Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Making Up Your Own Religion

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
    Do you mean something like the "Cult of the Madonna",also known as the "Cult of Mary"?

In general a cult is one that is not based on the accepted belief systems.
    Well I guess I learn something very interesting today.

Comment

So I should start a cult?

Comment

If you want to,or just your own beliefs.

Mainly a cult is a belief I think is not as my Mainstream belief is(Not a part of a mainstream religion) So,mainly I would call a belief a cult,because It is NOT my belief(The my is not me,just a general reference to religions in the mainstream.)

- - - Updated - - -

a cult "Might" fit the group called Pastafarians ,though that does not make them not a real belief system. To each their own.
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsuya View Post
          That is good, cause I do not really see anything wrong with it either. However if you were in my shoes and someone ask me my religion or if I was spiritual or what I believed in, how would you simply put it?
          Undecided/eccentric/seeking/Jedi/Sith/Acolyte of the great pizza....

At the end of the day, it isn't a common question and it isn't most people's business. Humor is a wonderful deflector to unnecessary prying, use and abuse it.

So I should start a cult?
          Probably not. You'd need to run it until you can hire/indoctrinate/brainwash a few people with the right skillset to manage it for you and then you need to worry about them deciding to pull a coup on you someday. Cults are generally too much work for limited benefit. Granted, if you have a sufficiently flexible morality and the right skills, they can be profitable (see Scientology) but there are other options for money.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

That is good, cause I do not really see anything wrong with it either. However if you were in my shoes and someone ask me my religion or if I was spiritual or what I believed in, how would you simply put it?
            Honestly? No one is really going to care. It's just something to talk about. Make it up.

I quite honestly add fake crap when people ask me this question just to see if they even care.

Hence why I'm known for eating tiny tender baby legs.
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

its when an individual has intence facial hair and refuse to shave it ,where to the point it resembles a crotch.

Comment

What exactly is a "pubic face"?
                That would be the face created when my friggin key board drops characters as I type. Think my keys need to be pulled out and cleaned out from beneath them as I'm noticing a couple of them I have to slam down of they don't always register.
                I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                  That would be the face created when my friggin key board drops characters as I type. Think my keys need to be pulled out and cleaned out from beneath them as I'm noticing a couple of them I have to slam down of they don't always register.
                  If they're that bad and it's a desktop, just drop by Staples and buy a new board. They run under 20 bucks iirc. Though if you have a compressed air can handy, you might try using it on the board first.
                  life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

I think your personal belief is yours to do with as you please, and there ain't anyone who's got the right to tell you otherwise. But... Is it really a religion if only one person follows it?
                    In answer to the question of why it happened, I offer the modest proposal that our Universe is simply one of those things which happen from time to time. ~~ Edward P. Tryon

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                      If they're that bad and it's a desktop, just drop by Staples and buy a new board. They run under 20 bucks iirc. Though if you have a compressed air can handy, you might try using it on the board first.
                      Biggest problem been a bit since I used some compressed air on it. Then when the grandkids sit with me and "Eat" don't always catch their hands as they try to help me type. MY youngest just tuned 1 so likes to help when he's sitting with me. Of course also means a little bit of everything else comes with him at times. he he he

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                      Biggest problem been a bit since I used some compressed air on it. Then when the grandkids sit with me and "Eat" don't always catch their hands as they try to help me type. MY youngest just tuned 1 so likes to help when he's sitting with me. Of course also means a little bit of everything else comes with him at times. he he he

Comment

Actually the question was not to you Monso. The Person(or bot) that Mask just banned had copied part of your post to seem real. I have that happen from time to time also,so it must be my keyboard too.
                        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Actually the question was not to you Monso. The Person(or bot) that Mask just banned had copied part of your post to seem real. I have that happen from time to time also,so it must be my keyboard too.
                          Ah ok. Must have missed that post or something . Though the question was addressed to me.

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                            Ah ok. Must have missed that post or something . Though the question was addressed to me.
                            You weren't online when it was made or when I judged the maker as a bot. The system we use for bot removal automatically eliminates all posts by the bot in question unless the staff member using it selects otherwise for some reason and that doesn't happen since by nature anything with something worth preserving is not a bot and not subject to the same judgements.

Comment

...So my real question is, Do you see anything wrong with a person constructing there own religion for themselves and not pressuring others to join?
                              Nope - no problem at all.

In fact, I create new religions by the dozen, and sell them on the internet. There's always somebody buying, if you tell them what they want to hear.
                              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
                                Yes to some extent. If people make up their own religion, well it would be a cult.
                                All religions are cults...but not all of them are jumpsuits and koolaid cults.

I just say I'm Pagan and Unitarian Universalist to non-Pagans, sometimes I call it pantheistic bioregional witchcraft (if I'm around Pagans). Takes less time than "intellectually agnostic, spiritually pantheistic, and functionally polytheistic worshipper of my bioregion and practitioner of witchcraft."

If you want something as a label to tell people, either find something open ended (hence the Pagan/UU) or find the vocabulary that fits your beliefs (doxy) and practice (praxis) and make your own label.
                                Last edited by thalassa; 28 Jul 2017, 08:51.
                                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X