Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you know a bee when you see one?

Maybe, maybe not. Go here and pick the bees out of a lineup:

Can You Pick the Bees Out of This Insect Lineup?
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: Do you know a bee when you see one?

I missed 2 of them. They look really cool though
    You remind me of the babe
    What babe?
    The babe with the power
    What power?
    The Power of voodoo
    Who do?
    You do!
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

A wingless wasp. Gods above, somebody kill that thing.
      Last edited by volcaniclastic; 12 Sep 2017, 09:48.

Mostly art.

Comment

You know those little wasps that live in the ground and come out and swarm you when you step on a rotten log, the ones that look like tiny bees but are actually wasps because they can sting you over and over again, and do, because they are angry and mean?

I hate those.
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Me too,one there is a horse fly(the very first one) and a cricket below the horse fly. Also the velvet ant,DO NOT get stung by that thing!!
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I missed a few of them to be honest. Didn't confuse the horse fly or cricket though but had never seen those on the far right choices. The middle top center sort of reminded me of the smaller carpenter bee though which is often mistaken for a bumble bee. Which I admit I never really think of as bee's though they are. When I think of Bee's tend to think of Honey Bee's more so than anything.
            I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
              You know those little wasps that live in the ground and come out and swarm you when you step on a rotten log, the ones that look like tiny bees but are actually wasps because they can sting you over and over again, and do, because they are angry and mean?

I hate those.
              I'm anaphylactic to wasps. Those ones are actually the worst. We have prime ground wasp territory up here. I really should wear a bandolier of epinephrine whenever I go hiking.
              Last edited by volcaniclastic; 12 Sep 2017, 19:07.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
                I missed 2 of them. They look really cool though
                Same here. I only selected 4 thinking there'd be fewer right answers than wrong. At least the ones we picked were all bees though!
                夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I only got three right. It's very interesting because I didn't think the ones I saw could be bees. Didn't get any wrong though.
                  Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                    I only got three right. It's very interesting because I didn't think the ones I saw could be bees. Didn't get any wrong though.
                    I only got three right, myself. I thought the others were bee-like wasps. They're easy to confuse with bees.

Comment

Got 4/6. The two I missed looked really cool.
                      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                      Sneak Attack
                      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I got 3. My neighbor had those underground wasps come charging out of their hidey-hole a few weeks ago. She poured gasoline down the hole! I have noticed, this year, I see ants on the hummingbird feeder as always, but no bees. Some summers, I had to wait until dark to empty & refill the thing because it'd be covered with bees. I also used to see little honeybees come drink from the birdbath. Haven't seen any this year.
                        sigpic
                        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Working...
                        X