This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: They are willing to destroy this country

Real peace doesn't happen because the might of arms irrevocably crushes the other until it unconditionally surrenders. All that sort of victory does is cause the remaining losers and sympathizers to scatter from the final battle and hide under rocks and in dark corners to grow again.

The bitch in heat, indeed.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Trump didn't even care about the fiasco that happen in Charlottesville, Virginia.

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
        Real peace doesn't happen because the might of arms irrevocably crushes the other until it unconditionally surrenders. All that sort of victory does is cause the remaining losers and sympathizers to scatter from the final battle and hide under rocks and in dark corners to grow again.

The bitch in heat, indeed.

I might add...

...I also like the odds on the effectiveness of nonviolence vs. violent protest. https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...which-way-wins
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

I might add...

...I also like the odds on the effectiveness of nonviolence vs. violent protest. https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...which-way-wins
          Yeah but if the violent keep killing off the non violent with their cars.....

I'm gonna vote some medieval violence just to put people in check. Then the non violent (who are alive) can condemn all us war mongers while we lick our wounds.
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

If the country does not die from stupidity,by some quirk of fate,we may yet all chill out and enjoy the ride into a bright future.(Not holding my breath however)
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I might add...

This kindda makes me feel better. But it only works when you have citizen-soldiers, not mercs...

...when a tyrannical government acts to suppress a nonviolent movement, it is more likely to backfire. Government security forces don’t want to fire on unarmed civilians, especially when the crowd might include their mothers, daughters, friends, and neighbors...
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                Yeah but if the violent keep killing off the non violent with their cars.....
                Could have been a lot worse.
                sigpic

Comment

Could have been a lot worse.
                  I could think of one. Weapon of mass destruction.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
                    I could think of one. Weapon of mass destruction.

Well that's one way to get militant groups hunted down with extreme prejudice but I'd rather be somewhere else if it happens. Australia maybe.
                    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                      Well that's one way to get militant groups hunted down with extreme prejudice but I'd rather be somewhere else if it happens. Australia maybe.
                      I know this is definitely a very long shot. But I'm thinking of moving to planet Mars.

Comment

Well....today's press conference was nothing if not interesting. Remember when people would fire multi-part questions at Obama? He'd pause, collect his thoughts, and then speak. Those days are gone. Now it's straight into verbal diarrhea.
                        sigpic
                        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                          Well....today's press conference was nothing if not interesting. Remember when people would fire multi-part questions at Obama? He'd pause, collect his thoughts, and then speak. Those days are gone. Now it's straight into verbal diarrhea.
                          tRump is loosing his mind on TV as we all watch. I hope one of those generals of his is still packing a pistol - when President Puke starts foaming at the mouth, it'll be time to put him out of our misery.

- - - Updated - - -

Huh.

I just checked the Southern Poverty Law Center hate map, and discovered that Alpena has a KKK group.

Soon, I imagine, a cross may burn on my lawn.
                          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                            tRump is loosing his mind on TV as we all watch. I hope one of those generals of his is still packing a pistol - when President Puke starts foaming at the mouth, it'll be time to put him out of our misery.

- - - Updated - - -

Huh.

I just checked the Southern Poverty Law Center hate map, and discovered that Alpena has a KKK group.

Soon, I imagine, a cross may burn on my lawn.
                            Well I'm not surprised. His mental state is deteriorating as it already is.

Comment

I don't think his mental state was ever up to much. All he had was a brain and a rectum and the two were interchangeable. Eventually - having swapped them round once too often - they became confused...
                              www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

It begins to seem(at least to me),that he is not doing these things out of stupidity,but rather in a way to undermine the ability of our government to function. He puts incompetent people in the cabinet,works at undermining our image and standing with our Allies. Just my feeling that he is making our country weaker not by stupidity,but with clear intent to cause us to lose our position in world politics. It is only my take on things,so sorry if I am wrong in advance.
                                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                                X