deduced that snake=change. The next day, the first thing I saw on a walk was the same snake, but dead. Dead snake=no change after all. There's also the occasional odd intuition or unusually vivid dream.

Basically whatever thought, feeling, or anything that happens that seems to have "weight" behind it, I take as significant.

Comment

Dammit, the title should be UNusual Divination Tools. Mod, please fix.

Ula, how do you use dice?

Chessa, what do you mean it interrupted you? An actual snake? Did it just crawl between you?
          Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
            Dammit, the title should be UNusual Divination Tools. Mod, please fix.
            Request granted...
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

It was a live snake. It crawled between us (which took some time, because it was very long and in no hurry), and at some point actually stopped and looked back like it was going to turn around.

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
                Ula, how do you use dice?
                I just use three dice and ask yes or no questions or one or the other questions. I use 1-3 for yes and 4-6 for no. Tell the dice that and roll them.

Comment

Working...
                X