Page 134 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1648

Thread: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

Oct 2013
    Religion
    Egyptian Wiccan
    Phrase
    Daughter of Lord Anubis and Lady Bast.

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

Today was not my day. I did get my exam and picked out new glasses and all that fun stuff. However, I scratched my car that I bought in July of 2018. It's a perfect b-day present to have to pay next month to get that fixed. I was turning from an Arby's onto one of our busiest roads and it was really hard to see the left because I needed to turn right. I couldn't tell that I was up against the right so close. So I hit the rail and now I have a sort of squarish mark at the bottom and a big roundish mark in the lower part of the door. I'm just so pissed. Also I still have a sore on my gum and I was going to try to see a dentist at the WVU Urgent Care and when I got there it was past 12:00 and no one was there and they wouldn't be opening till 1:00 and they only stay open till 3:45. So yeah, besides the visit to the optometrist and Barnes and Noble it's been a little sucky.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Reading is Love | Serenity Hutchinson (Online Resume)

Aug 2015
    Religion
    Ecletic pagan.
    Phrase
    This too shall pass.

I hope your week gets better, Anu. =(
    “I am Cat and I walk alone and all ways are the same to me.” ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Oct 2013
    Religion
    Egyptian Wiccan
    Phrase

Quote Originally Posted by faye_cat View Post
    I hope your week gets better, Anu. =(
    Thanks Faye, so do I.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Nov 2014
    Religion
    Eclectic with some strong norse tendensies

The cashier wrote his number on my receipt... I've been wondering if he was flirting or just really good at making me.uncomfortable for a while. Guess I have my answer. And need to find a new place to shop for a while.
    You remind me of the babe
    What babe?
    The babe with the power
    What power?
    The Power of voodoo
    Who do?
    You do!
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Mar 2012
    Religion
    Theistic Satanism
    Phrase
    Strength in Will, peace in well-being.

Quote Originally Posted by iris View Post
    The cashier wrote his number on my receipt... I've been wondering if he was flirting or just really good at making me.uncomfortable for a while. Guess I have my answer. And need to find a new place to shop for a while.
    I'd go to his supervisor and let him know. The workplace is no place to be flirting or make clients uncomfortable in any way.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Nov 2014
    Religion

Quote Originally Posted by Sean R. R. View Post
    I'd go to his supervisor and let him know. The workplace is no place to be flirting or make clients uncomfortable in any way.
    Yea I just really wanna avoid drama. It's literally across the road from me so I go by several times a day, don't wanna risk angering him.
    What babe?
    The babe with the power
    What power?
    The Power of voodoo
    Who do?
    You do!
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!

May 2013
    Religion
    Shamanic Practitioner & Green / Hedge Witch with Hellenic leanings
    Phrase
    Can't never did nothing till it tried!

Quote Originally Posted by iris View Post
    Yea I just really wanna avoid drama. It's literally across the road from me so I go by several times a day, don't wanna risk angering him.
    \\

Not tying to be an arse but doesn't that still place you at risk but also push that risk off onto other women? Unless you plan to make sure you go by the place when he is not there so he can't see you or you change your entire routine to make sure you can't cross path's even if only by view. The fact you mention not wanting to "RISK ANGERING HIM" really sends some alarm bells off which means you should warn the supervisor's and management of the place to me.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Oct 2013
    Religion
    Egyptian Wiccan
    Phrase

Well I went to a collision shop today and found that I didn't have a scratch on my right side of the car. It was glue from where I had hit the sidewalk. The guy took the glue off and of course I felt really stupid. I was glad that I didn't have a scratch, but I'm feeling really dumb.
    Anubisa

Quote Originally Posted by monsno_leedra View Post
    \\

Not tying to be an arse but doesn't that still place you at risk but also push that risk off onto other women? Unless you plan to make sure you go by the place when he is not there so he can't see you or you change your entire routine to make sure you can't cross path's even if only by view. The fact you mention not wanting to "RISK ANGERING HIM" really sends some alarm bells off which means you should warn the supervisor's and management of the place to me.
    Mosno-
    In a perfect world you are right. But I have to say these are situations that come up all the time. Don't engage can be safer, because sometimes men do retaliate. Sometimes all they do is scream at you. Sometimes nothing happens. Fewer times it is dangerous, but it is hard to tell. I hope that the situation is safe enough for Iris to tell a manager that that is why she isn't shopping there anymore, but I'm guessing she's trying to make a judgment call. Does he know where she lives? Very possible if the store is close enough that she shops there multiple times a day. Odds are good that they may run into each other on the street. He may just be clueless, or he may have intentionally been ratcheting up her unease for his own amusement. The sense of escalation can be what makes her feel unsafe.

Iris-I'm not trying to make this situation seem scarier than it actually is. If you feel comfortable, go ahead and report it. It might make things better. But I don't think you are responsible for his future bad behavior if you decide it it doesn't feel safe. He very may well just be socially awkward, but you can only act on what you observe.

Nov 2014
    Religion

Quote Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
    Mosno-
    In a perfect world you are right. But I have to say these are situations that come up all the time. Don't engage can be safer, because sometimes men do retaliate. Sometimes all they do is scream at you. Sometimes nothing happens. Fewer times it is dangerous, but it is hard to tell. I hope that the situation is safe enough for Iris to tell a manager that that is why she isn't shopping there anymore, but I'm guessing she's trying to make a judgment call. Does he know where she lives? Very possible if the store is close enough that she shops there multiple times a day. Odds are good that they may run into each other on the street. He may just be clueless, or he may have intentionally been ratcheting up her unease for his own amusement. The sense of escalation can be what makes her feel unsafe.

Iris-I'm not trying to make this situation seem scarier than it actually is. If you feel comfortable, go ahead and report it. It might make things better. But I don't think you are responsible for his future bad behavior if you decide it it doesn't feel safe. He very may well just be socially awkward, but you can only act on what you observe.
    You put it pretty well there. I don't know how he'll react and not running into him isn't an option. I don't think he knows exactly where I live but it wouldn't be hard to find out (I can see the store from my kitchen window). Getting him in trouble with the manager might be escalating it.
    I THINK he's just awkward and will mostly just sulk at being turned down. But you never know. I'm going with distance and a polite no first and hoping that's where it stays.
    What babe?
    The babe with the power
    What power?
    The Power of voodoo
    Who do?
    You do!
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!