Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
    I was browsing BC history at work today, and now I'm terribly homesick. I love the north, but the idea that I may never feel the salt air on my flesh again makes me sad.

I wish I could live in both places at once.

Yeah, I understand this...I'm a bit aprehensive about our potential move to Germany because it will be the first time I've not lived coastally in over 10 years (except for the brief stint where we went back to the midwest for me to finish college).
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
      Yeah. One of the Facebook groups I'm in posted a trigger warning for it for adoptive/foster parents because it was triggering their kiddos abandonment triggers.
      Nope I wont see it. My parents divorced around the first time I saw the original Dumbo I cried for weeks. It hurt, it still causes incredible sadness when I think about it. My MIL saw it and said it was not as sad as the first but I'm not chancing it.
      "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
        Yeah, I understand this...I'm a bit aprehensive about our potential move to Germany because it will be the first time I've not lived coastally in over 10 years (except for the brief stint where we went back to the midwest for me to finish college).
        I haven't lived coastally in 8 years, and I still miss it. I'm moving in September, back to BC for school, but I'll still be an 8 hour drive inland.

My partner is from Ontario and just doesn't understand the need to be near the coast. It doesn't even have to be the coast of my childhood. Just a coast. Anywhere.

Mostly art.

Comment

My job throws me an early birthday surprise birthday party since my birthday is on May 4. Very random and unpredictable. Then after work I went to Barnes and Noble and got the Pixie's Astounding Lenormand Deck as my early birthday present.

Comment

Finals are in a week. I'm nervous. I need to focus on law and embalming. But focusing is hard.
            We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
            It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
            Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
            -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
              Finals are in a week. I'm nervous. I need to focus on law and embalming. But focusing is hard.
              I know you will do great!

Yesterday was one of the longest calls I had and I was very pissed off. So it was a 40 minute call. The guy that I was talking to had called about the jean promo that we are doing at the stores. So he told me that the store had no more coupons to give out and that they would have to place the order right away for the promo. So he goes back into the store and I ask him to let me speak to the manager. I speak to the manager and tell her that instead of a coupon that she could give him a gift card. She asks me 'how do you do that?' Are you kidding me? You're a manager and you can't do a gift card? So I explain how to do it. We then wait about 15 minutes more. He had me on speakerphone and I'm trying to get the manager's attention or an employee's attention. So I ask if they can hear me. Finally, I say that we are supposed to have the best customer service. He then went out and I promised to send it off to corporate and I gave the location of the store up to them. Let's just say I was very pissed. I could be a better manager. I felt like if I could reach through the phone I would have. I'm big on customer service since I have had so many jobs in that area. If you can't work in that area, don't. Ugh.
              Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post

Yesterday was one of the longest calls I had and I was very pissed off. So it was a 40-minute call. The guy that I was talking to had called about the jean promo that we are doing at the stores. So he told me that the store had no more coupons to give out and that they would have to place the order right away for the promo. So he goes back into the store and I ask him to let me speak to the manager. I speak to the manager and tell her that instead of a coupon that she could give him a gift card. She asks me 'how do you do that?' Are you kidding me? You're a manager and you can't do a gift card? So I explain how to do it. We then wait about 15 minutes more. He had me on speakerphone and I'm trying to get the manager's attention or an employee's attention. So I ask if they can hear me. Finally, I say that we are supposed to have the best customer service. He then went out and I promised to send it off to corporate and I gave the location of the store up to them. Let's just say I was very pissed. I could be a better manager. I felt like if I could reach through the phone I would have. I'm big on customer service since I have had so many jobs in that area. If you can't work in that area, don't. Ugh.
                Oh wow. Sounds like the manager is very incompetent to do his own job. I'm sorry you have to go through with that.

Comment

In the -30s with the windchill, and our work building has run out of fuel. I feel like anywhere else, this would be an emergency, but I'm just gonna go put on some layers and keep working.

Mostly art.

Comment

In the -30s with the windchill, and our work building has run out of fuel. I feel like anywhere else, this would be an emergency, but I'm just gonna go put on some layers and keep working.
                    Yes it would be. We shut down just about everything for a few days this winter because it was in the -20s(F) without the windchill. It was cold and it hurt.
                    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post

Yesterday was one of the longest calls I had and I was very pissed off. So it was a 40 minute call. The guy that I was talking to had called about the jean promo that we are doing at the stores. So he told me that the store had no more coupons to give out and that they would have to place the order right away for the promo. So he goes back into the store and I ask him to let me speak to the manager. I speak to the manager and tell her that instead of a coupon that she could give him a gift card. She asks me 'how do you do that?' Are you kidding me? You're a manager and you can't do a gift card? So I explain how to do it. We then wait about 15 minutes more. He had me on speakerphone and I'm trying to get the manager's attention or an employee's attention. So I ask if they can hear me. Finally, I say that we are supposed to have the best customer service. He then went out and I promised to send it off to corporate and I gave the location of the store up to them. Let's just say I was very pissed. I could be a better manager. I felt like if I could reach through the phone I would have. I'm big on customer service since I have had so many jobs in that area. If you can't work in that area, don't. Ugh.
                      It's been my experience that many times blaming a manager for lacking knowledge often falls to who actually trains them. You've never meet this manager yet are passing judgement upon her and her abilities. Have no idea of how she was trained or to the level she was trained. Yet have a great deal of presumption about her training.

I've seen and had to deal with people who were trained to managerial levels by others who intentionally gave minimum skills as district level managers. It ensured their positions appeared to shine and they looked better. It's part of that rice bowl mentality. Something rather common in some areas, somewhat often encountered when your actually in a managerial position. Some call it job security.

You say she asked you "How do you do it?" Now your here giving us this. Saying you could do it be with the statement "Are you kidding me!" Sorry that is not managerial material. A manager would recognize the need to fix the situation, correct it and move on. Not get on some site and belittle the employee.

Maybe your not as big on customer service as you seem to be implying. Yep we know you've had a number of job's we've watched that history unfold here. Tried to support you in your seeking I think.

Sorry about being harsh and if the mods want to warn or infract me that's fine. I just get irritated with stuff like this, it leads to statements like BMH's below about this person being incompetent. Don't know her and the people making the statements don't have the best track records themselves.
                      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I didn't leave the house when the weather was like this this winter...
                        We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                        It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                        Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                        -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

I'm just really ready for spring. It's finally happening at home, but here at work it's still winter. And it's been winter since September and I just want to be waaaaaarm.

The fuelers have come and fixed the issue. It's still a bit chilly in here, but we are warming back up. Nothing like doing office work and being able to see your breath though, jeeze.

Mostly art.

Comment

I wish it was snowing everyday and get a beautiful blizzard.

Comment

Headed to Atlanta at o-dark-thirty tomorrow for work. I wont get to see the city as I will be in a conference hall from 8am - 5pm but I hope I get to enjoy some good southern cooking. Man that has got to be one of the biggest things I miss about the south, is southern cooking. I should get a little time after the show to do a little strolling but 9 times out of 10 I'm peopled out by the time were done and just want to go to bed.

This time though I busted my tail and got all my homework done for this week already so I wont have to worry about that while away. I want cheesy grits, I want collard greens, cornbread, cornmeal breaded catfish, sausage biscuits and gravy ... the list goes on and on and I know I wont get all of it but hopefully I'll get a few tasty morsels of some of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
                                I wish it was snowing everyday and get a beautiful blizzard.
                                Says the guy who's never experienced a true blizzard. They're terrible.

Mostly art.

Comment

Working...
                                X