Page 114 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114
Results 1,131 to 1,138 of 1138

Thread: They are willing to destroy this country

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

Re: They are willing to destroy this country

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
    Some people don't know how to rank amongst friends and be quiet at work. Sorry, you had to endure that.
    I agree that pharmacist should be fired or at least a warning not to discussed politics at work again.

The Gaze of the Abyss B. de Corbin's Avatar
    Feb 2007
    Religion
    Alchemist and Neo-American Redneck Buddhist
    Frozen Northern Michigan, near Thunder Bay
    Phrase
    Where are the tweezers?

Quote Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
    The pharmacist spat politics at me yesterday. I really did not need that little lecture just because I was picking up medication.
    Yeah... Think ya what ya wanna think, but don't go feelin' like ya gotta smear it on my arse while yer workin'.
    Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand.

I can't do everything, but I can do something.

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

I saw a Trump Supporter outside near the subway station yesterday while I was going to the Bible Crusade. He was holding a giant flag saying Trump for 2020. I just completely ignore him and continue my business elsewhere.

Dec 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan/Stregheria

This could fit in several different sections/threads. Andy Schlafly, son of the late Phyllis, wants to re-do the Bible because it's "too liberal". This has so many social, political, and religious ramifications it's beyond scary. Hopefully, it just fades into the sunset and never takes root. The article is from 2009 but it's being brought up again in Trumpian circles. https://www.nydailynews.com/life-sty...FqutyIEtVIaPdQ
    Last edited by Hawkfeathers; 28 Apr 2019 at 18:01.

Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

The Gaze of the Abyss B. de Corbin's Avatar
    Feb 2007
    Religion
    Alchemist and Neo-American Redneck Buddhist
    Frozen Northern Michigan, near Thunder Bay
    Phrase
    Where are the tweezers?

This could fit in several different sections/threads. Andy Schlafly, son of the late Phyllis, wants to re-do the Bible because it's "too liberal". This has so many social, political, and religious ramifications it's beyond scary. Hopefully, it just fades into the sunset and never takes root. The article is from 2009 but it's being brought up again in Trumpian circles. https://www.nydailynews.com/life-sty...FqutyIEtVIaPdQ
    LMAO! All that taking care of the poor crap. Jesus was a hippie - just look at all that hair. The Romans were the REAL heroes of the Bible...

They knew how to treat liberal hippie trash.

- - - Updated - - -

LMAO! All that taking care of the poor crap. Jesus was a hippie - just look at all that hair. The Romans were the REAL heroes of the Bible...

They knew how to treat liberal hippie trash.
    Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand.

I can't do everything, but I can do something.

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Jedi
    Phrase
    The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force.

Ahh, the sweet scent of heresy in the morning
    "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
    ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Jun 2019
    Religion
    Hellenic Paganism
    Phrase
    Know Thyself

This country is damned and doomed in more ways than just one.

For the record I despise both political parties along with the entire United States government and establishment.

There is no salvaging this nation, it is beyond salvation, hope, or redemption.
    Last edited by Pythagoras; 04 Jun 2019 at 21:05.
    "When Zeus was setting all things in order there fell from him drops of sacred blood, and from them, as they say, arose the race of men."- Flavius Claudius Iulianus Augustus

Jun 2013
    Religion
    Northern Tradition Neo-Paganism
    Phrase
    I drink, and I know things

Hahahahahahahahaha "HOW DARE THE EDUCATED EXPERTS HAVE A SAY!"

But seriously, Aus re-elected a conservative government (yes it's called the Liberals, be confused), and I cried in the shower doe half an hour.

Oh and we're exclusively on rain water. And in official drought. But.
    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
    Seen the desert and the birds
    You cut your hair short
    Like a shush to an insult
    The world had been yelling
    Since the day you were born
    Revolting with anger
    While it smiled like it was cute
    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder