Clear All

Re: They are willing to destroy this country

hand held scatter gun huh?

- - - Updated - - -

rootin,shootin cowboy teacher

- - - Updated - - -

rootin,shootin cowboy teacher
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

It is getting pretty strange out there,seems like a purge going on.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
        Teacher accidentally fires gun and injures student during safety lesson

story here

This open carry is a hard one.
        What the ever-loving F***?!?!

Thou shalt not point loaded weapons in an unsafe direction

All weapons are loaded unless you have personally cleared them

If the weapon has left your direct control then it is loaded until cleared again.

If you are in a f***ing building that is not a dedicated indoor range then all directions are unsafe

These rules are suspended if and only if there is cause to believe that a lethal threat may be nearby and that you may need to use your weapon against another living being.

Anyone who considers the above commandments too complicated has no business carrying a weapon. Anyone in law enforcement who considers the above commandments too complicated should be compelled to seek new employment. Anyone, law enforcement, military or civilian who thinks that they are sufficiently skilled and knowledgeable to ignore any of the above rules falls into one of two categories

A. A special effects coordinator who has put exorbitant amounts of time and energy into preparing every last inch of the terrain and who is not providing live ammo and is therefore allowed to use interesting definitions of safe direction
        B. A f***ing moron who needs to be beaten upside the head repeatedly with a heavy object. I advise a sledgehammer.

The man should be facing a review panel (several actually) just for drawing the damn weapon in a school without immediately clearing it. The fact that the f***ing moron actually managed to accidentally fire it just adds extra evidence of stupidity.

I'm going to stop now before I forget to censor something.
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
          What the ever-loving F***?!?!

Thou shalt not point loaded weapons in an unsafe direction

All weapons are loaded unless you have personally cleared them

If the weapon has left your direct control then it is loaded until cleared again.

If you are in a f***ing building that is not a dedicated indoor range then all directions are unsafe

These rules are suspended if and only if there is cause to believe that a lethal threat may be nearby and that you may need to use your weapon against another living being.

Anyone who considers the above commandments too complicated has no business carrying a weapon. Anyone in law enforcement who considers the above commandments too complicated should be compelled to seek new employment. Anyone, law enforcement, military or civilian who thinks that they are sufficiently skilled and knowledgeable to ignore any of the above rules falls into one of two categories

A. A special effects coordinator who has put exorbitant amounts of time and energy into preparing every last inch of the terrain and who is not providing live ammo and is therefore allowed to use interesting definitions of safe direction
          B. A f***ing moron who needs to be beaten upside the head repeatedly with a heavy object. I advise a sledgehammer.

The man should be facing a review panel (several actually) just for drawing the damn weapon in a school without immediately clearing it. The fact that the f***ing moron actually managed to accidentally fire it just adds extra evidence of stupidity.

I'm going to stop now before I forget to censor something.
          My kids & grandkids think I go over board at times because I started them on those rules with toy guns to get them in that mindset. Consider it loaded and dangerous at all times unless you personally unloaded it and cleared the chamber and have it broken down.
          Last edited by monsno_leedra; 17 Mar 2018, 19:21.
          I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

^^^ People who were raised with guns know the right things to do (and not do) like I, having been a kid in Brooklyn, was taught about traffic. To this very day, when about to cross a street on foot, I stop and look in both directions. Even on trails in the woods LOL because it's so deeply ingrained.

And then you have morons who ruin everything for the rest of us. Sadly, not enough of them walk out into traffic.

- - - Updated - - -

^^^ People who were raised with guns know the right things to do (and not do) like I, having been a kid in Brooklyn, was taught about traffic. To this very day, when about to cross a street on foot, I stop and look in both directions. Even on trails in the woods LOL because it's so deeply ingrained.

And then you have morons who ruin everything for the rest of us. Sadly, not enough of them walk out into traffic.
            sigpic
            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
              My kids & grandkids think I go over board at times because I started them on those rules with toy guns to get them in that mindset. Consider it loaded and dangerous at all times unless you personally unloaded it and cleared the chamber and have it broken down.
              If it works, it works.

On one hand my family manages to convey the general point without starting quite that early. On the other, I would vastly prefer that gun safety be drilled with toy guns at an early age to allowing whatever line of thought led to someone who is apparently a reserve police officer thinking that it was okay to draw a live weapon in a classroom without immediately clearing it. I don't get where that line of thought could have come from. I was raised around weapons. A significant portion of my family has served as police or military. We like our weapons. We like having them available and most of us knew how to fire a gun before we hit 14. None of us, ever, forget that a firearm mishandled can kill you or someone you care about. None of us are so absurdly disrespectful of the power inherent in a firearm as to make this type of mistake.
              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

We tend to start with any toy gun that has any type of caps or projectiles that are placed in them. One rule we are big on though regardless of age is pointing of guns at people. That drives me nuts when I see them pointing at each other, especially towards the face. To easy to get into that habit and its a hard one to break. Also crosses over into respecting them as weapons and taking care of them.

