This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: They are willing to destroy this country

A lead-poisoned populace is good for neither.
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRave View Post
      Trump's priority is letting corporations breathe from certain regulations, in order to give fuel to the economy and try to enhance the market's dynamics. Bad for ecology, good for economy. Priorities.
      Short term or long term philosophy.

Why do people only think in either/or? It is possible, and highly preferable, to do both, at the same time.

But doing both isn't something humans are very good at...
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
        Short term or long term philosophy.

Why do people only think in either/or? It is possible, and highly preferable, to do both, at the same time.

But doing both isn't something humans are very good at...
        Because usually long-term measures are bad for short term results? It is the only logic I can think of that could go with it.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

This blatant criminality is truly amazing. I feel it's only a matter of time until something gets tripped up and actual charges are brought against Potus or an affiliate. I firmly believe there is treason occurring. Furthermore, based on the policies and orders put forth in the past few months, I know the interests of this administration are not the interests of people like me. Having grown up under the Obama administration, I had confidence in my governmental system, for all it's faults, to adapt and regulate. However, I now have much less faith. It's not just that conservative policy is often unsustainable and immoral, but that our current leader is utterly unsuited for the position.
          Circe

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRave View Post
            Because usually long-term measures are bad for short term results? It is the only logic I can think of that could go with it.
            Yeah - you want a very good crop this year? Pump the earth full of chemical fertilizer. Next year, you'll need more, plus insectacide. The year after, more of both. Eventually the soil is ruined and you can't live without the chemicals. But, content yourself with enough, use organic fertilizer, and the soil is improved each year.

The human curse is that our animal-nature looks at the short term, but our human nature forces us to look at the future.

Throw a politician into the mix and it commonly gets worse - they only have to think about the next election...

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
            This blatant criminality is truly amazing. I feel it's only a matter of time until something gets tripped up and actual charges are brought against Potus or an affiliate. I firmly believe there is treason occurring. Furthermore, based on the policies and orders put forth in the past few months, I know the interests of this administration are not the interests of people like me. Having grown up under the Obama administration, I had confidence in my governmental system, for all it's faults, to adapt and regulate. However, I now have much less faith. It's not just that conservative policy is often unsustainable and immoral, but that our current leader is utterly unsuited for the position.
            That's a popular boat to be in. I'm in the same boat, as are many others these days.
            Last edited by B. de Corbin; 25 Apr 2017, 14:24.
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Furthermore, based on the policies and orders put forth in the past few months, I know the interests of this administration are not the interests of people like me.
              Same, except I'd go with weeks. It was looking real good for a while there, almost like he actually cared about his base and fulfilling campaign promises, but then it seems like he sold out. Just like Obama all over again. :angst:
              Last edited by Denarius; 25 Apr 2017, 15:18.
              Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

As B. De. said...and By the way,where you been Crow? Good to see you on the forum again.
                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                  As B. De. said...and By the way,where you been Crow? Good to see you on the forum again.
                  I was revived by my desire to see politicians eaten by crows in the town square.

Like honestly? Anyone who didn't see this coming had to be willfully ignorant. The unusual aspects of his campaign, obvious conflicts, no political experience, dubious business practices, the fact that numerous news agencies maintained (and many still maintain) daily lists of lies that he has told for the purposes of fact checking, and the list goes on. A garbage fire from the beginning that managed to convince vulnerable and/or ignorant people he was best option, principally through false information, grandstanding, classism, sexism, and xenophobia. He is a fool who seeks to exploit those who he thinks are greater fools and is in far over his head.
                  Circe

Comment

I do fear he will spark a war,because he can not back down,or let things go. His ego controls him.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

he can not back down,or let things go.
                      He's been backing down and letting things go for a while now.
                      Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Perhaps the title of this thread should be: They are eager to destroy this country.
                        www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                          Perhaps the title of this thread should be: They are eager to destroy this country.
                          Fortunately, we have a constitution, and people in power who are still willing to enforce it. His executive order on sanctuary cities has been shot down on the grounds that it violates 5 specific points in the constitution.

It appears that even a wannabe dictator temporarily squatting in the White House can't just use a stroke of the pen to fill the country with his urine.
                          Last edited by B. de Corbin; 26 Apr 2017, 01:53.

Comment

I really do not understand why he now seems hell bent to piss off our Friendly neighbor Canada. Is it like south park,we will all be singing this.
                            BLAME CANADA!!!!!

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I really do not understand why he now seems hell bent to piss off our Friendly neighbor Canada.
                              The Timber Tariff?

If somebody was attempting to create a disaster, this is the kind of stunt they'd pull.

Entirely aside from pissing off our co-country with whom we've been partners for so very long, even to the point of sharing internation defense installations, between Canada and Finland, pretty much all softwood lumber is imported to the US because they have it in huge, harvestable quantities, while we don't.

I guess that's why he wants to turn publicly held land into a corporate resource. Go see Yosemite while there are still trees...

Even where there isn't a problem, tRump goes out of his way to F'it all up.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                                He's been backing down and letting things go for a while now.

Only things he had 0 intention of doing in the first place and just said because it made certain people buy into him. I mean, its laughable that people believed someone that has been lying and defrauding people for as long as he has. He even has admitted it, and still they bought it!
                                Last edited by thalassa; 26 Apr 2017, 08:28.
                                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X