This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rituals

I thought it would be nice to have a specific thread for discussing Kemetic rituals. I hope to provide my sources, and I'll probably just give a general idea of what each ritual consisted of. If anyone wants to add they are welcome to do it
    my etsy store
    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
    surrounded by plush, downy things,
    ill prepared, but willing,
    to descend."

Re: The Rituals

Outline for the Mystical Union of Ra and Wesir, aka the Evening Ritual (source: Reidy, Richard. Eternal Egypt: Ancient Rituals to the Modern World).

I. Entering the Sanctuary
    II. Renewing the Light of Every Day
    III. Libation
    IV. Offering of Incense
    V. Renewing Divine Offerings
    VI. "Song of the Two Regions"
    VII. Presenting the Litany of Ra
    VIII. Presenting the Offerings to Ra in His 75 Forms
    IX. The Litany of Ra
    X. Putting Out the Flame
    XI. Removing the Foot
    XII. Conclusion
    XIII. Reverting the Offerings
    my etsy store
    My blog

to descend."

Comment

WAAAAAAA PLUTO!!!! ok i'm done back to you
      i cant wait for this thread to take off!!
      "Close your eyes, take 20 paces farther than you thought nessesary and just when you think you've lost your way completely.. you'll be there. open your eyes" Alice Hoffman

Comment

I usually just make my own rituals and meditations to the gods, Its just more personalized that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Eye_Of_Horus28 View Post
          I usually just make my own rituals and meditations to the gods, Its just more personalized that way.
          Care to share any? How you came to them? Their purpose(s)?
          my etsy store
          My blog

to descend."

Comment

So do I. I don't know about any special rituals made in the temples, so I just meditate.
            "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I've read a lot of materials and this ritual known as the Senut (sp?) keeps being mentioned, but I haven't found anything on how to actually DO it or why it is done. How is it done, and why?
              Kemetic Blog - http://www.inspiringrainbow.wordpress.com

Bring your grains of Salt.

Comment

Originally posted by InspiringRaine View Post
                I've read a lot of materials and this ritual known as the Senut (sp?) keeps being mentioned, but I haven't found anything on how to actually DO it or why it is done. How is it done, and why?
                The Senut is a ritual belonging to the Kemetic Orthodox, or House of Netjer. It is not an ancient Egyptian ritual but rather is based on the idea of traditional rituals with a few elements borrowed from other African religions. It is the core religious practice of KO practitioners, designed to place them in the presence of a god or goddess and develop a relationship with them. You can get a copy of the Senut ritual for free by attending one of the House of Netjer's Beginner's Classes. They ask that people attend the class before getting access to the ritual in order to make sure that the significance of all parts of the ritual are understood.

I use rituals written by Richard Reidy. They are well sourced, beautiful, and respectful to the core of ancient Egyptian tradition. He also explains pretty well how to alter his basic ritual to suit any netjer or netjeret, and gives two liturgies for use with the blessed and beloved dead.

I'm a member of a small temple group here in the SF Bay Area, and we are fortunate enough to have Richard in our group so we have access to all of his rituals. We meet once a month, every other month is a ritual celebration and the months between are study groups which include members from several of our temples. This month we had a beautiful ritual in honor of Ma'at; it's one of my favorites.

Apologies for responding to an old thread, but I figured that since it had been made a Sticky thread it was ok.
                With kind regards,
                Banu

Comment

Responding to a sticky is fine. I wouldn't hold my breath on an answer from InspiringRaine though. She's been absent since February and while we have been re-acquiring old members over the past year, I wouldn't bet money on any specific old member reappearing.
                  "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
                  ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

That's fine, I'm satisfied with a response from anyone really. I'm just chiming in on as many threads as possible in hopes of finding a subject which will tap someone's interest. Thanks for the heads up, though!
                    With kind regards,
                    Banu

Comment

Working...
                    X