Page 190 of 191 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191 LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 1909

Thread: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

Apr 2012
    Religion
    eclectic Heathen
    Phrase
    Its not about finding the "right path" but more so finding the path that's right for you

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

Quote Originally Posted by anubisa View Post
    Anyone else do some Black Friday shopping?
    I did my usual black Friday grocery shopping, because no matter how we plan, I always need SOMETHING on black Friday lol.

Though, I did go Saturday to Michael's and get a bunch of stuff for baby dragons for insanely cheap
    Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
    Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Finding sanctity.
    Phrase
    Mistress of the Ban

Finals start today, but I feel good about this.
    “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

Mostly art.

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

Quote Originally Posted by anubisa View Post
    Went out to do some shopping yesterday. I didn't go all-out crazy with buying. There were so many people out on the roads. It was really crazy. I'm going to check out some deals online later today. Black Friday is a crazy day. Anyone else does some Black Friday shopping?
    Black Friday is too chaotic even for me. People are fighting over items for low prices and what boggles my mind that nobody doesn't get arrested for this travesty.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 02 Dec 2019 at 09:56.

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Jedi
    Phrase
    The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Black Friday is too chaotic even for me. People are fighting over items for low prices and what boggles my mind that nobody doesn't get arrested for this travesty.
    Arrests don't fix Black Friday. Black Friday will continue to be an abomination until either

A. It ceases to be profitable. This will require a change in culture that is to be generous very unlikely or for Thanksgiving to stop being a holiday.

B. Stores to be directed by law to shut down on Thanksgiving and stay shut down till the following Monday.

Or

C. Online marketing kills physical stores.

I personally favor B.
    "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
    ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

Quote Originally Posted by MaskedOne View Post
    Arrests don't fix Black Friday. Black Friday will continue to be an abomination until either

A. It ceases to be profitable. This will require a change in culture that is to be generous very unlikely or for Thanksgiving to stop being a holiday.

B. Stores to be directed by law to shut down on Thanksgiving and stay shut down till the following Monday.

Or

C. Online marketing kills physical stores.

I personally favor B.
    Then they should be. Instead rather than people acted like savages fighting like wild animals Black Friday should be enforced. I remember so many years ago in there was a man who was killed at Wal-Mart in Black Friday because so many people were acting like complete idiots all because of an low-price item. I think arrest and enforcement should do just nicely.

Dec 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan/Stregheria

When I was a kid, (I swore I'd never say that when I grew up, but....) stores were closed on Thanksgiving. Now, Walmart here starts their big extravaganza that evening at 5 or 6. The good part of that (for me) is that my friends who host dinner do it at lunchtime, which I prefer. I don't remember the Black Friday thing being as big as it is today. By the time these people are heading out to shop, I'm home in my jammies.
    Today, I went to Aldi's for a few things, and they weren't crowded, which was great. They have biscotti which are decent. Not Stella D'Oro quality, but pretty good.

Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Jedi
    Phrase
    The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
    When I was a kid, (I swore I'd never say that when I grew up, but....) stores were closed on Thanksgiving. Now, Walmart here starts their big extravaganza that evening at 5 or 6. The good part of that (for me) is that my friends who host dinner do it at lunchtime, which I prefer. I don't remember the Black Friday thing being as big as it is today. By the time these people are heading out to shop, I'm home in my jammies.
    Today, I went to Aldi's for a few things, and they weren't crowded, which was great. They have biscotti which are decent. Not Stella D'Oro quality, but pretty good.
    Black Friday has steadily gotten much, much worse. Less than 20 years ago, local stores opened around 5 AM on Friday. Now...

6 PM Thabksgiving and stay open straight till closing on Friday.
    "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
    ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Dec 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan/Stregheria

Quote Originally Posted by MaskedOne View Post
    Black Friday has steadily gotten much, much worse. Less than 20 years ago, local stores opened around 5 AM on Friday. Now...

6 PM Thabksgiving and stay open straight till closing on Friday.
    Yes! I forgot about that - but now that you reminded me, I do remember telling a co-worker I thought she was nuts for going shopping at 5 a.m. on Friday- that was in the late 90s. At least our Walmart here is closed on Christmas. I drove by once just to see the parking lot all empty - it was weird! This is such a "born again" area, they wouldn't dare open on Christmas. (Yeah, I know, never say never...)

Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

May 2012
    Religion
    Optimistic Agnostic
    Phrase
    Suspend Judgement

My first gig in 6 years!!! 😃😃😃

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Jedi
    Phrase

Quote Originally Posted by Azvanna View Post
    My first gig in 6 years!!! ������
    Congrats!!!
    ―Thon

Yoda