Page 173 of 181 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 1804

Thread: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

I worked at an inbound 800 number call center many years ago now-before cell phones, so calling an 800 number was free vs. other long distance which cost money for the caller. Some people got really excited at having a free opportunity to harass customer service personnel who couldn't just hang up or be rude in response. This was a largish call center, with over 200 customer service agents working throughout the day, probably 70 percent women. I never once encountered a female co-worker who didn't get at least one and usually about 3 calls from one caller every day. There were multiple shifts over a 24 hour period. This guy spent all day every day calling a rental car customer service line so that he could tell us the same line over and over. It was not a creative line, and it was not especially shocking, especially after the first day. He almost never varied it, although once in a while he would change one word. He tended to mess with our call/ booking statistics, which may have been the point, although I think he was really enjoying himself.

I love the hex bit line.

Oct 2013
    Religion
    Egyptian Wiccan
    Phrase
    Daughter of Lord Anubis and Lady Bast.

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Twice in a week I've received 'dirty' phone calls at work. By 'dirty' I mean the lamest dirty calls.
    One call: Do you like men?
    Me: Huh?
    click

Two call:
    Do you like sex?
    Me: did you say you want a hex bit? (I know what he said. I'm just effing with him)
    click.

I mean. Do better. Dude.
    LOL! I was working at Teleperformance and this guy called in like 3-4 times one night and like the first two times he said he wanted to put his dick in my mouth. I hung up on him. The next time he called I said that if it wasn't AE related then I would call the cops which I couldn't do. The last time, the word had spread to my supervisor and we finally blocked him. Ugh. Some people have no life.

- - - Updated - - -

Went to the dietician today and found out that I am down to 292. She said I have lost 20 lbs in 2 months. I am totally shocked. I still have a long way to go, but it's a step in the right direction.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Reading is Love | Serenity Hutchinson (Online Resume)

Feb 2013
    Religion
    Old Customs
    Phrase
    Damn somebody's eyes

Quote Originally Posted by anubisa View Post
    Went to the dietician today and found out that I am down to 292. She said I have lost 20 lbs in 2 months. I am totally shocked. I still have a long way to go, but it's a step in the right direction.
    You go, girl!
    I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country

“Barbarianism is the natural state of mankind. Civilization is unnatural. It is the whim of circumstance. And barbarianism must ultimately triumph.” - Robert E. Howard

Clan of my Clan
    Kin of my Kin
    Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
    And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Oct 2013
    Religion
    Egyptian Wiccan
    Phrase

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    You go, girl!
    Thanks Rick.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Oct 2013
    Religion
    Egyptian Wiccan
    Phrase

Yesterday I went to the WV Tattoo Expo. I got my third tattoo. Here's my facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/hutchinsonser. You can see it on there. The tattoo artist who did it was from Las Vegas. He did an amazing job. I really love the work. It took less than twenty minutes for him to do it. So I really am excited to have another tattoo.
    Anubisa

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Witch
    Phrase
    Move forward with purpose. -Sherillyn Kenyon

We've had an offer on our house, but the person offered 58k and we really need at least 80k to sell. Our appraisal said the house is worth 78, but the appraiser noted that we don't have a deck, which we do. It's tiny, but it's there. Other houses included in the appraisal similar to ours with the same number of rooms and close sqft sold for 85 and 90. One with 700sqft instead of 900 sold for 74, but they've got 200sqft less, which makes a huge difference in these little houses. That's a whole bedroom or more. And the house they have listed for 85 was bought by a friend of mine and he actually paid 90 for it...
    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

It sounds like a low-ball just to see if you are desperate enough.

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Jedi
    Phrase
    The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force.

IOS themed launchers exist and are apparently popular on Android...

Why?!?!?

The IOS ui is not impressive and hasn't been for years. I'll grant that not all Android launchers are impressive but if you know how to change the launcher then you will fall over at least three better options before you reach the IOS wannabe options.
    "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
    ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

People are loyal to what they are used to.

May 2005
    Religion
    LaVeyan Satanist
    Phrase
    A Clockwork orange

I have to work an 8 day stint before I get my week long vacation in Vegas off. Yeah. So I'm sorta ok with that.
    Satan is my spirit animal