What are you think 2017 to 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

I'm thinking about my kids, and how to continue their soft pagan upbringing without diving into ludicrous and comical absurdity. I think that this is the existential dilemma that's faced pagans since the dawn of the axial age.

Comment

Trying to decide why I let myself get talked into these massive projects. First the coloring book, which took about two years to get done because of working 60-80 hours a week at a day job during that time, and trying to get regular products made.....and now I'm getting bugged by several friends who own metaphysical shops that I need to make and publish my own oracle deck -___-

They just had to bug me and put the idea into my head, and now it's there, and its stuck, and I can't get it to go away, and I'm currently struggling to get it into any kind of cohesiveness and not just a gigantic jumble in my head going "Okay, where the bloody seven hells do I start".
      Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
      Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
      sigpic

Comment

I got two interviews today. One at 9:00 and one at 10:30. I am hoping one of them will turn out. One of this is temporary, however, I am approved to be a Lyft driver now and I can supplement some of that income with working for Lyft at least 2-3 days a week. Hopefully, things will go well. *crosses fingers*
        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Good news! I got a temporary job working in food service for Sodexo. The talent agency is going to be submitting my resume to other positions though that they think I am qualified for, but for now I need a temp job that will get me some money to pay the bills. So I am definitely not complaining.
          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I'm so close to being done with school... one more month. More or less.
            We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
            It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
            Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
            -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
              I'm so close to being done with school... one more month. More or less.
              LMAO - I know exactly how you feel, but from the other side.
              Last edited by B. de Corbin; 24 Jan 2020, 15:05.
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                Good news! I got a temporary job working in food service for Sodexo. The talent agency is going to be submitting my resume to other positions though that they think I am qualified for, but for now I need a temp job that will get me some money to pay the bills. So I am definitely not complaining.
                Congrats Shahaku! You've worked so hard!
                Anubisa

Comment

I am taking my daughter to Disney in April as a reward and bonding experience for all the time I've been away. Some folks think I'm crazy because I'm only taking her for a a couple days (flying in Monday and out on Wednesday). But I really don't care. And I'm excited. But I apparently need to schedule a similar surprise trip with my girlfriend because I'm fulfilling a childhood dream of her's vicariously through our daughter..
                  We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                  It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                  Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                  -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

First day at new temporary job went good. I had to leave early because I was getting dizzy from the heat. The place I work at has 4 restaurants and there are a lot of tables and I was working at wiping down the tables and keeping stuff clean. It was mad. It got packed around 12:00-1:00. I couldn't believe how crazy it was. I'm looking forward to tomorrow though.
                    Anubisa

Comment

Well today I am starting the 10-Day Green Smoothie Cleanse. It is going to be very hard because you have to drink smoothies for 10 days. There are a lot of great advantages to this because the body is detoxified. The average amount of pounds that a person loses during this time is 10-15 pounds. I am hoping that I looking forward just to detoxify my body. Some of the advantages are increased energy and better skin. So I will keep you updated on this.
                      Anubisa

Comment

I did a 10 day juice fast once like this. Expect to feel terrible for at least the first three days. Drink lots of water. Be kind to yourself.
                        “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                          I did a 10 day juice fast once like this. Expect to feel terrible for at least the first three days. Drink lots of water. Be kind to yourself.
                          Thanks I will be. I am trying to remember to drink a lot and drink some detox tea like the book recommends.
                          Anubisa

Comment

In a few hours I will be going to start my first volunteer shift as a baby cuddler in the NICU. I can't wait!
                            Anubisa

Comment

That's good work, right there. As a parent who's had a kid in NICU...we get exhausted. We want to cuddle with our kids more, but we can't..and we still want someone to hold them, for there to be some living connection to human beings while our children navigate those perilous weeks.

Comment

I loved cuddling with the babies. It was such a wonderful experience. It reminded me of when my nephew was little. I got to talk and hum and sing. The nurses woke them up when I was there to feed them and check their diapers so I helped cuddle to get one to sleep and another to wait til a nurse to get to her to feed her since cuddlers can't feed babies. I look forward to next week.
                                Anubisa

Comment

Working...
                                X