I know growing up we used to cross into the pellet and bee-bee guns at a young age and I did some of that with my sons. Didn't do a lot though as I was military while they were young and we lived overseas for a lot of it. Have done a bit of it with my grandchildren but not to much yet though they are only 8 for my grandsons. Granddaughter is a bit older but she is to flighty right now so have to wait a bit for her yet.
                I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Government shutdown once again.

see here.

- - - Updated - - -

Government shutdown once again.

see here.
                  Last edited by anunitu; 22 Mar 2018, 13:50.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Even aside from people's views on the Second Amendment, Trump attacking the Fourteenth Amendment instead should be very concerning. Namely due process and equality under the law. An eighteen year old has the right to keep and bear arms, just the same as a black man or a Muslim woman does. Not good threads to start pulling at.

If people have a problem with that, then that requires a constitutional amendment to raise the age of majority. I also have concerns over the notion of removing people's guns or abridging their constitutional rights due to "mental illness," but that's a more complicated concern. Still, due process.

We cannot allow anyone to have the extrajudicial authority to decide that some people deserve less rights than others.
                    Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                      Even aside from people's views on the Second Amendment, Trump attacking the Fourteenth Amendment instead should be very concerning. Namely due process and equality under the law. An eighteen year old has the right to keep and bear arms, just the same as a black man or a Muslim woman does. Not good threads to start pulling at.

If people have a problem with that, then that requires a constitutional amendment to raise the age of majority. I also have concerns over the notion of removing people's guns or abridging their constitutional rights due to "mental illness," but that's a more complicated concern. Still, due process.

We cannot allow anyone to have the extrajudicial authority to decide that some people deserve less rights than others.
                      Is the age of majority defined in the Constitution?

Before it gets mentioned, the 26th is extremely specific. It only mentions the right to vote. Alcohol is a long standing precedent of a right gained after the right to vote so if you pull the 26th on me then my next question will be for a judicial interpretation extending that right to vote to include other rights.

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                        Is the age of majority defined in the Constitution?

Before it gets mentioned, the 26th is extremely specific. It only mentions the right to vote.
                        I mean, the Constitution also only mentions the right to vote for women and racial minorities too. That's why we have the equal protections clause.

Alcohol is a long standing precedent of a right gained after the right to vote.
                        Purchasing alcohol is not a right, its a privilege. There are many a dry county.
                        Last edited by Denarius; 22 Mar 2018, 22:21.
                        Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

I mean, the Constitution also only mentions the right to vote for women and racial minorities too. That's why we have the equal protections clause.
                          19th Amendment: The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex.

Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

Amendment 15: SECTION 1

The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.

SECTION 2

The Congress shall have the power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

Uhm... I'm not a legal scholar, but it looks to me as if, according to the U.S. Constitution, all CITIZENS have the right to vote.

It specifically says the right can not be denied "on account of sex," not that women have a right to vote, while the 15th Amendment says the right to vote "shall not be denied or abridged" on the basis of race or skin color.

That's is a big difference. In the U.S., rights are not "given" by the government. People are born with rights - the government's job, when it comes to rights, is tho protect them ("That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed." - Declaration of Independance)
                          Last edited by B. de Corbin; 23 Mar 2018, 03:33.
                          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Purchasing alcohol is not a right, its a privilege. There are many a dry county.
                            Except that the 14th largely doesn't care what your age of majority is. In point of fact, age of majority is largely defined by states. Mississippi, Nebraska and Alabama place the age of majority later than the rest of the states. Neither the federal government or the states are prohibited from saying, "It'd be great to set legal majority at 21." Nor are they directly prohibited from deciding that the rights and obligations of adulthood should actually be tiered in acquisition. Actually, they do this anyway. Defence of Infancy expiring well before you pick up the right to vote being a clear cut example. Now, an argument could potentially be made that someone will have to play games with the age of majority to block gun purchases across the union before the age of 21 but modifying age of majority won't require anything so absurdedly difficult as a Constitutional Amendment. You would just end up with minors having the right to vote which is something that 3 states already have.

Comment

Santorum: Instead of calling for gun laws, kids should take CPR classes. He should learn CPR fdor when someone targets HIM!!

See HERE.

- - - Updated - - -

Santorum: Instead of calling for gun laws, kids should take CPR classes. He should learn CPR fdor when someone targets HIM!!

See HERE.

- - - Updated - - -

this reminds me of what happened when someone said"if they have no bread,let them eat cake" History forgotten..

- - - Updated - - -

this reminds me of what happened when someone said"if they have no bread,let them eat cake" History forgotten..

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Trump finds a way to break his word.
                                Trump suggests US military foot the bill for border wall

HERE.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump finds a way to break his word.
                                Trump suggests US military foot the bill for border wall

HERE.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                                X