What are you think 2017 to 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

Waiting to start my new semester on Monday. Then on the next Monday I begin my new job with Teletech. Got a lot of new things going on. So looking forward to starting something new.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

The last few times I've song lead at church has been phenomenal. Really, really good. People are engaging on a whole other level and then going out of their way to give me positive feedback. My pastor told me the other day he is noticing a depth of maturity in my worship leading now. This has all been since I've gone sort of agnostic. What do you make of that?

Comment

Originally posted by Azvanna View Post
        The last few times I've song lead at church has been phenomenal. Really, really good. People are engaging on a whole other level and then going out of their way to give me positive feedback. My pastor told me the other day he is noticing a depth of maturity in my worship leading now. This has all been since I've gone sort of agnostic. What do you make of that?
        You've probably gone from I need to know to I probably don't know. And in doing so, you're probably more relaxed and open. And you are getting nice vibes back from the universe. It wants you loosey goosey. No universe wants an uptight inhabitant.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
          You've probably gone from I need to know to I probably don't know. And in doing so, you're probably more relaxed and open. And you are getting nice vibes back from the universe. It wants you loosey goosey. No universe wants an uptight inhabitant.
          It feels good to let loose!

Comment

8 days straight. I am officially on vacation for the next 9 days. But at the moment, I'm too exhausted to be all yippy about it.

Inside I'm happy. Outside, I'm asleep.

Comment

in vagas already?
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                in vagas already?
                nah, leave sunday. sat is prep and nap day

Comment

I am now considering stepping away from my glenda good witch mask
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

A few days ago, a local young woman (23, I think) committed suicide. I didn't know her, but after hearing about it, I read her facebook, etc. and it really bothers me that nobody noticed. She was very pretty, had friends, seemed to run some kind of business, was helpful to others (there was a story about how she saved some little kid's life once), etc. Very vivacious, lots of lovey dovey stuff with the boyfriend, etc. Well, apparently said boyfriend broke up with her out of the blue, (I don't know the story), and that was that. I could see it a mile away - she was overly emotionally invested in other people. Or maybe I just saw it because I used to be her when I was that age. In any case, the whole thing just won't leave my mind. I see so many girls raised to believe they are the sum of their relationships instead of being themselves. There's no real identity, just who they are to others. It wears many masks but it's all about having nothing under the mask, so when the mask gets ripped away, there's a great big black hole.
                    sigpic
                    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                      ..There's no real identity, just who they are to others. It wears many masks but it's all about having nothing under the mask, so when the mask gets ripped away, there's a great big black hole.
                      You know the first part of what you wrote is important but this last part here I think touches all of us. Doesn't depend upon race, gender, ethnicity, age or anything really. I saw and have seen it across all sorts of barriers and economics systems over the years. It was present during the years I served in the military and the years I worked in the school system and even in the years I was involved in youth programs such as Boy Scouts / Cub Scouts and Little League Sports.

I saw kids who were stars on the playing field then vanished once they stepped off and debated about their own worth because they had nothing once they left the field. But what made it worse is parents, players and community re-enforced that notion of their worth being attached to the field and it ending once they stepped off it. But more than a few of those kids were just "shells" that were created for what parents wanted never what the youth wanted.

That same mentality present in the military in how people competed for rank, recognition, awards. Yet 22 vets per day commit suicide was the number I last read. Just tend to have different reasons is usually the justification that is given for it. Things we saw, experienced or can no longer deal with or let go of. But it's still what's behind the mask we wear and the mask finally falling away and revealing the void or darkness that was left there. Yet again there is also the question, Why didn't anyone notice? Usually along with the implied statement that "Well they left signs!"

The same thing applied to the kids I saw when I worked in the school system. Some were outgoing, some were quite and loners, yet all ended up with friends and family asking the same questions. Why? Some friends would come forward later and say they were being abused or picked on, others would say nothing was going on. My Niece struggled for quite sometime to understand why one of her friends committed suicide, she was 14 or 15 at the time when the girl did it. The young girl herself was just a bit younger near as I recall now, perhaps a year. They settled on she was being picked on as her reason but really don't know for certain.

So often in retrospect we look at things and say "I was just like" this or that person. But as a society I don't think we really do anything to teach about getting to know the other person. In fact I think we do more to hinder or obstruct that very idea. We don't want to know the other person because then we'd have to humanize them, to see them as real, living beings. Oh yeah we tell ourselves that we see people as "real" people but most people truly do not even know the people who they see everyday of their lives who live around them or work beside them. They do not see those next to them or open themselves up to reveal themselves, it's a form of protection.

It's the mask they themselves wear.
                      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

We often don't see traits in ourselves EXCEPT in retrospect. It seems like nobody really listens, even to themselves. If someone says "He's my whole life", "I'd die without him", etc., that's a cry for help even though they themselves see it as romantic or whatnot. (Same applies to being the star player and feeling like nothing without the team, etc. Actually I see that in kids around here a lot - sports are like a cult, and, like you said, the parents have all these expectations.) And if someone says that something is upsetting them or damaging their daily life, we tend to dismiss the issue if it's not identical to our own issues, or diminish it by bringing up a "larger" problem, etc. Comprehension is the most important part of communication, and it's sorely lacking in society. People seem so incredibly dismissive most of the time.
                        sigpic

Comment

I think the "My Problem is Bigger" syndrome is a big means we use to distract and redirect things. Can't think of how many times I've seen people who attempt to sympathize or even empathize with others then automatically divert into the "My Problem" issue. My father is one who is great for that ploy. We'll be talking abut myself or one of my siblings medical issues and before you know it he's changed the discussion to his medical issues. Most of the time don't even try to discuss serious medical issues as we know we'll never get to them.

Have had co-workers that were the same way. Didn't matter the subject material, whatever it was the topic soon turned about them and their issues. Their issues were either grander in scale or deeper in hurt. Couldn't win no matter the side of the pleasure or pain you were discussing. So you sort of half listened to them which I think many times expanded to how you listened to everyone about you because of that 1 person.
                          I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Your father and my mother might just be related LOL It seems like what often begins as a way to relate, like, you say "I have a stomach ache" and I say "Oh I had one the other day" meaning I understand, then gets one-sided. Mine was worse and lasted longer, therefore yours is insignificant Maybe it's just human nature - at least for some humans - trying to one-up others, in good things and bad?
                            sigpic

Comment

I know I have a tendency to share a similar experience in an effort to connect and show that I can relate. I've really had to work in not making it sound like an effort at one-up-manship, and that's certainly not my intent. But it's a skill, and low any will there's various levels of ability.
                              We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                              It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                              Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                              -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Yeah, seems like we all like to compete, in a way, and some things really shouldn't be a competition.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X