Advice for working with developing watchers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ouranos Ouroboros View Post
    In fact, I've been wanting to brush up on my French and modern Greek. Maybe I should get a doll...
    You mean I can program a doll/non-corporal thang to help me learn languages?!?!

These sound like Sendings to me. From Garth Nix's "Old Kingdom Series". But then that's probably where his inspiration came from.
    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
    Seen the desert and the birds
    You cut your hair short
    Like a shush to an insult
    The world had been yelling
    Since the day you were born
    Revolting with anger
    While it smiled like it was cute
    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Re: Advice for working with developing watchers

Originally posted by Heka View Post
      You mean I can program a doll/non-corporal thang to help me learn languages?!?!

These sound like Sendings to me. From Garth Nix's "Old Kingdom Series". But then that's probably where his inspiration came from.
      Well I didn't do it on purpose so I don't know if it would work for others. It just started as an innocent excuse to practice conversations. I keep an audio journal but as a fellow foreign language speaker you probably know yourself that there's a natural rythm to a conversation, and verbal (and non-verbal) markers that let the speaker know when it's their turn to speak, or when you have more to say, or to let the speaker know you're following them. You don't get to practice that in a monologue, so the doll was just to help me practice my 'oh really?', 'you're kidding me?' And '..ya know?'s so they flow more spontaneously and naturally.
      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Working...
      X