Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

Originally posted by Sean R. R. View Post
    I'd go to his supervisor and let him know. The workplace is no place to be flirting or make clients uncomfortable in any way.
    Yea I just really wanna avoid drama. It's literally across the road from me so I go by several times a day, don't wanna risk angering him.
    You remind me of the babe
    What babe?
    The babe with the power
    What power?
    The Power of voodoo
    Who do?
    You do!
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
      Yea I just really wanna avoid drama. It's literally across the road from me so I go by several times a day, don't wanna risk angering him.
      \\

Not tying to be an arse but doesn't that still place you at risk but also push that risk off onto other women? Unless you plan to make sure you go by the place when he is not there so he can't see you or you change your entire routine to make sure you can't cross path's even if only by view. The fact you mention not wanting to "RISK ANGERING HIM" really sends some alarm bells off which means you should warn the supervisor's and management of the place to me.
      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Well I went to a collision shop today and found that I didn't have a scratch on my right side of the car. It was glue from where I had hit the sidewalk. The guy took the glue off and of course I felt really stupid. I was glad that I didn't have a scratch, but I'm feeling really dumb.
        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
          \\

Not tying to be an arse but doesn't that still place you at risk but also push that risk off onto other women? Unless you plan to make sure you go by the place when he is not there so he can't see you or you change your entire routine to make sure you can't cross path's even if only by view. The fact you mention not wanting to "RISK ANGERING HIM" really sends some alarm bells off which means you should warn the supervisor's and management of the place to me.
          Mosno-
          In a perfect world you are right. But I have to say these are situations that come up all the time. Don't engage can be safer, because sometimes men do retaliate. Sometimes all they do is scream at you. Sometimes nothing happens. Fewer times it is dangerous, but it is hard to tell. I hope that the situation is safe enough for Iris to tell a manager that that is why she isn't shopping there anymore, but I'm guessing she's trying to make a judgment call. Does he know where she lives? Very possible if the store is close enough that she shops there multiple times a day. Odds are good that they may run into each other on the street. He may just be clueless, or he may have intentionally been ratcheting up her unease for his own amusement. The sense of escalation can be what makes her feel unsafe.

Iris-I'm not trying to make this situation seem scarier than it actually is. If you feel comfortable, go ahead and report it. It might make things better. But I don't think you are responsible for his future bad behavior if you decide it it doesn't feel safe. He very may well just be socially awkward, but you can only act on what you observe.

Comment

Originally posted by Prickly Pear View Post
            Mosno-
            In a perfect world you are right. But I have to say these are situations that come up all the time. Don't engage can be safer, because sometimes men do retaliate. Sometimes all they do is scream at you. Sometimes nothing happens. Fewer times it is dangerous, but it is hard to tell. I hope that the situation is safe enough for Iris to tell a manager that that is why she isn't shopping there anymore, but I'm guessing she's trying to make a judgment call. Does he know where she lives? Very possible if the store is close enough that she shops there multiple times a day. Odds are good that they may run into each other on the street. He may just be clueless, or he may have intentionally been ratcheting up her unease for his own amusement. The sense of escalation can be what makes her feel unsafe.

Iris-I'm not trying to make this situation seem scarier than it actually is. If you feel comfortable, go ahead and report it. It might make things better. But I don't think you are responsible for his future bad behavior if you decide it it doesn't feel safe. He very may well just be socially awkward, but you can only act on what you observe.
            You put it pretty well there. I don't know how he'll react and not running into him isn't an option. I don't think he knows exactly where I live but it wouldn't be hard to find out (I can see the store from my kitchen window). Getting him in trouble with the manager might be escalating it.
            I THINK he's just awkward and will mostly just sulk at being turned down. But you never know. I'm going with distance and a polite no first and hoping that's where it stays.
            What babe?
            The babe with the power
            What power?
            The Power of voodoo
            Who do?
            You do!
            Do what?
            Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Today I went to Barnes and Noble to pick up the Cosmic Tarot Deck that I order on Monday then while I was there I bought two applesauce to go.

Comment

Dropped the boy-cat off at the vent this morning. He's got an ultrasound scheduled for mid morning and I'm very anxious to know what's going on with the little guy.
                �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                Sneak Attack
                Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I have a headshot session today and I keep forgetting about it, then remembering and then forgetting almost instantly. Probably because I stayed up reading a book whoops.
                  ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Originally posted by faye_cat View Post
                    I have a headshot session today and I keep forgetting about it, then remembering and then forgetting almost instantly. Probably because I stayed up reading a book whoops.
                    I am presuming a "Head-Shot" session is a photo-shoot set-up but I admit it brought some strange thoughts to mind he he he
                    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                      I am presuming a "Head-Shot" session is a photo-shoot set-up but I admit it brought some strange thoughts to mind he he he
                      hehe, you are correct. But imagine how often I make a typo and and use an "i" instead of an "o" ....and sometimes I send it to clients and regret my life so much. =P

Also, to add your strange thoughts, we ended up using his sword in the photos too. =P
                      ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

My day was just so tiring for me. I don't know why. I really wanted to leave work today, but stayed it through. I need my money. Hopefully tomorrow will feel better.
                        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Last week it was 20 C, and this morning it's snowing... lovely
                          What babe?
                          The babe with the power
                          What power?
                          The Power of voodoo
                          Who do?
                          You do!
                          Do what?
                          Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                            Dropped the boy-cat off at the vent this morning. He's got an ultrasound scheduled for mid morning and I'm very anxious to know what's going on with the little guy.
                            How everything is alright, I know it's hard when our pets don't feel good.
                            We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                            It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                            Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                            -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
                              Last week it was 20 C, and this morning it's snowing... lovely
                              Really? But it's May.

Comment

As of yesterday, I'm officially a Twitch affiliate! So stoked!

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Working...
                                X