• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: They are willing to destroy this country

It was not all that cut and dried..

From History channel.

Quote:
    "On this day in 1950, President Harry S. Truman announces during a press conference that he is prepared to authorize the use of atomic weapons in order to achieve peace in Korea. At the time of Truman’s announcement, communist China had joined North Korean forces in their attacks on United Nations troops, including U.S. soldiers, who were trying to prevent communist expansion into South Korea."

"Truman blamed the Soviet Union for using communist Chinese insurgents as part of a devious plan to spread communism into Asia and pledged to “increase our defenses to a point where we can talk—as we should always talk—with authority.” The press then asked what Truman planned to do if the Chinese Nationalists, who were already struggling against the spread of communism in their own country, failed to get involved in the Korean conflict. Truman responded that the U.S. would take “whatever steps were necessary” to contain communist expansion in Korea. A reporter asked “Will that include the atomic bomb?” to which Truman replied, “That includes every weapon that we have.”
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Oh I agree it's not as simple as I showed. Didn't want to go into all the specifics figure you had to factor in the rising influence of McCarthyism, the situation in Taiwan, Communism as a whole. Even the idea of how to actually fight the war and the argument regarding strategy between the military leadership and the civilian leadership and perhaps influence of the United Nations. A whole lot of mitigating factors here.
      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

War is hell,and it is political hell as well..

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Yep, General Patton, maybe General Bradley, I think is one of the ones who said a soldier would never get to be a simple solider anymore he'd have to be a politician as well. Now wars are fought more in the political arena with blood split on the battlefield than on the battlefield to win the war.
          I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
            I think it was the nukes but also the political establishment calling all the shots regarding how the war was to be fought and where. MacArthur wanted bridges and such blown to slow the advance and Truman prevented it for instance. Basically the fore runner of what we'd see in Vietnam with the Government selecting targets and such not the commanders in the field or how to fight the war.
            MacArthur made a series of arrogant mistakes and thought he could attack China without retaliation and lay down 30-50 nukes into a radioactive border zone. Truman (rightly) said hells no.
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

The only good thing that came out of the Korean War was M.A.S.H.

Comment

This is to me an odd turn.

The headline,and the story.

The Daily 202: Eight ways Trump got rolled in his first budget negotiation

The story.
                Quote:
                "-- But Democrats are surprised by just how many concessions they extracted in the trillion-dollar deal, considering that Republicans have unified control of government."

Also they killed a LOT of riders:

7. Democrats say they forced Republicans to withdraw more than 160 riders. These unrelated policy measures, which each could have been a poison pill, would have done things like get rid of the fiduciary rule and water down environmental regulations. On the other side of the ledger, this budget blocks the Justice Department from restricting the dispensing of medical marijuana in states where it has been legalized.

This is weird,almost as though the Dems had "Something" on the Repubs that made them concede so much.(A shutdown never bothered the repubs this much before)

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                  This is weird,almost as though the Dems had "Something" on the Repubs that made them concede so much.(A shutdown never bothered the repubs this much before)
                  It's almost like politicians are corrupt and don't actually care about policy, and our government is mostly run through backroom deals.
                  Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Indeed,Den,as they used to say,"Something is rotten in Denmark"

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                      It's almost like politicians are corrupt and don't actually care about policy, and our government is mostly run through backroom deals.
                      Its almost like its human nature and has been like this from the dawn of time. Primary documents are quite revealing through a myriad of times and places.
                      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

To me, it's actually more like a whole bunch of Republicans didn't want to waste money on a border wall, cut funding to planned parenthood, defunding of EPA, etc.

Now, maybe that was wholly done in self-interest, with those Republicans thinking about how badly thay'll do in the next election if they screw their constituents, but that isn't bad. It is why HAVE elections...

It's nice to know that the American system works, even in the time of tRump.
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

And now,once again,they are taking a run at "Repeal,replace" and also trying to say they kinda won in the "Budget bill" and Spicer went all in on the wall thing

Sometimes I feel like a nut,sometimes I don't

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I detect no lies :=I:

Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Hopefully this nonsense won't make it past the Senate.

Comment

Originally posted by callmeclemens View Post
                                Hopefully this nonsense won't make it past the Senate.
                                Senate has already made it crystal clear that they consider that bill a solid crock of horse turds.
                                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X