Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Goverment

Copper Member
    Apr 2014
    Religion
    That one where I can play with live snakes and speak gibberish.

Re: Shadow Goverment

You have no moral high ground. You're concept of "peace", whatever that is, does not exist in reality. It has no historical basis and offers no way forward for oppressed groups.

And ya'll always have something to say about oppressed groups getting violent in the face of State violence. Steve Scalise is a racist, whose voting record can itself be considered an act of violence but it's his shooting that is such a tragedy. Cop shoots an unarmed man in the back but apparently it's the riot that follows that's the real tragedy. Ya'll just interested in the status quo. Your moral high ground is shit.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

It seems you are in something of a mood,and I will not further it by being trolled into becoming swept up in this anger.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

Dec 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan/Stregheria

The problem that peaceful people encounter is non-peaceful people.

Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    solitary pagan witch with a strong interest in Anglo Saxons
    Phrase
    Phantom Turnips never die. They just get stewed occasionally....

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaganMafia View Post
    Peace is just another word for consent.
    I can see where you're coming from, but I think the quote you really want is 'All that is required for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing.'

There is nothing wrong with peace as a goal. Much better than chaos or war in most - but maybe not all - instances. I used to have an aunt who resolutely refused to stand up to my mother and would sit amidst all the chaos and raving just spouting about 'Blessed are the peacemakers...' rather than actually working towards peace. it was just an excuse to do nothing.

In the uK at the moment, peace mongers are seen as being rather to the left of centre.

And that aunt I mentioned earlier? Didn't end well for her. Which was sad, but entirely foreseeable.
    www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Oct 2005
    Religion
    relational theophysis and bioregional witchery
    Phrase
    *a little bad taste is like a nice dash of paprika*

Meeting violence with violence only makes the offender feel justified in their violence to begin with.
    “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible

The Gaze of the Abyss B. de Corbin's Avatar
    Feb 2007
    Religion
    Alchemist and Neo-American Redneck Buddhist
    Frozen Northern Michigan, near Thunder Bay
    Phrase
    Where are the tweezers?

Quote Originally Posted by thalassa View Post
    Meeting violence with violence only makes the offender feel justified in their violence to begin with.
    Or, it may be an agent provocateur
    Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand.

I can't do everything, but I can do something.

Dec 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan/Stregheria

Quote Originally Posted by thalassa View Post
    So does meeting it with what amounts to surrender, only then, the victim is dead or conquered/assimilated.

Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

The Gaze of the Abyss B. de Corbin's Avatar
    Feb 2007
    Religion
    Alchemist and Neo-American Redneck Buddhist
    Frozen Northern Michigan, near Thunder Bay
    Phrase
    Where are the tweezers?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
    So does meeting it with what amounts to surrender, only then, the victim is dead or conquered/assimilated.
    Believe it or not, the dichotomy of violent response/surrender is false. There are other options.

Especially in a democracy - despite all the other flaws of a democracy...
    Last edited by B. de Corbin; 01 Jul 2017 at 17:56.
    Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand.

I can't do everything, but I can do something.

Oct 2005
    Religion
    relational theophysis and bioregional witchery
    Phrase
    *a little bad taste is like a nice dash of paprika*

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
    Not using violence isn't surrender.

But its not about them anyhow, even in a pragmatic sense. Its about everyone else...

(the "it" in this case being change)
    Last edited by thalassa; 01 Jul 2017 at 18:00.
    “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible

Copper Member
    Apr 2014
    Religion
    That one where I can play with live snakes and speak gibberish.

There is a tendency of the white liberal to call for a pacifist solution. But, so often the liberal sees the violence of the oppressed and say, "This is not the answer. We must have peace for change." But, this statement always comes from a position of privilege. And from this position always a lack of analysis why this violence happens along with the false statement that violence doesn't hold power. You look at the riot of the oppressed and whine that this is not the way. But, by doing this the white liberal immediately finds himself on the side of the oppressor. And by holding this position the white liberal betrays his true desire, the desire of status quo over the liberation of the oppressed. When it comes to fighting back you will always find the centrist liberal arm and arm with the fascist crying the bullshit cry of "unity". Even when a vast majority of these movements remain peaceful the liberal will always fall on the side of the reactionary the moment the news media reports a violent act by an oppressed person. This being the case how could you view the liberal as any other way than a fascist with a mask?
    Last edited by ThePaganMafia; 01 Jul 2017 at 23:25.