X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Menstrual Cycle

Originally posted by Heka View Post
    Lol I could talk about natural fertility for daayyzzz
    Then let's do it! I don't think everyone gets how the menstrual cycle works and while I don't want babies, I'm obsessed with hormones and how they affect the body, and still like to know that stuff.

In fact, I wasn't going to say anything but sod it, I'm sure he can take it... I had to giggle when Monsno said that women are more fertile during or after their menstrual cycle. Not sure what he thinks the menstrual cycle is. So let me start by clearing this up.

We're more fertile for around 3-6 days in the middle of our cycle, just before and then on the day that the egg is released from the ovary, at approximately day 14. There isn't an 'after the cycle'. No matter what you take as the start of a cycle (most people take the first day of bleeding as day 1), when that cycle is over, the next one begins. In either case, we are most definitely NOT most fertile during or directly after the time we bleed.
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Re: The Menstrual Cycle

Thanks for this thread, Jembru. It still amazes me how little people understand about how the female body works...

I know people have been laughing about this character in the link below but honestly... to believe that menstrual blood comes from the bladder??? Read it and weep...

www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Last edited by anunitu; 28 Oct 2016, 01:56.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Oh jebus... I always though it came from the eyes...
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Interesting you brought this up. I watched the movie,"Gods of Egypt",and in the movie RA(the sun god) would have to battle the darkness in order for day to dawn(at least that is how the movie seemed to imply)not really having a planet based belief myself,I would be interested in others ideas on the matter..

I know planets were named after gods in early beliefs.(Mars,God of war)

- - - Updated - - -

Man I really got two posts mixed up.....darn

- - - Updated - - -

Hope that english kid does not read this,and go around saying the sun and moon effect women's "Bladder" issue.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

LOL - you need another cuppa' joe...
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I should never post just after waking up...grabs more coffee...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post

Then let's do it!
                Lol yeesss haha

I was trying not to get even more OT and comment about the when of the fertile peak. Depending on the length of a woman's cycle, ovulation occurs 14 days before menstruation. If its any less than 12 days the length of the luteal cycle isn't generally long enough for conception to occur. This part of the cycle can be longer, but not shorter.

Now cervical mucus. Thats a fascinating tidbit haha

I read a book called 'Natural Fertility' by Francesca Naish. Highly recommend. Available on Kobo definitely. I assume elsewhere. Australian publication. I will never put my daughters on the pill afterr reading this book. Amaze balls.
                ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                Seen the desert and the birds
                You cut your hair short
                Like a shush to an insult
                The world had been yelling
                Since the day you were born
                Revolting with anger
                While it smiled like it was cute
                That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                  Lol yeesss haha

I was trying not to get even more OT and comment about the when of the fertile peak. Depending on the length of a woman's cycle, ovulation occurs 14 days before menstruation. If its any less than 12 days the length of the luteal cycle isn't generally long enough for conception to occur. This part of the cycle can be longer, but not shorter.

Now cervical mucus. Thats a fascinating tidbit haha

I read a book called 'Natural Fertility' by Francesca Naish. Highly recommend. Available on Kobo definitely. I assume elsewhere. Australian publication. I will never put my daughters on the pill afterr reading this book. Amaze balls.
                  Ooh, do tell more!

On the subject of the pill, I had to stop taking it because it made my PMS worse and I gained weight. Now I've learnt a teeny bit about how oestrogen affects the body and realised I'm already oestrogen dominant, I'm giving the progesterone only pill a try. I took it for acne when I was a teenager and had no side effects from it, so I'm hoping that will be better than pumping more oestrogen into my system. If my sources are to be believed (largely Dr. Berg's youtube channel mind you), taking any harmone will interfere with the gland's natural ability to produce it, but we really struggle with condoms so I'm willing to give it a try.

I have got say it was a weight off my mind when I learnt that the window for conception is actually just a few days. Although I can imagine that's very frustrating for anyone wanting to conceive.

The mucus thing.. I was told at the clinic that our bodies actually produce their own spermicide. Is this what you mean?

Like I say, I definitely want to know more.
                  夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                    ... I had to giggle when Monsno said that women are more fertile during or after their menstrual cycle. Not sure what he thinks the menstrual cycle is. So let me start by clearing this up. ..
                    That's why I kept saying from a folk perspective and folk usage. he he he

Older folk practices seemed to have had two maybe three significant influences upon how the menstrual cycle and blood influenced them in the mountains. That being the moon-lodge perceptions that came in from early contact with the various Native Indian nations in the area (so called frontier), the usage of granny or folk healers and Christian doctrine influences (which probably was actually Hippocratic medical influences actually). I say a combination of Hippocratic / Christian medical as it seems many of the early medical text's held a lot of Hippocratic influences when it came to women's issues regarding blood and how it was stored and moved in a woman's body. Figure even in the remote area's the Church still held considerable presence within the communities and many of the communities were actually founded as migration movements of congregations from a parent church.

HIPPOCRATES' WOMAN, reading the female body in Ancient Greece by Helen King was an interesting look at how that influence continued right up into the early 20th century and to a degree right into today.
                    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                      Oh jebus... I always though it came from the eyes...
                      That only applies to Megyn Kelly. Notice how she spells her name: MeGYN as in GYNecology. That explains it right there.
                      sigpic
                      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Hawk,are you really the Donald in drag?

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                          Hawk,are you really the Donald in drag?
                          Bite your tongue! Haha!!!

OK seriously - the attention given to the menstrual cycle throughout history is fascinating. I guess it wasn't scientifically understood until recently. So many cultures have rules, taboos, etc. about it all around the world, and it's so misunderstood/vilified/revered/celebrated.
                          sigpic
                          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Psssst...

Drop the politics. That goes over like lead in Saginaw drinking water.

Comment

In the 1920's there were still people writing in academic journals that a menstruating woman would harm plants, even flowers in a vase.

- - - Updated - - -

They DO teach it.
                              I just don't think he listened to that bit.
                              www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Working...
                              X