Animals in your beliefs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Animals in your beliefs?

Are there any specific animals that are important in your beliefs?

If so, what are they, what is their roll, and why (if you know or can speculate) do they have that roll?
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: Animals in your beliefs?

All of them.

And ... erm... the rest would take an entire book to answer, so I wont talk specifics lol

Comment

goats. natch
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
        goats. natch
        Heck yeah. All hail the goats.
        baah.

Comment

Cats,cause they are Cats..nuff said...because they do CAT stuff ya know.
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Not especially. Like all animals are awesome, but not belief specific.

shit dont work when i use forum runner. yall get over it.
            ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
            Seen the desert and the birds
            You cut your hair short
            Like a shush to an insult
            The world had been yelling
            Since the day you were born
            Revolting with anger
            While it smiled like it was cute
            That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
              All of them.

And ... erm... the rest would take an entire book to answer, so I wont talk specifics lol
              That's pretty much my answer as well. Being shamanic in my practice means there is also a strong animism / animatism influence in my belief structure.
              I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I'm an Egyptian Wiccan. Most of the gods and goddesses are related to different animals. Anubis, for example, is associated with the jackal and is portrayed with a jackal head and human body. Bast with a cat head and human body. So animals are very important to me, but they always have been before I became an Egyptian Wiccan.
                Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Another shamanist here and I too have a massive list, but it's a slow night here so I'm willing to have a go at listing them! I've already talked about many of the animals I work with either on the forums or in my blog posts, so I'll do my best to keep this brief. My relationship with these animals is still evolving too, and has changed a lot in recent months, but this is how things currently stand.

Magpie is my spirit animal and is shared by my mum. My sister and niece also identify with Magpie, but their primary animal is Fox. My fetch also takes the form of a magpie.
                  Horse is sacred to my god and is also the form my physical body takes when I meet with it as an entity in its own right. I associate my lower chakras/cauldron of warming with Horse too.
                  My personality, or talking self takes the form of a Cat. Cat, the shapeshifter, seems to be associated with my heart chakra.
                  Eagle Owl (or great horned owl.. I'm still undecided) is my subconscious mind and in a way a counterpart of Magpie, who helps me to decode Owl's messages.
                  My newest helper is Fox. Despite my older sister having an invisible fox friend when we were little, and my niece identifying with Fox too, he took his time in introducing himself to me. He first appeared last year when I created my second inner world in which my human spirit guides appeared to me in animal form. Fox told me at the time that he wasn't one of my guides but it was a while before our relationship evolved and he crossed into my main inner world along with White Horse. Fox appears to be associated with my cognitive function and the upper chakras/cauldron of Knowledge.

Other animals I've had connections to at one time or another are, Adder, Rat, Dog, Rabbit (or Hare -I'm not sure), Dolphin, Blackbird and Roe Deer.

There are also animals that I associate with my deities or the local area too. I already mentioned Horse, who has associations with my God, Bregans. I haven't personally encountered any animals associated with Brigantia, although some people associate sheep with her (probably because of her connection to Imbolc). Pig spirits are everywhere up here and most of the fae-folk I've encountered in nature locally, have either had pig-like features, or appeared riding a pig. So I have a bit of a soft-spot for pigs too.
                  夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Just thought of one. Wildu, the wedge tailed eagle, him and me have a bit of a thing I reckon. Wildu is his yura miti, or adnamatna name. I always feel safe when I see him. And one of the elders gave me a moiety, and I guessed it (Ararru, North wind) based on my relationship with Wildu.
                    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                    Seen the desert and the birds
                    You cut your hair short
                    Like a shush to an insult
                    The world had been yelling
                    Since the day you were born
                    Revolting with anger
                    While it smiled like it was cute
                    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment