X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Against secular Buddhism

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
    Lol...

I can't say what I'm thinking now, I'd have to put myself in time out.
    This is literally the new age version of the old Christian slogan 'if you could just see one sunset or sunrise or sunnyside up egg' you would know...' something like that.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Re: Against secular Buddhism

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
      I had a friend in SF that was Jewish and also followed Buddhism to a large degree,but also kept her Jewish faith at the same time. Different strokes for different folks.
      Jewish is also an ethnicity in addition to a religion, so it is entirely possible to be both (or more) simultaneously.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
      The mistake is made when people consider any religious tradition to be monolithic. Variation is as great as the number of people that are practitioners in any given tradition. Sure, we can divvy them up into similar-ish groups (or denominations) within broad religious categories, but at the end of the day, no one believes all the same things in the same way, even in the same church/temple/mosque/circle/whatever. Buddhism as a general religious category is quite varied, and (like most traditions that have succeeded over the years) flexible enough to accommodate the range of human experiences and human imagination, even if some sects are more rigid in their thinking than others.
      Agreed. Additionally, Buddhism is a religion with a great deal of history considering it's been around since like, 6BC? Don't quote me on that but you get my drift - the older a religion is, the more it has evolved.
      No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Working...
      X