Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
    Your father and my mother might just be related LOL It seems like what often begins as a way to relate, like, you say "I have a stomach ache" and I say "Oh I had one the other day" meaning I understand, then gets one-sided. Mine was worse and lasted longer, therefore yours is insignificant Maybe it's just human nature - at least for some humans - trying to one-up others, in good things and bad?
    I think that goes back to trying to sympathize & empathize which each other. Most of us do it and recognize it for what it is. Yet it's those really over the top ones that get to us, well at least to me anyway. That or the person who has an experience for every situation that you've ever experienced. Not only every situation but their's is greater in scale.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I also think that the empty shell thing is especially tough in late adolescence and early adulthood, because it feels like you should be fully "cooked" by then, but those years are really full of making mistakes and figuring it out- all the while comparing yourself to other people who look like they know what is what. I think the truth is more that we become more ourselves as we age, but we aren't really ever completely done. Over time we learn more what is consistently true about ourselves and feel more confident about it, but I also think we grow more comfortable with the changes and uncertainties. Part of learning who you are is seeing who emerges after a relationship ends, or the sports career doesn't materialize, or coming out of the other side of a trauma. I think that many of us have to teach this to ourselves. Sometimes we have community of family, friends, teachers,etc to help us, but at best we have other flawed people actively trying to help us. At worst we have other flawed people trying to sabotage us, or leaving us to flounder on our own. There were a fair number of divorces in my immediate and surrounding family and adult community when I was a child, and while there were definitely some bad aspects to this, I am so grateful that I saw so many people pick themselves up and make new lives for themselves.

Comment

Yes - people are so often told upon graduation that they have their whole lives in front of them, when really they're putting the only life they've known behind them. It was certainly a depressing and scary time for me.
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I'm officially done prepping for my vacay. I got my bags at the door. All I need is a shower, sleep and away I goooooo!
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Yay! Have fun!

Pretty nice weekend here so far.
            sigpic
            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

WVU Mountaineers had our first game today. We won 20-13! Yay! I do love living in a college town.
              Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

2 songs done, 5 more to go and the album is done!
                Hope I'll manage it this time!

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

just this

i think my last breath will be a sigh of relief
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I go to start losing weight and I'm going on a diet.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
                      I go to start losing weight and I'm going on a diet.
                      Cool. I would recommend the Keto or any high-protein diet. Right now I am on the Keto diet and it has caused me to lose 20 lbs. So I am hoping you can find a diet to work for you.

Went back to the gym for the first time in a month. Last month was a bad one for me. Was diagnosed with Bells Palsy (don't have it any more) and my back was in excruciating pain. So I really couldn't make it. This month is going to be better for me though. Going to be starting work next week and I will be able to go a couple times every week after work.
                      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I weight about by 245 pounds and I'm going to eat fruits and vegetables and also exercising. I'm done for eating junk food.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                          Cool. I would recommend the Keto or any high-protein diet. Right now I am on the Keto diet and it has caused me to lose 20 lbs. So I am hoping you can find a diet to work for you.
                          Hey, another keto-er :P Lost 61lbs myself over the course of 10 months
                          Last edited by Sean R. R.; 03 Sep 2019, 18:56.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                            Keto has a lot of potential benefits even aside from weight loss. Since it's changing how your body produces energy, a lot of people find they're more vibrant and happy after the adjustment period. My roommates went on keto, mostly because L has digestion issues with carbs and sugars, and since I do most of the cooking I had to learn to cook keto.

I'm thinking that I should save the money from the check I'm going to be getting. I'm thinking that while I browse discount animal skins because I'm a heedless goblin that likes bones and fur.
                            Circe

Comment

what constitutes keto i mean how does one do this what foods are allowed and how does it effect your body on a day to day nature?
                              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                                what constitutes keto i mean how does one do this what foods are allowed and how does it effect your body on a day to day nature?
                                pretty much carbs are your enemy.
                                i like the idea because its pretty good for diabetics. but with having a heart attack? ima ixnay all that fat. no bueno.
                                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
                                X