Page 197 of 214 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199207 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 2132

Thread: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Finding sanctity.
    Phrase
    Mistress of the Ban

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

I did a 10 day juice fast once like this. Expect to feel terrible for at least the first three days. Drink lots of water. Be kind to yourself.
    “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

Mostly art.

Oct 2013
    Religion
    Egyptian Wiccan
    Phrase
    Daughter of Lord Anubis and Lady Bast.

Quote Originally Posted by volcaniclastic View Post
    I did a 10 day juice fast once like this. Expect to feel terrible for at least the first three days. Drink lots of water. Be kind to yourself.
    Thanks I will be. I am trying to remember to drink a lot and drink some detox tea like the book recommends.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Reading is Love | Fanfiction.net Profile

Oct 2013
    Religion
    Egyptian Wiccan
    Phrase

In a few hours I will be going to start my first volunteer shift as a baby cuddler in the NICU. I can't wait!
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

That's good work, right there. As a parent who's had a kid in NICU...we get exhausted. We want to cuddle with our kids more, but we can't..and we still want someone to hold them, for there to be some living connection to human beings while our children navigate those perilous weeks.

Oct 2013
    Religion
    Egyptian Wiccan
    Phrase

I loved cuddling with the babies. It was such a wonderful experience. It reminded me of when my nephew was little. I got to talk and hum and sing. The nurses woke them up when I was there to feed them and check their diapers so I helped cuddle to get one to sleep and another to wait til a nurse to get to her to feed her since cuddlers can't feed babies. I look forward to next week.
    Anubisa

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

Yesterday I went to Barnes & Noble bookstore to buy a Nook Book version of Your Tarot Courts By Ethony Dawn.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 08 Feb 2020 at 18:35.

Oct 2013
    Religion
    Egyptian Wiccan
    Phrase

So today I had a big ass cry over my car. I live off of a dead end street where it narrows into one lane. So this car comes from our town homes subdivision and I back up for them. My right back tire and part of the front end up in a ditch. The asshole just goes on past me. Doesn't even stop or anything. So I get out and had to wave three cars by me. Only one stopped to check if I was okay. I called my parents crying about how I needed a tow truck because I was backing up. I know I may seem like a cry baby but I already wrecked my car when it got hit in May of last year and that cost half it's worth when I bought it. I'm paying for it. Thank goodness when the tow truck arrived the guy said there wasn't any damage. My dad drove it home. I'm still scheduling an appointment to see the car dealership.
    Anubisa

Oct 2013
    Religion
    Egyptian Wiccan
    Phrase

Yesterday I went and saw the doctor for a rash. They think it might be Shingles. They did a scraping and sent the sample to the lab. Right now I am on Valtrex. I called the volunteer services at the hospital and told them I couldn't volunteer, but I would let them know if it was Shingles or not. I still let them know I would not come in anyway. I wouldn't want to cause any harm to the babies since they have such weak immune systems. I love being a baby cuddler, but I can't risk their health. I'm not sure if it is Shingles (I hope not), but I am sick and I still won't let anyone get sick because of me.
    Anubisa

Dec 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan/Stregheria

Quote Originally Posted by anubisa View Post
    Yesterday I went and saw the doctor for a rash. They think it might be Shingles. They did a scraping and sent the sample to the lab. Right now I am on Valtrex. I called the volunteer services at the hospital and told them I couldn't volunteer, but I would let them know if it was Shingles or not. I still let them know I would not come in anyway. I wouldn't want to cause any harm to the babies since they have such weak immune systems. I love being a baby cuddler, but I can't risk their health. I'm not sure if it is Shingles (I hope not), but I am sick and I still won't let anyone get sick because of me.
    I had shingles a couple of years ago - luckily it was a mild case. I was put on Famciclovir right away and it cleared up. Shingles is tiny blisters, not a flat rash, and it's usually only on one side of the body. Hope you feel better!

Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Feb 2020
    Religion
    Atheist/Marxist Materialism

Quote Originally Posted by anubisa View Post
    Sorry to hear that as that is rough. I hope you are feeling better soon.